West @ Farragut Region Semis

knoxvegas19

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bite...

I think these are the two best teams in the state (of the teams that I have seen and or played) when they are at the top of their game.

Not to take anything away from Maryville, but I think Farragut was rocked to the core with the loss of a dear friend the night previous, and I would imagine found it hard to get "pumped" for the game. Maryville is a VERY good team, and also can get their teams ready for the intensity of the match. I'll post my opinions on the Maryville Oak Ridge game on the other thread.

Both Farragut and West have incredible set pieces, including the dominant threat of throw ins (which were even deadly on our huge field, and will be so on Farraguts narrower field). They both have incredible team attacks, and build the attack well, with good ball movement. Individually, I think the edge might go to West, but as a team, it is almost like Farragut knows where each other are at all times. I love the 1 touch flick balls, or passes that they make.

The edge overall, I think goes to Farragut, because they are used to pressure situations like these big games. While it is good to be pumped, it can also bite you if the pendulum swings the other way. Farragut might not get as "high" but also doesn't seem to get as "low".

I would say that it is a true shame that one of these teams will not advance.

I say Farragut 2 West 1...

I'll bite...

I think these are the two best teams in the state (of the teams that I have seen and or played) when they are at the top of their game.

Not to take anything away from Maryville, but I think Farragut was rocked to the core with the loss of a dear friend the night previous, and I would imagine found it hard to get "pumped" for the game. Maryville is a VERY good team, and also can get their teams ready for the intensity of the match. I'll post my opinions on the Maryville Oak Ridge game on the other thread.

Both Farragut and West have incredible set pieces, including the dominant threat of throw ins (which were even deadly on our huge field, and will be so on Farraguts narrower field). They both have incredible team attacks, and build the attack well, with good ball movement. Individually, I think the edge might go to West, but as a team, it is almost like Farragut knows where each other are at all times. I love the 1 touch flick balls, or passes that they make.

The edge overall, I think goes to Farragut, because they are used to pressure situations like these big games. While it is good to be pumped, it can also bite you if the pendulum swings the other way. Farragut might not get as "high" but also doesn't seem to get as "low".

I would say that it is a true shame that one of these teams will not advance.

I say Farragut 2 West 1...

its hard to beat a team that practices basically together all year long... east tn select and ultra lions practice alot together in the fall ... and most of the kids on both teams play at farragut... i believe this is a huge advantage adn why they can do the little one touch flicks nad passes, they all know eachother very well

farragut 5-3 grossbard throw ins are the difference...

Since this will be my first game of the year I will drop an opinion. I know both teams will be filling some holes on the defensive side because of cards so I am expecting some great offensive opportunities on goal. Could be as good as the state final last year between Bearden and Farragut and as high scoring.

Games like these are not won because of talent so that is a wash for me trying to compare talent. Most of these young men have been in a state final at some level so the pressure shouldn't be an issue.

Going out on a limb, it will be a scrappy play in the box off a throw in that decides this game. I am a Farragut man, but I am going with Patrick Maloney finishing off a deflection to win in overtime. West will get it's first trip to the big dance in AAA and the big two from ET will be confused on how to spend Memorial Day weekend. Bizzaro soccer in K-town this year.

Good luck to both squads and make sure to leave it all on the field.

There's my post for the season KM.