All-East TN team (Coach T)

dins8

i am stating that the cheap tactics of the pros and that of tanner is not the same. i don't even know how you could compare a kid who fouls when there is no need to pros who foul when it's neccessary..... plus the pros have the skills to back it up..... not saying that tanner doesn't have skills but if he would work on these habits his skills will come of more use. i watched him closley tonight..... he didn't give up on to many plays and even tract back to steal the ball once or twice. he got shoved more then he was shoved. Do you know how you take skills away? you play agressive and foul them........ at the college level everyone can do what tanner is doing. he just resorts to physical play rather then skills just like tonight science hill resorted to physical play rather then skills. In high school physical play can overcome skills.... not in college because EVERYONE has skills and is physical. Not saying i dont like physical play but there is a difference between that and what tanner does. to compare what he does to pros or that of witch the habits that these pros had is nuts....

Maybe Luke schooled him a few times in the past and he is now trying to diss his lil bro. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Luke schooled him a few times in the past and he is now trying to diss his lil bro. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Entirely possible. Luke was a fabulous player (four time State Div. I champion with the Warriors '86 and Impact '86) and Tanner is like a whole lot of "little" brothers. First, a lot of times they end up physically bigger than their older brothers. They also often work harder than ever to keep up when they start playing and end up being tremendous players as well. I've watched Tanner play since he was about 4 or 5. He's aggressive, not dirty, and he is full of "little brother tricks" learned to hang with the older kids he scrimmaged with on a regular basis. I have no idea where the long throws come from, but they are a great offensive weapon. Good luck at State to West.

Entirely possible. Luke was a fabulous player (four time State Div. I champion with the Warriors '86 and Impact '86) and Tanner is like a whole lot of "little" brothers. First, a lot of times they end up physically bigger than their older brothers. They also often work harder than ever to keep up when they start playing and end up being tremendous players as well. I've watched Tanner play since he was about 4 or 5. He's aggressive, not dirty, and he is full of "little brother tricks" learned to hang with the older kids he scrimmaged with on a regular basis. I have no idea where the long throws come from, but they are a great offensive weapon. Good luck at State to West.

I have seen Tanner play several times and I must say the kid is not a "Dirty" player, does he do some off the ball stuff sure but he is not doing it with the intent to harm the other player. I would say that I have seen him play over 20 games and not once have I witnessed him hurt another player with intent. Like stated above he is a hard nosed player who plays with his emotions on his sleeve. To me he is the kid you hate when he is against you, but you would love to have him on your side.

well im sorry i dont know how they do it on the division 3 level of college soccer!

laughing my butt off.... because this proves you know nothing about me and you just want to attack me. first if you don't know what level i play at and still try to put me down shows me that you are just using ignorance. As for Tanner, once again moneyshot read ALL my post ( because i have post on this topic in different forums). i think he's a good player, just said that he had some nasty habits like he's brother. did i say that he will always have them? no. i said that he could get over them and if he did he will become an amazying player. His brother didn't and that's why he sat the bench towards the end of his career with the impact 86. I played with and against Luke since we were 12. he had alot of potential but let things over take him. I really don't see his brother doing the same because of how luke turned out. I could see Tanner staying more focused (and trust me i hope this happens). I love hearing of success that the knoxville TALANT is having and i wish more for Tanner and West. I have no dog in any fight, just stating opionons. i will admit that they are a little blunt and straight to the point. sorry i'm not so over complimentive of everything you all do. Remember that you are not playing at the highest level (and nethier am I) and that's what we should try to work for. I've always been good on finding weaknesses (even in my own game) and how to fix them. I have a couple years experience coaching and training both high school and club (not just for one program or person but different programs). I am trying to better my knowledge of the game everyday and i just simple post to get more feedback not to blast people. Good luck to West and Tanner