Soddy Daisy at Coffee

sdfan1234

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both are good programs. Soddy just has had the more impressive schedule through the year. While Coffee has played a few good teams along the way they did not consistantly but their athletes to the test of stepping up to the next level of competition.

Soddy has the complete package this year. Right now they are playing their A game. They are mentally capable of overcoming issues on the field and taking care of each task at hand. I am impressed with the "unity" they appear to have as a team on the field. There is alot to be learned for most high school coaches, they could get a few skills from Soddy Coaching Staff and their way of treating the ladies with respect and positve outlook, they also have the ability to motivate each player to the next step the level that each player feels they are an important aspect of the teams success and future. Great job this year Soddy team and coaching staff. Alot of pride here.

Coffee County has a solid pitcher. Some solid offense. But if Soddy gets the bat on the ball Coffee's defense could possibly be where the deference is made. Coffee has good defenders thats a fact they just have not been given as many opportunites through the year to push themselves to step up their personal game and their game as a team. I look for Soddy to bunt when Coffee expects hits, and hit when they expect bunts.

This game will not be a blow out unless the wheels fall off at Coffee County. I look for a good game where both teams can walk away feeling well about their programs but Soddy will be the one that I think prevails.

Good luck to both these programs - either way they should be proud of these young ladies.

Lawrence County has played Coffee County 4 times this year and I would have to say that they are playing as well as any team in the state at this time. I think I'm right in saying that they have won 18 in a row and have not lost since winning their tournament. Good luck Coffee County I hope you and Lawrence County do well in the sub-state.

Soddy is very very young. Clifford seems to have a "knack" for getting his girls ready to go to the state tournament. The girls are swinging the bat and hitting the ball the best they have all year, they just cant get any luck. A bad bad strike here and there a a line drive off the pitchers leg that goes right to the first baseman for out 3. You name it its happened over the last 3 weeks, especially against ooltewah, in games that have been decided by fluke plays bad officiating(for both sides) and errors. Soddy HAS TO MOVE RUNNERS. they can not continue to have runners on with no outs and not be able to put a bunt down or at least chop something in the dirt. Alisha is on her a game defense has to step up and not take any plays off. Im hoping for a good game and hpoefully, the field will be dried up and ready to go.

Coffee County has been using 2 pitchers the freshman seems to get the job done better and a heck of a hitter! Both throw a lot of outside pitches. Seems to be CC's "thing".

Good Luck to both 8AAA teams at State!! Should be fun to watch

Freshman pitcher is a great pitcher but the Junior pitcher has gotten them where they are today. The freshman has really stepped up her pitching in the last few games and been able to help our lead pitcher when needed. Swan who is the junior pitcher also plays first base and is one heck of a defensive player who also comes through consistently with the bat. Both pitchers are doing extremely well and have had lots of RBI's and great hits. Best of luck to the lady raiders and congratulations on a great season!!! Next year they will most certainly be hard to beat!!

So Swann IS your dtr (we thought so!!) Gave yourself away some posts back) CC will be the team to beat and has been for some years. Good Luck to both teams and all of District 7AAA & 8AAA in the future

HA thats funny...what several ppl have said...but just bragging on the CC girls...and ya i am a Swan fan but freshman pitcher is awesome too and one heck of a hitter!

sure, ok

I could care less what you or anyone else thinks for that matter, however i didnt mean for ppl to assume Swan should get credit for their season. All the girls have stepped up and have come together as a team to do what they need to do. Some of the best offense and especially defense ever!! i was only responding in the matter of their pitching season. There is a reason Floyd puts both girls on the field at the same time...they both are excellent pitchers and hitters and he is smart enough to know they will help their team score runs. McCormick, Keele, Davis, Downs and others have been ripping the ball and that is what takes!!

Soddy doesnt stand a chance at winning against Coffee County when playing at Coffee County. If Mt. Juliet cant even win there Soddy most certainly wont. There is too much of a home field advantage. Just my opinion.

If I'm not mistaken Soddy is the 2 time defending champions..... Until someone takes them off the throne, I'd say they go into any enviroment and win.....