David Jones, SP's RB turning Heads

OLD PIRATE

Tell David Old Pirate said to treat it like his last game as it will aginst the warriors. The boys will be in Black and the old Intimidator himself loved the color. OP will be there in the crowd pulling for the team. Good Luck!

Well OP I don't know if David's a superstar or not .But he is the brightest shinning star in this area in Tennessee.He's been rated no less than the 2 best back in the state,Tenn.prep.com,Tenn(scout).fb.com magazine.Also highlighed as 1 of the 11 best high school players in Tenn. by Murphy Fair magazine. With 5 D-1 offers,SEC included.His academics set him apart from the norm.We just pray that the young men following him will take note of their oblilgations to school work.The younger Pirates have a grand oppurtunity to follow his lead after this season.Also there will me many more offers to follow as long as he stays healthty and leads his team to another great season.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the opportunity to see this young lad play on more than one occasion last season. I think he has a great opportunity in front of him. Not all young lads have the opportunity to become a true Living Legend. This young lad can become that Living Legend if he leads his team to another great season. I look forward to watching him play several games this season. If you are listening, always remember this young lad. Achieving Legend Status is a Choice.

I had the opportunity to see this young lad play on more than one occasion last season. I think he has a great opportunity in front of him. Not all young lads have the opportunity to become a true Living Legend. This young lad can become that Living Legend if he leads his team to another great season. I look forward to watching him play several games this season. If you are listening, always remember this young lad. Achieving Legend Status is a Choice.

Gosh Legend,we thought that you had vaulted David into Legend status after the Jasper,Tyner and state games last year! LOL.Things are looking very good from this vantage point for all the Pirates this season.Many more chapters to be written.

I have no doubt that he is the best back , and maybe the best athlete . The only thing that worries me is Marco Daily was the same thing for MPT. and I would say if you ask Jones, it won't mean anything without a Win at the boro. I just want the 2nd title, I guess it is just selfishness.

I have no doubt that he is the best back , and maybe the best athlete . The only thing that worries me is Marco Daily was the same thing for MPT. and I would say if you ask Jones, it won't mean anything without a Win at the boro. I just want the 2nd title, I guess it is just selfishness.

Difference is Dailey was about the only weapon. Besides David we have several threats in the backfield and 3 or 4 more recieving. David certainly makes us better but it is by no means a one man show. David is also an effective blocker when another back is running the ball

David is a TEAM player and that alone make's him good. I know his Dad also and believe me folk's,he wouldn't be playing football if his heart wasn't in the right place and his grades.

I agree Sportman, David has all the tools....this year will truly show what this young man is made of!! Just hope he is wearing the BIG ORANGE after this year!!! Sorry Zone!!

I agree Sportman, David has all the tools....this year will truly show what this young man is made of!! Just hope he is wearing the BIG ORANGE after this year!!! Sorry Zone!!

There should be several scouts on hand Aug.29.But the bulk will come after Sept.1st.That's when contact can be made in earnest.

Not only one of the greatest players that has put on the orange and black,but also an outstanding person who just happens to have that drive to play the game of football. Thank GOD we have him Pirate faithful.....

Having done my homework that is high praise.Hopefully David can live up to some the praise and help this great team back to glory again.Some ghosts of SP"s past,Greer,Lerh,Griffth,Pitts,Chubb,Tipton,Mitchell,AJandChris Jones.These are some the names not all but some of the names that have made SP known for great backs.Not to mention Wigfall,Moore,Pickett,Robinson,Haden.What tradition.Alot to live up to for sure.