Soddy Daisy at Coffee

sdfan1234

another thing, home field in softball is about as good as home field in college basketball. There's not a whole lot of emphasis on it and i really don't think the girls care, there are hardly ever any true upsets in softball. 95% of the time the best team is gonna win, no matter where the game is played.

This actually has nothing to do with home field advantage, actually it goes against it .... but it also goes against the true upset comment you made .... I believe Lawrence County beating Riverdale goes into that classification. I'm not too sure that Coffee County beating Soddy Daisy in this game would be an upset, nor would I see it as an upset the other way around. Two pretty evenly matched teams this season. Soddy is always good, Coffee County always pretty good, although can't seem to get over the state tournament hump. Coffee County has won 18 games in a row dating back to April 15.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so fast, 9AAA is a pretty stout district. I think the reason people root against SD has nothing to do with how good they are....................

The road to state always rolls through chattanooga the district soddy is in is tough but soddy plays every high powered team in chattanooga(which there is one on every corner), so the level of competition isn't as great in the mid state besides your obvious teams. Go and take a look at the mid states track record against chatt teams in AAA its not so good. If soddy is to win tomorrow then there could possibly be another state title game with two teams from the same district( soddy and ooltewah). Soddy has been 6 of the last 8 championship games i beleive including 4 in a row. i just don't think anyone plays the quality competition that soddy or ooltewah plays on a year after yea basis and it shows.

This actually has nothing to do with home field advantage, actually it goes against it .... but it also goes against the true upset comment you made .... I believe Lawrence County beating Riverdale goes into that classification. I'm not too sure that Coffee County beating Soddy Daisy in this game would be an upset, nor would I see it as an upset the other way around. Two pretty evenly matched teams this season. Soddy is always good, Coffee County always pretty good, although can't seem to get over the state tournament hump. Coffee County has won 18 games in a row dating back to April 15.

i wasn't referring to coffee winning as an upset. If you make it to sectionals you played your way there and deserve it. There is no doubt they arent a fluke. my apologies for that misunderstanding

i wasn't referring to coffee winning as an upset. If you make it to sectionals you played your way there and deserve it. There is no doubt they arent a fluke. my apologies for that misunderstanding

No apology necessary, no misunderstanding here. I understood what you were saying. I was just stating that Lawrence County beating Riverdale is a true upset - and that was actually on the road. I was also stating that I don't think either team winning (CC or SD) can be classified as an upset.

Freshman pitcher is a great pitcher but the Junior pitcher has gotten them where they are today. The freshman has really stepped up her pitching in the last few games and been able to help our lead pitcher when needed. Swan who is the junior pitcher also plays first base and is one heck of a defensive player who also comes through consistently with the bat. Both pitchers are doing extremely well and have had lots of RBI's and great hits. Best of luck to the lady raiders and congratulations on a great season!!! Next year they will most certainly be hard to beat!!

Good post. There as been several upperclassmen show leadership on this team. The girls are playing well together. Good luck lady raiders! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

No, we didn't make it last year. We do however have 3 state championships in softball. That's 3 more than Coffee Co. and Riverdale combined. If we are lucky we may win another one this year. The difference between Ooltewah and Coffee and Riverdale, (not to mention the 3 titles), is that we don't get on here and talk and talk and talk about how great we are. Put up or shut up!

No, we didn't make it last year. We do however have 3 state championships in softball. That's 3 more than Coffee Co. and Riverdale combined. If we are lucky we may win another one this year. The difference between Ooltewah and Coffee and Riverdale, (not to mention the 3 titles), is that we don't get on here and talk and talk and talk about how great we are. Put up or shut up!

Who exactly is talking about how great Coffee County is? Besides the, "We are playing great", "Good luck Lady Raiders" type of posts?

Okay, Mr. Ooltewah , critic of all people, players, teams outside of Chattanooga and within, explain in great detail just what your school did last year to enable you to talk down to these folks?

We didn't do anything LAST year. I'm more concerned with THIS year.

Who exactly is talking about how great Coffee County is? Besides the, "We are playing great", "Good luck Lady Raiders" type of posts?

Soddy Daisy is going to run you off your own field.