CAK - Catholic

uniden

2005 (Catholic was in DII)

Reg. Season - CAK (1) - Catholic (0) - First goal for B. Tarr

Reg. Season - CAK (0) - Catholic (0) - Only boring game in the entire series

District Championship - Catholic (2) - CAK (0)

Region Championship - CAK (2) - Catholic (1)

State Championship - CAK (1) - Catholic (0)

Reg. Season - Catholic (1) - CAK (0)

District Championship - Catholic (1) - CAK (1) - Catholic wins on PK's

Region Championship - Catholic (1) - CAK (0)

Reg. Season - Catholic (3) - CAK (2)

District Championship - Catholic (3) - CAK (0)

Region Championship ???

Head to head:

Catholic 5 wins

CAK 3 wins

and 2 ties (including pk game)

State Championships:

CAK seniors (3) - Catholic Seniors (0)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2005 (Catholic was in DII)

Reg. Season - CAK (1) - Catholic (0) - First goal for B. Tarr

Reg. Season - CAK (0) - Catholic (0) - Only boring game in the entire series

District Championship - Catholic (2) - CAK (0)

Region Championship - CAK (2) - Catholic (1)

State Championship - CAK (1) - Catholic (0)

Reg. Season - Catholic (1) - CAK (0)

District Championship - Catholic (1) - CAK (1) - Catholic wins on PK's

Region Championship - Catholic (1) - CAK (0)

Reg. Season - Catholic (3) - CAK (2)

District Championship - Catholic (3) - CAK (0)

Region Championship ???

Head to head:

Catholic 5 wins

CAK 3 wins

and 2 ties (including pk game)

State Championships:

CAK seniors (3) - Catholic Seniors (0)

I am curious why if both CAK and Catholic were division II 4 years ago why not now?

4 years ago they could recruit and not now? They could not compete on that level? What is the deal why the change? Since the change CAK has one state every time (I am not sure)?

I saw Catholic play last night and I have seen Farragut, Bearden, Oakridge, and West and Catholic is right there with them it would be a 1 goal game in all of them. I mean Catholic has a team that could compete for the state tournament in AAA, but they are in AAA, just doesn't seem fair to all the small schools (but life ain't fair).

I am not trying to take anything away from them I mean the last 5 years it was CAK in the same position, but I am very impressed with Catholic they might be one of the best teams I have seen around Knoxville in a while. I just think they should not compete at the level they do, and I mean maybe 5 schools in AAA can compete with them and give them a game, but I will admit it is a lot better than watching the Brandon Tarr show!

CAK was never in DII. Catholic has never recruited soccer players.

Can we discuss the kids for once and not the classification issues?

i was thinking the first line up top said that the teams were DIV II in 2005 I apologize that is what i get for not paying attention

I am curious why if both CAK and Catholic were division II 4 years ago why not now?

4 years ago they could recruit and not now? They could not compete on that level? What is the deal why the change? Since the change CAK has one state every time (I am not sure)?

I saw Catholic play last night and I have seen Farragut, Bearden, Oakridge, and West and Catholic is right there with them it would be a 1 goal game in all of them. I mean Catholic has a team that could compete for the state tournament in AAA, but they are in AAA, just doesn't seem fair to all the small schools (but life ain't fair).

I am not trying to take anything away from them I mean the last 5 years it was CAK in the same position, but I am very impressed with Catholic they might be one of the best teams I have seen around Knoxville in a while. I just think they should not compete at the level they do, and I mean maybe 5 schools in AAA can compete with them and give them a game, but I will admit it is a lot better than watching the Brandon Tarr show!

I guess what frustrates me the most (besides the fact that you bring this up more often than not) is that your information is incorrect. CAK has never been DII. Ever. We played in D1 for years (even when there was no classification of A/AA and we were with Farragut and Bearden!). We have since developed a good program(over a span of 20 years!), and are very fortunate to have done so. Catholic is the same way. We have a group of young men who started in year-round youth soccer at age 8. Those investments tend to pay off. They are at this point for both squads.

You could say the same thing about Alcoa football, while you are at it. They could play up, but they don't. Why? Because that is the division that the TSSAA put them in. Are they going to give any less than they have? Absolutely not.

If you think that public A/AA teams can't "hang" with us, talk to Alcoa. They gave us 110 minutes of a nail biting, back and forth action packed game. What a great team. To say that we are "down" this year does them an insult. They have worked incredibly hard to be where they are. My hats off to them and to their program.

I'll leave the "Brandon Tarr show" comment alone. That speaks for itself.

uniden.....not to start an arguement, but you best not write a statement like Catholic has NEVER recruited soccer players. Have you ever seen a minnow can? That is kinda of similar to your statement.....when you pull it up, it doesn't hold water. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Just enjoy your prosperity.....it's not like something stands in the way of the Irish attaining the hardware. (except possibly CAK) I heard Seymour and Alcoa were both very good teams and as always (no matter how great the coaches are) they are done. You can continue to spin it however you want, but the proof is in the pudding.

Kaz

uniden.....not to start an arguement, but you best not write a statement like Catholic has NEVER recruited soccer players. Have you ever seen a minnow can? That is kinda of similar to your statement.....when you pull it up, it doesn't hold water. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Just enjoy your prosperity.....it's not like something stands in the way of the Irish attaining the hardware. (except possibly CAK) I heard Seymour and Alcoa were both very good teams and as always (no matter how great the coaches are) they are done. You can continue to spin it however you want, but the proof is in the pudding.

Kaz

Gentlemen, let's not get into accusations of recruiting or other violations on the public forum. I don't think this is the place. If there are things going on, please have your AD report them to the TSSAA and handle things the proper way. If we continue down this path, it will only get ugly, and get the thread shut down or deleted.

How about getting back on topic?

The rain forcast is very poor, but the game HAS to be played on Thursday (possibly another midnight game in the mix?) because on Friday, Catholic has graduation (although I talked to Catholics coach and said that I didn't mind playing on Friday even if he was missing his seniors... he didn't go for that though! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ).

Should be a good (though wet) game. Hopefully we will be able to play the guys who were injured the last time we faced. I know that neither team wants to travel on Saturday.

Aren't schools placed in Divisions by TSSAA by size of school. I think that's how it works. A school can't just request to move up, high schools are not universities. Most high schools go through some highs and lows. For the past few years it's been Farragut and Beardon, CAK and Catholic, etc....Eventually, there are rebuilding years. Just the way it is. To throw recruiting in the mix is a cheap shot. Just because one private school did it in Nashville and got caught, doesn't mean all private schools do it.

I'll pick CAK. Is Brandon back playing?

I'll pick CAK. Is Brandon back playing?

Yes. Wait, no. Wait, yes. Oh, then again, no. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Gotta have fun with it!

Honestly, don't know. He isn't at 100% (which even at 10% is 90% more than my 100% /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ) so we're not sure at this point.

Yes. Wait, no. Wait, yes. Oh, then again, no. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Gotta have fun with it!

Honestly, don't know. He isn't at 100% (which even at 10% is 90% more than my 100% /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ) so we're not sure at this point.

Tell him Ron Burgundy said to s_ck it up and get out there and play.