#5 Marion County (29-8) vs. #3 Polk County (26-6)

Bangkok

With both teams ranked in the top 5 in Class AA, Marion and Polk will have a re match from earlier in the year at Grace Academy when Polk reeled in 10 runs and held Marion to just 1 hit. Polk is coming off of a horrible outing with the Chargers in the 5-AA championship game leaving around 8 or 9 runners on base, and making 5 or 6 errors in one inning allowing ALL 7 of Centrals runs to cross in the 5th inning and with Marion winning their 3rd straight D 6AA Championship by a whopping 12-0 victory over powerhouse Hixoson, and also Polk making it to the region tourney for the 1st time in 21 years, how will this game go?

Game is set for 8 est 7 central time, at Marion County High School, will it be Coach Roberts and his 5th ranked Warriors or Coach Tripplett and his 3rd ranked Wildcats?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With both teams ranked in the top 5 in Class AA, Marion and Polk will have a re match from earlier in the year at Grace Academy when Polk reeled in 10 runs and held Marion to just 1 hit. Polk is coming off of a horrible outing with the Chargers in the 5-AA championship game leaving around 8 or 9 runners on base, and making 5 or 6 errors in one inning allowing ALL 7 of Centrals runs to cross in the 5th inning and with Marion winning their 3rd straight D 6AA Championship by a whopping 12-0 victory over powerhouse Hixoson, and also Polk making it to the region tourney for the 1st time in 21 years, how will this game go?

Game is set for 8 est 7 central time, at Marion County High School, will it be Coach Roberts and his 5th ranked Warriors or Coach Tripplett and his 3rd ranked Wildcats?

So thats what happened. That final surprised me. Two of the best 2A teams paired in a first round regional elimination game. I'm going with Marion; the team has peaked at just the right time (again).

If Polk doesn't learn to relax and play it may be the end, but if they play the way they did most of the year they will compete with anyone. So with that said I'm going with Polk 4-3 because I like Polk's pitching and defense (even though they had a rare off night in the district championship).

I think you meant win not when? Coach Roberts has gotten Guyer back and that is huge.

an earlier comment that Marion has peak jsut at the right time is excellent analysis....now i have no clue how polk is but the way i saw Marion play in the 6aa tournament i think there goin to be hard to beat.....Ill take the Warriors experience in this game and the way they been playin.....MC

polk over marion isn't gonna happen. the warriors have been here many many times before and coach roberts knows how to when in the post season... marion by 3+ runs.

Polk has a very talented team and Marion better not look ahead to rematch with Hixson. I'm sure some Marion folks have already made reservations for Murfreesboro. But 3peat and how many times you've been wherever means nothing now. Polk is hungry for a chance to advance further. Be very careful purple, Polk handled you earlier in the year.

Polk has a very talented team and Marion better not look ahead to rematch with Hixson. I'm sure some Marion folks have already made reservations for Murfreesboro. But 3peat and how many times you've been wherever means nothing now. Polk is hungry for a chance to advance further. Be very careful purple, Polk handled you earlier in the year.

what happened last time you predicted a MC game's outcome.....you ate some crow for a year...im sure Coach Roberts will not have the boys looking ahead.......Im sure it will be a well played game

what happened last time you predicted a MC game's outcome.....you ate some crow for a year...im sure Coach Roberts will not have the boys looking ahead.......Im sure it will be a well played game

Hopefully for Polk, the score will not be 0-0 in btm of 7th at Marion. The umpires strike zone suddenly begins to shrink at that time of the game.

yea rite those umps came out of Cookeville I think!!!! Def. not from around close! They could care less who wins....I believe the strike zone was a non issue when Shaw hurled it over his catchers head!!! Anyway....Central will advance and the Polk-Marion game will be decided by who gets timely hits and plays "D"