2008 McMinn Central Chargers

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are a very great football team.. it showed in the scrimmage. i believe we will go to the state championship with no doubt!!

Please don't start this again...I love Central, but this was only the first scrimmage of the fall...Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the Big Blue in the state championship, I just believe it's a little early to be calling it...

It was a good scrimmage to watch, i thought Central struggled on defense stopping the wing t. They was missing 3 key players up front. The two starting d ends Ben Stile and DJ King and one starting linebacker Eric Sloan. Watson looked pretty good on defense he laid a couple good hits. But they will really get there big test friday with South Pitt. The offense looked very sharp they scored everytime they had the ball except 2 times one was an INT and the other the qb fumbled inside the 10. Moses looked very good running the ball hard with a few long runs, Moss and Harrison looked good at wide reciever too. They should be a very dangerous team with all the weapons they have IF they keep there head on straight and continue to work hard. GO CHARGERS!

Please don't start this again...I love Central, but this was only the first scrimmage of the fall...Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the Big Blue in the state championship, I just believe it's a little early to be calling it...

I do agree it is a little early to be sayin they are a state championship team but i do think they will be very good. They did play decent with players missing but i do think there is still some work to be done on the practice field with attitudes of some players and also they need to find more depth in line. Other than that i think the chargers are set to have an outstanding season.

everyone knows i'm as big a supporter for central football than anyone, but lets not get carried away just yet, guys. i mean i have said i think we can win through the second round of the playoffs, but we can't say the chargers are state championship contenders just yet after one scrimmage can we? i guess no one thought they would be contenders for the region title last year either, haha...i'm just saying lets just wait till the regular season to see how good they are....we all know they will be good....the question is just how good. GO CHARGERS

i heard jackson, king, stiles, green, that other LB besides watson, don't know the rest but i also heard that one of the coaches was not their because a job interview..not sure what coach was missing..

Curtis Jordan, Sloan, Borden, Pryor and the coach was Wlikerson who was NOT interviewing, he had some family business to take care of. Not having the first four DE's hurt stopping the wing T but the guys that filled in did a pretty good job, Shaw and Lawson. Soph and a freshman.