why did the northeast topic get closed

navygold11

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they interview Phillip Fulmer tomorrow, and Jeff Fisher on Wednesday. Word is neither are highly qualified to teach and coach at this power house program! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Has anybody asked the Principal what their qualification is to hire ANY type of Coach? For that matter has the Principal EVER been associated with ANY sports programs? I don't count choir and debate as sports!

Thats just it no one involved in the whole decission process has ever put on a football helmet before. The principal and A.D. and the head A.D. have never played nor been associated with a football program before. Gee I bet noone would have ever guessed that.

I talked to a NE Adminstrator last night during dinner and it was stated that the Adminstration as a whole would like to have a coach who would be able to teach in the school. This has been the biggest set back because NE needs only one or two positions filled for the upcoming school year.

CoachwhoKnows

that is crap, what was their excuse when they had a finalist in Feb, and told him there was not a position available. when in fact it was posted in May! then they told another finalist that they did not have his position that was also posted in May! Lastly they told a gentleman from Marshall County that he was not qualified, but he teaches Math. that position was posted in May also. plus what are they doing with the position watkins held. he was moved to business leaving a position open, but i guess that is being held for a qualified coach.

coachwhoknows, answer this! Why is there a coach that has applied 5 times, teaches a Burt, and has never received a phone call back? Mr. Kendrick would be a good coach, but why have they not called him back after he has left phone calls and emails? I know of three others from the metro area that also have yet to receive calls. This administration needs to discuss the situation and not lie to one another on a daily basis.

So with your vast knowledge coachwhoknows, what is the hold up now? Don't defend the administration about teaching positions when they have had positions available. This whole situation is a load of crap!

With all due respect I have never claimed and never will claim to have a vast knowledge of the happenings with Northeast and there football program. Nor do I really care. However, I thought it would be prudent and beneficial in some way to mention that I ran into a family friend who is a member of the administration at Northeast. I asked if the administration was close to announcing a coach. The response I was given is what I stated earlier, that there were problems finding a coach that would be able to work in the school.

CoachwhoKnows

I have friends that work in that building, and one of the former finalist was a close friend. He decided that metro is a better place to stay after being lied to by the administration. They told our boys they were close in Feb, March, April, May, and now it is June. The booster club was promised that a head coach would be named by Spring practice, and our boys were let down. Then our booster club was told the new head coach would be named by the end of May, but he was smart and stayed with Springfield. So what is the issue at hand? We need a highly qualified educator to teach in the building, but from what I understand from a metro coach is that Northwest was 9-3 under a coach that did not teach in the school. Montgomery Central has Ricky Ray that is not even a teacher in the school, and Independence has a head coach that teaches at the middle school. So please think what are the facts: administration that has screwed up, an AD that thought she knew what she was doing, and now a program being ran by para professionals that condition all practice, and have no knowledge of schemes and how to run a program. Our boys will have a tough year.

I have friends that work in that building, and one of the former finalist was a close friend. He decided that metro is a better place to stay after being lied to by the administration. They told our boys they were close in Feb, March, April, May, and now it is June. The booster club was promised that a head coach would be named by Spring practice, and our boys were let down. Then our booster club was told the new head coach would be named by the end of May, but he was smart and stayed with Springfield. So what is the issue at hand? We need a highly qualified educator to teach in the building, but from what I understand from a metro coach is that Northwest was 9-3 under a coach that did not teach in the school. Montgomery Central has Ricky Ray that is not even a teacher in the school, and Independence has a head coach that teaches at the middle school. So please think what are the facts: administration that has screwed up, an AD that thought she knew what she was doing, and now a program being ran by para professionals that condition all practice, and have no knowledge of schemes and how to run a program. Our boys will have a tough year.

Sounds to me like you should be proud of these "para-professionals".... at least someone in the school has enough common sense to get the kids into a conditioning program instead of letting them hang around in limbo until a coach is named. There is no sense implementing schemes if there is a possibility that a new coach will hire all new assistant coaches. It's pointless to spend all spring learning and perfecting a scheme only to have the new coach come in and completely change everything... on the flip side... you can never be in too good of condition! The kids and the "para-professionals" can't help the fact that a new coach has not been named and it sounds as if they are doing the best they can to stay fit. I'm sure the new coach will appreciate the fact that someone at least kept a conditioning program going..... You have to look at the positives in bad situations.... can't be negative ALL the time! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Some one will be hired, and they boys are working hard from what they tell me.

Northeast does have a highly qualified individual in the building, and his name is Clay Welch. I believe this is the best man for the position. Having coached at Northeast for 9 years, he was told that he was not ready to be a head coach. So why, and what was the hold up?

Hire the man, and he will do a good job!