State AAA!

pseudophobia

Hville here you go again with all the confidence in the world. What about Brentwood, Knox West, and Houston... West beat farragut last night 3-2 and you guys are not beating any top notch teams to talk about

I'm not sure it is accurate to challenge Hville's schedule. In all fairness, they scheduled a slew of top notch teams this year but the outcomes were impeded by the weather.

Knox Cath - won

CAK - Tied

Bearden - Got ripped

Father Ryan - Tied

Houston - Rained Out

Collierville - Rained Out

Two top Georgia Team - lost both

Brentwood - narrow loss

However, of late, Hville is correct in saying that they have been playing much better. Are they state-worthy? Only time will tell but the fact remains that they've played one of the toughest schedules in the state. And it seems to be paying off.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>>MVM says--once Regions start there are no weak teams.

Debatable statement. Soddy-Daisy was second place in a 4 team district. Teams 3 and 4 had a combined record of 0-15-3 according to Eurosports. Soddy was 6-8-2 yet as a result of being second in a weak district was a regional qualifier.

I'll agree that Soddy comes from a weak district, However, in the region we face either McMinn Co. or Cleveland most of the time. They are not weak teams. Then it's on to face a Tullahoma or Blackman, or Riverdale. They are not weak teams. Which proves my point that the road to to state tourny is a tough one for everybody once districts are done.

I think last Tues. night (Region Play) proves my point also....there were alot of upsets in a/aa and aaa (Soddy's lost was not an upset even though Soddy kept it close till the end. McMinn is clearly the better team). But, For anyone to make it to the state tourny, regradless of what district you come from is quite feat.

>>MVM says--once Regions start there are no weak teams.

Debatable statement. Soddy-Daisy was second place in a 4 team district. Teams 3 and 4 had a combined record of 0-15-3 according to Eurosports. Soddy was 6-8-2 yet as a result of being second in a weak district was a regional qualifier.

Exactly my point. No harm towards Soddy, but they represented a geographical area, and not one of the best eight teams in the state.

On to point #2. It all about finishing.

Hendersonville is a very quality team that will make it to state and possibly surprise some "haters." Personally i think the strong teams this year are coming from the middle, assuming we are counting blackman and riverdale as part of the middle.

Also, it's going to be good to see new faces from the east this year instead of Bearden and Farragut who some people would say got "ripped" but some would say deserved it and got out played. Everyone has an opinion but the actuality of this is that they are out and done regardless.

What is the east looking like? They are very quiet on coacht and do not say much..any info on the 4 teams left?

I'll agree that Soddy comes from a weak district, However, in the region we face either McMinn Co. or Cleveland most of the time. They are not weak teams. Then it's on to face a Tullahoma or Blackman, or Riverdale. They are not weak teams. Which proves my point that the road to to state tourny is a tough one for everybody once districts are done.

I think last Tues. night (Region Play) proves my point also....there were alot of upsets in a/aa and aaa (Soddy's lost was not an upset even though Soddy kept it close till the end. McMinn is clearly the better team). But, For anyone to make it to the state tourny, regradless of what district you come from is quite feat.

There is an ebb and flow to districts. Sometimes they are strong and sometimes they are weak. I think MVM's beef is that region 3 is easily looked over because lately the teams at the bottom of those districts (5 & 6) have been very weak and the teams that do come into sectionals never really make any noise. But the teams that are traditionally at the top of that region can certainly play.

This year the top teams in that region were Cleveland, Ooltewah, and McMinn. I believe that on a given day Cleveland and Ooltewah could hang with any of Euro's top ten in state. And if things had played out the way most expected, both teams would have had the chance. But Cleveland (District 5 runner up) eliminated Ooltewah (District 6 winner) in the region semifinals after being upset in their own district by McMinn (Cleveland did get payback tonight though). So now the burden is on them to represent the region well in sectionals. I think they have a team that can make some noise from here on out.

Hendersonville is a very quality team that will make it to state and possibly surprise some "haters." Personally i think the strong teams this year are coming from the middle, assuming we are counting blackman and riverdale as part of the middle.

Also, it's going to be good to see new faces from the east this year instead of Bearden and Farragut who some people would say got "ripped" but some would say deserved it and got out played. Everyone has an opinion but the actuality of this is that they are out and done regardless.

What is the east looking like? They are very quiet on coacht and do not say much..any info on the 4 teams left?

I have not drunk the KoolAid re: Blackman and Riverdale yet, perhaps because I have not seen them play. Russ does traditionally have his teams ready for the post season though. It will be interesting to see what happens on Saturday and where winners end up in the brackets.

West is very solid with Cody McCoy being a very skilled attacking mid. His brother Jack is a great striker. Tanner is also a threat with his dangerous throw ins, crosses, and even his shot. Oak Ridge is solid with Diego however he got injured tonight, dont know if he will be ready for Saturday. Their keepers are solid and Grim marked Tanner pretty well tonight. It will be tough to beat either of these teams especially when they are on their game.