David Jones, SP's RB turning Heads

OLD PIRATE

Ya know what Boss isnt it funny how many moons ago I posted in this room how good these boys are and are going to be and i got hammered for it.. same as last year.. so i said then id make this remark when everyone was jumping on the Band wagon... ya bunch of bandwagon jumper's....... why does it always have to be in the papers for you to know the talent we have ?? i said it in december and febuary that we was going to be better than last year and i got creamed by fans .. well its nearly August and what do i see "we may be better than last years team.. well no duhhhh.... you heard it here first... aint that right BOSSBORO lol laters guys... ohh ill make another prediction south pittsburg will be in the chattanooga areas top 3 when it first comes out....right behing Mccalie u know they are gonna get number 1, Daddy Turner is gonna make sure of that.. lol i saw one post on here that i may believe to be the best.. it said south pittsburg maybe the best team in teh chattanooga area regardless of class.... AMEN.... and the more press south pittsburg gets the more there umm the less lackluster fans will come out of the closet...

Same ole stuff /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ... glad to hear that you "knew" back in Dec and you "know" now that we will be better than last year. The team hasn't even had the first game or the first scrimmage or even practiced in pads yet but you "know" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . We may very well end up as good or even better than last year but no one "knows" anything for sure just yet.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same ole stuff /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ... glad to hear that you "knew" back in Dec and you "know" now that we will be better than last year. The team hasn't even had the first game or the first scrimmage or even practiced in pads yet but you "know" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . We may very well end up as good or even better than last year but no one "knows" anything for sure just yet.

OR i could be like you Zone and talk it down all year til things are being talked about then say yea were pretty good.. seems like a state line jumper like yourself could spot a good team when u see one?? ohh wait. thats because you have only been a pirate fan for a few years .. me ive been one for 30+ years...I know yes i said know when i see a good team.. so does many other people that watch this site and laugh at the ones that always seem to come around.. then get on here like u just did and try there best to downplay the fact that you have to pat kids on the back to make them believe there good.. you get alot more from a kid when they know you believe... ohh wait next post your gonna try and put me down some more to try and make it look like just because they havnt won the title yet you shouldnt believe.. now lets see what you say and or laugh about...does it always have to be shown to you on the field that we are that good i thought u was a coach? I know ive had many dinners with Coach Hale he believe's exactly as I do... I know he know's what a good team is cause he is a real coach...

OR i could be like you Zone and talk it down all year til things are being talked about then say yea were pretty good.. seems like a state line jumper like yourself could spot a good team when u see one?? ohh wait. thats because you have only been a pirate fan for a few years .. me ive been one for 30+ years...I know yes i said know when i see a good team.. so does many other people that watch this site and laugh at the ones that always seem to come around.. then get on here like u just did and try there best to downplay the fact that you have to pat kids on the back to make them believe there good.. you get alot more from a kid when they know you believe... ohh wait next post your gonna try and put me down some more to try and make it look like just because they havnt won the title yet you shouldnt believe.. now lets see what you say and or laugh about...does it always have to be shown to you on the field that we are that good i thought u was a coach? I know ive had many dinners with Coach Hale he believe's exactly as I do... I know he know's what a good team is cause he is a real coach...

Yea...you're a real expert /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Yea...you're a real expert /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

hmm lets think about this lol I was right last year at this time wasnt I? u said the same thing u are now... ill bet u any amount im right now... what ya think wanna bet>?

Zone, Old Pirate says it appears .................Geno is off his medication again. Every program has got their experts!

your the worst we have to put the boys below what they should be.. do u guys not think the ones i know on here that post not talk in person? lol

your the worst we have to put the boys below what they should be.. do u guys not think the ones i know on here that post not talk in person? lol

The only problem i have with some of us is.....When a young man has shown that he has big-time ability.Why does he not get any confirmation from those who have seen this kid grow-up and play year after yr.Just like i stated before,even Miss America has a pimple on her butt.That seems to be what we look for first,any negative.Or maybe some of us haven't really been,or been around big-time football players.Anyone who is really objective about talent has always told it like it was about David.But when you ask someone who has been around the kid and watched and coached him even.They would say that they didn't know if he was D-1 talent.I don't get it.Is that ignorance or plain ole,I don't like him?David hasn't been featured since Zone had him in little league! South Pittsburg has been known for great backs.Why not acknowledge what we have here this last year he's here and enjoy as 1 big Pirate Family!

The only problem i have with some of us is.....When a young man has shown that he has big-time ability.Why does he not get any confirmation from those who have seen this kid grow-up and play year after yr.Just like i stated before,even Miss America has a pimple on her butt.That seems to be what we look for first,any negative.Or maybe some of us haven't really been,or been around big-time football players.Anyone who is really objective about talent has always told it like it was about David.But when you ask someone who has been around the kid and watched and coached him even.They would say that they didn't know if he was D-1 talent.I don't get it.Is that ignorance or plain ole,I don't like him?David hasn't been featured since Zone had him in little league! South Pittsburg has been known for great backs.Why not acknowledge what we have here this last year he's here and enjoy as 1 big Pirate Family!

Not taking anything from Robert or anything anyone has done.. But ive said all alone i believe David has a chance to be the best back since wigfall.. when i say all around Grades do count...i have never seen David cut to the sideline to avoid a hit.. i have never seen him back down from a tackle... when he gets past the open man he is more dangerous than ever, and when has anyone seen the first man take him down....I for one am a David fan and he knows it his Dad knows it for we talk all the time.. we as fan's and as citizens of South Pittsburg we need to get behind this kid.. Im so tired over the years of hearing where is he now? or If he only had the grades.. This Kid has a chance that hundreds it not thousands of Pirate players has never done get a full ride at a SEC school for football...well as i see it ... Its about to change.....you all know a couple years ago i was on vic hard and heavy and he knows it im sure.. i went to school with Vic and am now gonna say as i have last year.. he has turned out to be a great Coach.. he has one great kid in David Jones I for one hope he is in Orange.. I bet you if he does this Town will be proud then.. well why wait till then.. lets get behind him and hope him all the best.. as that is said Ill say this also i believe this team has 5 or 6 more players deserving of full rides maybe 1 or 2 more D1.. 30 something more days woo hooo... Good Luck David...

Anyone who is really objective about talent has always told it like it was about David.But when you ask someone who has been around the kid and watched and coached him even.They would say that they didn't know if he was D-1 talent.I don't get it.Is that ignorance or plain ole,I don't like him?David hasn't been featured since Zone had him in little league! South Pittsburg has been known for great backs.Why not acknowledge what we have here this last year he's here and enjoy as 1 big Pirate Family!

I don't think anyone has a question about David's ability or most of the backfield for that matter but the backfield is only part of the team. We are replacing all but 1 of our starting linemen and that is not an easy task. They are coming along really well but I think putting overly high expectations on a bunch of new starters or even the whole team (which lost 13 seniors) is unfair to them. If they don't meet these overblown expectations in the first game, some on here will be critical of the kids and/or coaches if these expectations are not met. I think these kids deserve the chance to come together as a team and get their own identity....this is not last year's team. They may come out and be really good from the beginning and they may struggle a little. Nobody knows at this point.