Middle Tennessee's Best Freshman Player

wildcatmom4

Columbia Academy's #23 is Lauren Bradley. She did make All District as a Freshman. Congruatlations LB!

Ravenwood does have a special player in Hannah Trainer. She is a two sport athlete who will excell in both softball and basketball. Her athletic ability is incredible, with great range to either side. Tremendous future for this young lady.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creekwood has a solid fielding and slapper Mary Tyson that is a freshman. She has not been outstanding but she has gotten the job done with some upperclassman could not.

Northeast pitcher Deson has had a very successful run from the mound for them and quite frankly is the whole reason they had the run they did.

Soddy has a floating freshman that is strong as well. I am not sure of her name, seen her on the field ask about her then stood in shock as I learned she is only a freshman.

Ravenwood has an impacting freshman at second, in Trainer.

Coffee County number 21 if I am not mistaken that plays 2nd as well is very strong.

Columbia played a freshman at short this year and she had a good half of the year.

Columbia Acacdemy's number 23 is a very strong player that from what I understand also started as an eight grader. I heard a freshman made all district for them I would be shocked if it was not her. She is pretty strong.

GPS well all of their players are great, but the freshman class as a whole made some noise for GPS for sure this year. IF you dont know the players and who to expect where on the field, sometimes you would not know they have their JV on the field playing your varsity team.

Waverly has a freshman courtesy runner (Bohanon) that probaly racked up as many stolen bases as the team combined.

McEwen has a right fileder that made a catch that should have made CNN and each time we have seen them she seems to have the opponent torn up over her latest catch.

Blackman started a freshman behind the plate in VonBroken?? and she had a succesful run there only to be replace by a healed upperclassman. But her bat proved to be instrumental in their success all year as she continued as a battery for them.

okay, so is her name VonBroken? or VanVranken? either way, i heard she made all district team. her bat is strong and if they would have let her catch more, you would see how strong her arm is. i tell you, i saw her in Soddy and she got my eye. i wish i knew if she is playing on a travel ball team. does anyone know? i see alot out of this girl.

okay, so is her name VonBroken? or VanVranken? either way, i heard she made all district team. her bat is strong and if they would have let her catch more, you would see how strong her arm is. i tell you, i saw her in Soddy and she got my eye. i wish i knew if she is playing on a travel ball team. does anyone know? i see alot out of this girl.

She plays travel ball for Team Tennessee

Both CC pitchers are outstanding and do a great job together in the circle as well as at the plate. The great thing is they will both be back next year!! Go Lady Raiders!!

Vincent is a very good hitter. She's a good change of pace lefty after facing Swan's fastball. Not a bad combination to have.

Although I think these threads are pointless (unless you want to start a "best sophmore, best junior and best senior" thread) I have seen a girl play at Goodpasture (3B), I do not know her name but I was very impressed with her play. Bat speed with power. Batting cleanup for Goodpasture means something, and to only be a freshman................wow!

Although I think these threads are pointless (unless you want to start a "best sophmore, best junior and best senior" thread) I have seen a girl play at Goodpasture (3B), I do not know her name but I was very impressed with her play. Bat speed with power. Batting cleanup for Goodpasture means something, and to only be a freshman................wow!

mackenzie leding. Has really shown up this year. Makes teams pay when they walk Kelsey. You have to pick your poison. Improved tremendously mentally and physically since last year.

I disagree, this is not a pointless thread (topic), the 2 pitchers mention Vincent of Coffee Co. and Deason of Northeast are outstanding pitchers even now, they are striking out veteran upper classmen including seniors, and not just weak teams. My daughter is a pitcher and has played on the same teams with these ladies and against these ladies and please understand they have a tremedous drive to win. Vincent work ethic and dedication to her craft would make any pitcher's dad proud. Deason you better bring a lunch because that child is a fighter and has a never die attitude. What you have seen of these ladies this season is nothing compared to what's to come. Better scout now because it might be too late the 2009 season

I disagree, this is not a pointless thread (topic), the 2 pitchers mention Vincent of Coffee Co. and Deason of Northeast are outstanding pitchers even now, they are striking out veteran upper classmen including seniors, and not just weak teams. My daughter is a pitcher and has played on the same teams with these ladies and against these ladies and please understand they have a tremedous drive to win. Vincent work ethic and dedication to her craft would make any pitcher's dad proud. Deason you better bring a lunch because that child is a fighter and has a never die attitude. What you have seen of these ladies this season is nothing compared to what's to come. Better scout now because it might be too late the 2009 season

............................I guess we can agree to disagree, but hey, good luck with your promoting! Why is this thread not pointless? You make it sound like college coaches get on here to scout players................"better scout now"......... are you serious?

Yes we will agree to disagree, I know most players have aspirations of playing on a college level but not all, my comments were not to promote but to advise that every young woman that puts on a school jersey may not have aspiration of playing on a college level but none the less, those that have GPA of 3.8 and above that choose to be doctors, lawyers and accounts after high school school does not mean that their efforts even as freshman should never and I do mean never thought of as pointless to mention. Sometimes it just about pride in are young woman not college scouts

Yes we will agree to disagree, I know most players have aspirations of playing on a college level but not all, my comments were not to promote but to advise that every young woman that puts on a school jersey may not have aspiration of playing on a college level but none the less, those that have GPA of 3.8 and above that choose to be doctors, lawyers and accounts after high school school does not mean that their efforts even as freshman should never and I do mean never thought of as pointless to mention. Sometimes it just about pride in are young woman not college scouts

..........your the one that said, "better scout them now". I would be willing to guess that these girls could care less how many times their name is mentioned on this website. If they do, I feel sorry for them. Most parents, on the other hand, feed off of it. And before you judge me, I am both a parent and a coach and I have seen BOTH sides. I have seen ALOT of tremendous athletes quit because of their parents. I am not saying that there are parents on here touting their daughters because I don't know. But threads like these snow ball into parents ranting, I have seen it a million times (well, maybe not a million).

• 1 month later...

Yes Bam is a very good player! But Blackman has another freshman that will be an eventual 7AAA MVP! Remember you heard it here! Her name is Jordan Abel. She can do it all and she usually does! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> She is good at all of them, but just imagine how great she would be if she stuck with just a couple. The future at Blackman is very bright. Not mention they have a little red headed spitfire of a pitcher coming in next year in Shelby Heath!

I was told the Heath girl was throwing in the low 60's can anyone confirm that?