David Jones, SP's RB turning Heads

OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate says us Auburn guys are going to send some messages to the head coach. The kid is deserving of the attention. OP says he should be a beast if he can stay healthy and get some quality blocking.

Old Pirate says Good Luck David, hold tight to those dreams & make them a reality.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that guy that wrote that story sure stretched the truth didnt he..... handfull of rings???????? Dozens of college players???????????? geesh... Im not knocking Vic he is a good coach now.. but that guy did stretch it abit...

Old Pirate says 2 rings is a hand full and he has 3. Players signing letters of intent 5 last year, Eddie Moore & Dan Merriman in 98 Antonio Robinson & Chubb to Tech, Starkey played for Tech until a neck injury? and possably Ron Ridley. OP is rather sure Sewanee wanted him but he thought he could make it at Tn. The count is 10 players for sure. Not counting several that coulda signed off the 99 team & this years crop of talent could push it past a dozen. Pretty impressive if anyone asks OP.

Old Pirate says 2 rings is a hand full and he has 3. Players signing letters of intent 5 last year, Eddie Moore & Dan Merriman in 98 Robinson & Chubb to Tech, Starkey played for Tech until a neck injury? and possably Ron Ridley. OP is rather sure Sewanee wanted him but he thought he could make it at Tn. The count is 10 players for sure. Not counting several that coulda signed off the 99 team & this years crop of talent could push it past a dozen. Pretty impressive if anyone asks OP.

now u have a full glass??? Vic has 2 r ings as head coach.. not a handfull, he has NOT has dozen's "plural" go to college... OMG are you saying couldve wouldve? yes Vic is now doing a good Job.. I just said the guy that wrote that story stretched the truth .. yes or no?.. david wants to go to Tennessee I personally thinks its a lock.. you say healthy? look what he did un healthy last year lol....he will be Mr football this year... we have never had a player with this kind of looks this early that i can remember.. BUT OP im sure you know of 25 that have.....

now u have a full glass??? Vic has 2 r ings as head coach.. not a handfull, he has NOT has dozen's "plural" go to college... OMG are you saying couldve wouldve? yes Vic is now doing a good Job.. I just said the guy that wrote that story stretched the truth .. yes or no?.. david wants to go to Tennessee I personally thinks its a lock.. you say healthy? look what he did un healthy last year lol....he will be Mr football this year... we have never had a player with this kind of looks this early that i can remember.. BUT OP im sure you know of 25 that have.....

Old Pirate says the writer has surely been reading coacht and some of your posts. You know stretching what is reality. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Calm.... down.... youngon...... OP is having a little fun.

David is a real talent. Injury is always a strong possablity and has derailed a many future carreer's.

Old Pirate says the writer has surely been reading coacht and some of your posts. You know stretching what is reality. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Calm.... down.... youngon...... OP is having a little fun.

David is a real talent. Injury is always a strong possablity and has derailed a many future carreer's.

this is a quote from myself... the trait of a true champion is the ability to play thru an injury on or near the same level.. David has done that.. lol forget Auburn lol do u know of a kid that has had this much Notice this early?

[/quote}

You better quit thinking.. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

The last few years have resulted in coaches looking at Jrs and even sophs...recruiting is a different game now

Old Pirate just got a jump on the coulda-woulda chatter. Several had their chances, but then again various reasons (unknown by OP)their choice was not to continue their playing carreers.

Riggs was totally unstoppable playing at the 4A level, hard to judge Jones against that since he's not had the opportunity to do so.

Old Pirate says it's easier to plow the field if you have the horses to pull the plow. OP was never a huge fan of Riggs. Name carried him to a higher level than OP really thinks he was. David has to have some quality play from his ponys in training to eclipse school records. The chatter around the area/state is strong about David. The Kid is a rare find with grades, attitude,size,speed,vision and strength.Durability is always a big question, if he prevails and avoids the injury bug, watch out.