Franklin vs. Riverdale(scrimmage)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very surprised to see the poor performance by Riverdale, i was expecting a much better team but it is also spring practice so they didnt seem very prepared....very good job by my rebs i thought they played great!!! also i play defense for coach webb and i love him being my coach and am really blessed to have him teach me! i kinda though our defense would be hurting this year but they played pratty good! coach webb always knows how to keep a great defense!

i am not against riverdale at all. but this does not surprise me one bit. not because of coaching, but because riverdale does not have the football players they have always had.

5 wins for riverdale will be a HUGE thing for riverdale this year. i had hoped they would surprise some folks by looking good and at least competitive agains franklin, but i am afraid this will be the party line all year for riverdale.

i am not against riverdale at all. but this does not surprise me one bit. not because of coaching, but because riverdale does not have the football players they have always had.

5 wins for riverdale will be a HUGE thing for riverdale this year. i had hoped they would surprise some folks by looking good and at least competitive agains franklin, but i am afraid this will be the party line all year for riverdale.

i respectfully disagree with you there is plenty of talent there to win or at least be competitive

I was very surprised to see the poor performance by Riverdale, i was expecting a much better team but it is also spring practice so they didnt seem very prepared....very good job by my rebs i thought they played great!!! also i play defense for coach webb and i love him being my coach and am really blessed to have him teach me! i kinda though our defense would be hurting this year but they played pratty good! coach webb always knows how to keep a great defense!

YES SIR, YOU'RE VERY BLESSED!

i respectfully disagree with you there is plenty of talent there to win or at least be competitive

that's fine. we'll just respectfully disagree and i might be wrong and would be more than glad to admit that as the season progresses. but i have seen riverdale's freshmen classes for the last three years and they were very weak. and i have seen riverdale practice and they do not have the guys that you need to have to win in this region. i have had conversations with people who know riverdale football and those that are not blinded by the past dominance admit the same thing. if my prediction comes to fruition, the blind riverdale fans will immediately blame the coach and call for his head instead of owning up to the fact that they lack the talent to win, at this point, in this region. the coaches will get all they can out of this group of young men, but they can only do so much with the hand they have been given. riverdale is in trouble, most people around the county know that. i really do hope for the best for all of region 4-5A teams, but the reality for riverdale this year is that they will struggle, but hopefully struggle well. Just because they wear the burnt and gold colors and have 100 players does not mean they will win. Matter of fact, i will also predict that they will get totally blown out at least a couple of times if not more.

I hope Riverdale does great, I have a lot of respect for the program and coaches, but there was a reason Rankin left and this might just be it.

you are right. ranking knew it was heading this way. the coaches on his staff knew it. the writing was clearly written in the sky. and rankin also knew he could not win with kids that were coming his way and he could not stomach not winning in a league that he had dominated for so long, so he left. smart move, i will let others decide that. but i know that he knew and made his decision accordingly.

you are right. ranking knew it was heading this way. the coaches on his staff knew it. the writing was clearly written in the sky. and rankin also knew he could not win with kids that were coming his way and he could not stomach not winning in a league that he had dominated for so long, so he left. smart move, i will let others decide that. but i know that he knew and made his decision accordingly.

Exactly, his ego is too big to have seen his streak broken. He lost his pull at the Central Office and bye bye to zone exempts. He was going to actually have to WORK with average athletes! So, He bailed and so did practically all of the staff. We had the same thing happen at Oakland when the writing was on the wall when Siegel opened. The majority of our staff ran like the wind too.

that's fine. we'll just respectfully disagree and i might be wrong and would be more than glad to admit that as the season progresses. but i have seen riverdale's freshmen classes for the last three years and they were very weak. and i have seen riverdale practice and they do not have the guys that you need to have to win in this region. i have had conversations with people who know riverdale football and those that are not blinded by the past dominance admit the same thing. if my prediction comes to fruition, the blind riverdale fans will immediately blame the coach and call for his head instead of owning up to the fact that they lack the talent to win, at this point, in this region. the coaches will get all they can out of this group of young men, but they can only do so much with the hand they have been given. riverdale is in trouble, most people around the county know that. i really do hope for the best for all of region 4-5A teams, but the reality for riverdale this year is that they will struggle, but hopefully struggle well. Just because they wear the burnt and gold colors and have 100 players does not mean they will win. Matter of fact, i will also predict that they will get totally blown out at least a couple of times if not more.

While i will admit we dont have any many scholarship players as we did last year we do have enough talent to develop and build and i think most of us know what the problem was with the freshman teams the past few years...but running on and off the feild and hustling to the line of scrimmage has nothing to do with talent dont you agree?...coach rankin and his STAFF DEVELOPED A LOT OF THAT TALENT while we had big leads and got criticzed for it players got a lot of game experince their sophmore and JR years well now these JRs and SRs to be really do not have that game experience so that is the reason that some of the players expected to perform now are not ready yet