Class A State Tournament

Sandlot08

Well the brackets are out and I'm sure there will be much discussion. Tuesday's first round pairings are as follows.

Game 1 North Greene vs. Cornersville 5 PM

Game 2 Whitwell vs. Trinity Christian (following game 1)

Game 3 Huntingdon vs. Forrest 5 PM

Game 4 Midway vs. Friednship Christian (following game 3)

Cornersville should win the first game, and Friendship should win their game. I think the middle two games should be good games as well. Everyone knows about Rutledge, the Renfroes, and Stinett, but I would definitely keep an eye on Brooke Thomas for Huntingdon. I think the game between Forrest and Huntingdon will be a very good game.

Glad to see the two favorites(Trinity and Friendship) don't match up early. Also glad to see they didn't pair up the two Marshall county teams(Forrest and Cornersville). Seems like the competition gets better every year. Trinity and Friendship may be the two to beat. However, Forrest has proved they belong and I think Huntingdon, Whitwell, and Cornersville could all make some noise as well.

Can someone get in touch with the coach from Trinity Christian Academy and let them know they need to submit their team roster to the TSSAA office immediately? They will be left out of the program if TSSAA does not receive their roster by Sunday at 12:00 PM CST. The roster can be faxed to (615) 889-0544 or e-mailed to tssaa@tssaa.org.

Glad to see the two favorites(Trinity and Friendship) don't match up early. Also glad to see they didn't pair up the two Marshall county teams(Forrest and Cornersville). Seems like the competition gets better every year. Trinity and Friendship may be the two to beat. However, Forrest has proved they belong and I think Huntingdon, Whitwell, and Cornersville could all make some noise as well.

Me too. It was a shame they paired them up in the first round last year. Go FCS