West vs Oak Ridge

lchalfback

How does a bigger feild help a team who plays as individuals? they won't be able to build attacks if the OR D shows up to play. OR plays a much better team game and has the speed to keep up with West. Sorry but OR has the advantage on this game. Plus i've never watched a team watch the ball get taken and give up so easily.

West lasyiness hurts them on such a big feild..... they didn't even want to move on a tiny farragut feild and they will get ate up on a bigger feild..... i promise.... unless they play a COMPLETELY different game then they did against farragut, this feild advantage goes to a team not individuals......

UC -- interesting observations. You seem to know what you're talking about.

I was thinking the big field would give the highly skilled West players more space to operate.

Your point on the other topic was, I think, that West lacks fitness, if I'm not mistaken.

That's also an interesting observation. Plausible, I think.

We'll see who's right pretty soon.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does a bigger feild help a team who plays as individuals? they won't be able to build attacks if the OR D shows up to play. OR plays a much better team game and has the speed to keep up with West. Sorry but OR has the advantage on this game. Plus i've never watched a team watch the ball get taken and give up so easily.

West lasyiness hurts them on such a big feild..... they didn't even want to move on a tiny farragut feild and they will get ate up on a bigger feild..... i promise.... unless they play a COMPLETELY different game then they did against farragut, this feild advantage goes to a team not individuals......

well you seem to think you know what you are talking about but i gurantee that west plays the same way that they did against farragut. They did the first time they played at OR and won two-zero we will see

I admit that i was quick to judge where as i said that was the only west game i saw all year and farragut as well. Both farragut and west seat back alot in the last 20 min of regulation and i saw no midfeild play during this time. Nethier team wanted to posses. There was 40 yards of open space where only one player on the feild was standing and it was the middle. Both teams played long balls to the other team. with the exseption of a few passes to the outside for farragut. To much defence for what i thought was suppose to be offinsive teams. May i say though that BOTH overtime goals by west were BEAUTIFUL and i loved every moment of it. i was pulling for west and i thought they deserved those goals. The thing that upset me the most was the first touch by both teams.... it was aweful. with better first touches this game would have been better. the ball was bouncing around the feild like a pingpong ball. No control. NOW remember, i only watched that last 20 min of regulation and overtimes. i think these were the most important parts of the game. Possesion and first touch could have been better before i got there but i don't know.

for the movement comment i just thought that west did not move off the ball. period... what parts of the game i saw every west player was standing untill the ball moved. not the defenders though. they marked and did there job VERY well. i was HIGHLY impressed with #3. what year is he? oh and tell micheal williams that he did an excellent job. he is a talented player. he went to brazil with us two years ago..... i look forward to seeing how this kid turns out..

Now as for you guys playing as individuals. Never said that was a bad thing just said that home feild advantage goes to oak ridge. I've watched them twice so i have had a better time to see how they play. one of those games being the beating of my beavers in the semi's. Apparently you over came my judgements and won... congrads. Keep on winning and trust me i understand that fatigue can come easily at this point of the season.

If i have offended you just remember that i only made those judgements as they were my opionion and some were based on watching you only once. by the way how did the game go? i never heard an assisment....

oh another thing winner. my opionon means nothing. i never played in a region finals and you my friend have won one. Don't let it go to your head but enjoy it..... Cause you can win state and that is much swetter

For an assessment UC, The game was played pretty much on OR's half the entire first period. Diego went out about 10 minutes into the game with some kind of injury. West squandered a couple chances early to keep it tied up at halftime. In the second half West let OR get into their half more then the previous half. Good defense by West and a couple good saves by the keep helped keep it knotted up. Then Cody drove in shot and Tanner got the rebound and knocked it in. About a few minutes later Kenley(#12) got a nice send and broke away to beat the keeper and OR was done after that.