Franklin vs. Riverdale(scrimmage)

I have lots of experience with the warrior program (and some hardware to go along with it), so i'll throw my two cents worth in here...first off LOD, losing forrest to blackman is NOT a bad thing for the warriors...trust me...second thing, everybody needs to understand once and for all that programs rise and fall due to lack of coaching, athleticism, discipline, leadership, funding, etc...or combinations of all these...no program can stand on top for all eternity...i've always known this (even as a player amidst those diehard warrior fans who swore the 'dale should be bumped to the S.E.C.)...i was fortunate enough to be there in the middle of the riverdale dynasty, and it was maintained for one reason and one reason only...not solely because of coaching or athleticism or recruiting or whatever...we were who we were because WE DID NOT EXPECT OR SETTLE FOR FAILURE and simply put, WE DID NOT KNOW HOW TO LOSE...the tradition that came along with putting on the cardinal and gold meant that your absolute best effort was a prerequisite for being on the team...100+ players on a team all giving their utmost effort can end in nothing less than success...how else do you explain rankin only playing the same 25-30 kids every game and yet still keeping more players than jerseys...and last thing, when i was there, we had ONE d-1 kid on our team, and we still made it to the BCB...made it all three years i was on varsity without any real d-1 talent...we succeeded because we trusted each other and held each other accountable...if someone was booted off the team, it was always by his teammates and NEVER by the coaching staff...thats the type of team mentality we had...if riverdale has lost that altogether then they are simply not the same riverdale of '91 til rankin left...he began that mentality and cultivated it every year, regardless of talent...we beat better teams because we expected to win every game, every series, every down...number of d1 prospects has no bearing on your teams outcome...if they have that d1 mentality, then the sky is the limit...if they've lost that, then no amount of buckling your chinstraps on the sidelines or running to and from the line of scrimmage is gonna do anything...look at riverdale's d1 signees from last year...more on that team than all my years combined, yet not nearly the success...riverdale needs to revive the tradition and enthusiasm and mentality that seems to have exited with rankin before they can ever expect to achieve that top-tier status again...

THIS IS A GREAT POST

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the coach @ rivadale is only playin with playas in his zone.

rankin would have had montori rod sonny chris gray bather upchurch joshday & mauricio all livin @ his dorm

& anotha ring

coach barnes waz the best coach central eva had

once he left

it all went downhill

it wasnt 10 years ago when rankin left...he left after all those guys sophmore years. and according to him, if mauricio had had his way he wouldda been at riverdale

btw, where are the riverdale "dorms" at? all our opponents tend to "know" but i have yet to see them or know where they are located.

it wasnt 10 years ago when rankin left...he left after all those guys sophmore years. and according to him, if mauricio had had his way he wouldda been at riverdale

btw, where are the riverdale "dorms" at? all our opponents tend to "know" but i have yet to see them or know where they are located.

the dorms at riverdale seem to be mobile, but i have heard that at one point a couple years ago they ran right through the blackman cafeteria... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

the dorms at riverdale seem to be mobile, but i have heard that at one point a couple years ago they ran right through the blackman cafeteria... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i dont know why it was so shocking for everyone about locke coming to riverdale...ties to the program already, chance for a ring (instead of going 0-fer had he stayed that next year), it was a no brainer. nobody had to recruit him

i dont know why it was so shocking for everyone about locke coming to riverdale...ties to the program already, chance for a ring (instead of going 0-fer had he stayed that next year), it was a no brainer. nobody had to recruit him

still though...he wore cardinal and gold during the day and tucked in at night underneath blue and orange...can't help seeing the irony in that one...

Has Riverdale hired their new D-coordinator? Word is right now they're changing some defensive schemes and it's been tough for some players to adjust in such a short time frame. That could've been the reason for their poor showing at Franklin. I've heard from quite a few coaches that the talent is still there to win, maybe not the talent of the Rankin era, but there's some still there. Riverdale will be competitive, like always. Forrest leaving Central is a good thing for Riverdale. I've heard from several parents that he had a habit of steering players to Oakland or at least away from Riverdale.

Has Riverdale hired their new D-coordinator? Word is right now they're changing some defensive schemes and it's been tough for some players to adjust in such a short time frame. That could've been the reason for their poor showing at Franklin. I've heard from quite a few coaches that the talent is still there to win, maybe not the talent of the Rankin era, but there's some still there. Riverdale will be competitive, like always. Forrest leaving Central is a good thing for Riverdale. I've heard from several parents that he had a habit of steering players to Oakland or at least away from Riverdale.

That only happened AFTER his son left R'dale to play ball at Oakland and Rankin would NOT sign the waiver so Matt had to sit out a whole year. Before that he supported them BOTH.

Sometimes football in Rutherford County reminds me of a NEVER ending soap opera. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Riverdale went through spring without the Creasey, Patterson, or Breeden. That's your d-coordinator, a DB-LB coach, and a D-line coach. That's not a scenario for getting much acomplished.

Haven't heard anything about any hires. I'm hoping we bring in some guys that know their stuff and have a fire burning. We need to pick up the intensity on defense.

Go Warriors!!

Who does riverdales website now?....I know Wyant used to do it, but he left.....I wonder if he is going to do siegels now. Most of the teams websites arent very good.

riverdale and blackmans are prolly the 2 best websites...i prolly like blackmans better..it has a ton of stuff on it...you can watch videos from their 2002 team.

I could be wrong, but I think David Limbaugh is doing Riverdale's football website now.

I agree that most of the school's sites really need some work. I was disappointed in Oakland's. Riverdale's has always been the best. Wyant did a really good job when he did theirs, but Limbaugh is a PRO and I think RHS will continue to keep theirs on top. Wyant wasn't doing Smyrna's. I think it was Coach Gonyea that did theirs. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Who is Patterson from Riverdale? Where did he go? Did he migrate to another region 4 school?

It is almost impossible to keep us these days with all the switching and new staffs.

Maybe someone from each school could give an updated list of the current staffs and where the ones who left went?