David Jones, SP's RB turning Heads

OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate agrees with you TA. David as far as OP knows has not been a "I" player. Now, wanting to break records is a common goal or a least it should be. Playing in the same backfield with RR, it would be a natural thing for him to want to surpass the record. OP personally thinks DJ is a better wing than fullback. But heck that'll tick some folks off too. This is an old timer who has seen many teams falter when the "ME" comes to bite. Take back in 64, a team loaded with probably the best group of players that the school had ever had and that fatal ME parasite ruined their team.

Don't know about 46on2 being on target here.

OP will make some more folks mad, but here goes. OP doesn't think it is wise for a player to do a lot of boasting or their family either. Heck, if a player is great folks will do enough bragging for everyone. OP will be the first to predict some may quite possably go elsewhere so they can be the man. Just call up the QB club folks and perhaps they can help finance the moving van. It has happened already this year with one player and it's likely to happen again in the future. Like you said TA, them there rings should be the most important thing on anyone minds, but we all know it's not.

Not any bragging coming from family here OP.Just stating facts.He has worked for everything that is coming his way.I will not stand idly by and let him nor any other Pirate be bashed for no good reason.And by the way.David's more of a tail than a fullback.I hope that Josh Blake gets back 100%.And gets a chance at playing again somewhere next season.And to the Stewart family of SP you will be in our prayers and thoughts.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not any bragging coming from family here OP.Just stating facts.He has worked for everything that is coming his way.I will not stand idly by and let him nor any other Pirate be bashed for no good reason.And by the way.David's more of a tail than a fullback.I hope that Josh Blake gets back 100%.And gets a chance at playing again somewhere next season.And to the Stewart family of SP you will be in our prayers and thoughts.

Bashed...Old Pirate has not bashed any player and David's work on the field and in the class room is impressive.Hope the Pirates can catch fire and step their play up now that it's playoff time. It's gonna take the whole team to make history.

You should brag about him. That boy is a Hoss-Daddy! I look for big things out of him the rest of this season. I just hope it lasts until December and ends in The Buro. Only time will tell I guess.

No that was reserved for 46on2.

Bashed...Old Pirate has not bashed any player and David's work on the field and in the class room is impressive.Hope the Pirates can catch fire and step their play up now that it's playoff time. It's gonna take the whole team to make history.

Pertaining to 46on2's post.

There are a lot of very fast and talented backs in 1A. but if they aren't big they won't last very long. they need to weigh at least 180. that has been my experience at least. i play college ball and played at jo byrns. so i know about coming from a 1A powerhouse and going on to the next level. speed is the biggest difference though. if he is fast then he will do well. but size determines longevity.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to David and I hope the new UT coach keeps his word and tries hard to keep the TN talent at home. Goodluck again David and mayGod Bless You in your life

Thanks for always being a classy poster sportman. And to the true loyal fans of SP.You are the best in the world.And the Tampa 2 defense might not too bad of a deal on The Hill!

Congrats to a fine young man winning this award. It is about time someone from South Pittsburg brought home one of these trophys. It seems like every year they get passed over. I hope he gets to go the the college of his choice. I guess this kind of puts and end offically to any type of SP football this season. Boss, hopefully you won't become a stranger on the boards now that he is moving on to the college ranks. D. Jones helped SP reach the pinnacle in 2007 and hopefully SP can make a return trip in 2009.

Congrats to David on winning Mr.Football 1A he is a great talent and most deserving of the award.By far the most explosive back Ol Creekbank has seen in a long time.I wish David a great future and hope all of his goals are fufilled. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bump