Playoff Scores

BankofDad

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the Brentwood Bruins on their first state title in lacrosse.

Having been affiliated with the program off and on for a number of years, it really is a proud moment for all who have participated in the program; both in the past and now in the present.

The stability of the program in the last few years, the creation of the middle school program, and the resulting increase in skill level and "attitude" all led to this point. For years, the lacrosse program was plagued by coaching turnovers, lack of lacrosse skills, and the "its only a club sport" attitude. Once it became important, then things stabilized, parental involvement increased, skills dramatically increased, participation grew, sacrifices were easier to demand- and the result is a state championship.

Props out to Coach Cat for all of your years of hard work and belief, all of the parents who put time into the program, all of the players who laid the foundation, and to the Father of Brentwood Lacrosse, Mike Skiera. Coach Sky's influence and vision has paid off. Without your tireless effort, there would not BE a program. I know that a lot of former players had a smile brought to their faces when they heard the news!

It has been a wonderful journey (and at times there were doubts), but oh my, the view from the mountaintop is very much worth it. Again, congratulations!!!

Now, what are you going to do for me next year?

Why is there more talk about D2 than DI? No offense to any D2 teams you deserve your credit too but today in the paper the D2 championship game got about 4 paragraphs written about it when the DI game only got about 3 sentences. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Why is there more talk about D2 than DI? No offense to any D2 teams you deserve your credit too but today in the paper the D2 championship game got about 4 paragraphs written about it when the DI game only got about 3 sentences. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Very simple.

Two Middle Tennessee teams playing each other is of more interest in Nashville and environs than a West vs. East game.

Simple. It's a local paper. Two local teams played in the Develpmental League game and two non local teams played in the Varsity game.

Congrats to MUS and Brentwood.

Hopefully, Brentwood and Ryan will move into Varsity next year, giving us 12 teams on the Varsity level. There's really no reason Cookeville and Knoxville Webb couldn't move up as well.

Again, congrats to both teams on successful seasons.

i tired of this developmental league bs, brentwood's finally moving up happy?

Extremely. I hope they continue to elevate their level of play and add to the level of competitiveness in Div. I TN lacrosse. I realize their coach may leave in a couple of years, which I hope will not be used as an excuse to remain in the developmental league based on rebuilding. I hope the level of support from the parents remains strong from middle school forward as that will be the key in Brentwood's success coupled with finding another quality coach.

Extremely. I hope they continue to elevate their level of play and add to the level of competitiveness in Div. I TN lacrosse. I realize their coach may leave in a couple of years, which I hope will not be used as an excuse to remain in the developmental league based on rebuilding. I hope the level of support from the parents remains strong from middle school forward as that will be the key in Brentwood's success coupled with finding another quality coach.

Wait so Brentwood is moving up to D1?