Class A state

Took

bmoy......The Voice Of The Eagles

I'm gonna give credit where credit is due.

You are the man!!!!

You do it up right.....

Numero uno in homerun calls.

#1 in double play calls.

Stands alone in in trivia questions.

Best sound effects.

By far best music in the country.

Best concession stand infomercials

Best player intro and walk up music

As a member of The National Honor Society....voted most intelligent gameday announcer.

#1 in school spirit

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO EAGLES!!!!!

Thank you so much. The compliments really mean a lot to me! I try very hard to make it special for the team. It's about them, not me.

The Voice of the Eagles

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lets just say this yes kids can come from places all around the town of jackson. The thing here is we are not a huge town JCS has to share students with 2 other private schools in jackson and with 4 public and just to really break it down for you.

Blake Taylor- JCS since 1st or 2nd grade

Noah Chandler- JCS since Kindergarten

Chase Presley- since sopomore year in highschool

Martin Key- since freshman year

Phillip McConkey- since elementary

Josh Lindsey- Junior year

Patrick Taggart- 6th grade

Ryan White- Kindergarten

Hunter Creasy-elementry

Tanner Perkins- kindergarten

now of these starters every single one lives in Jackson,TN

all but one was born in Jackson,TN

and to break it down a little more

24 players live in Jackson, TN with about 98% being born there

2 players live in Lexington,TN

so before you go on that little tirade you should check into it

Thank you and good day

Thank you for proving my point! You said "Well lets just say this yes kids can come from places all around the town of jackson." Have you ever been to Rockwood? Harriman? Coalfield? According to the US Census Bureau Jackson has over 61,000 people living there! Rockwood has 5,774! You have 3 private schools and 4 public schools, Rockwod has ONE school period. Anybody with half a brain can see that if you have a talent pool of over 61.000 to draw from and your opponent has a pool of less than 6,000 then you have a MAJOR advantage!!! And the number of schools in the town doesnt diminish that fact, because private schools arent zoned! Any kid that wants to come there can and there is nothing to stop them....they have total choice. Rockwood is a public school and can only draw from those kids zoned for the Rockwood High School. The same is true for their next door neighbor Harriman. Harriman has 6744 according to the census bureau. So if you combined the two towns of Rockwood and Harriman, you would basically have 12,518 kids to choose from.....which is still over 48,000 less kids to choose from!!!! DO THE MATH. Privates have an advantage that Publics cant overcome very often. And if you want to compare kids......

Beau Mayton - since birth

Zach Breazeale - since birth

Colden Cooper - since birth

Bryant Allen - since birth

Shane Doughty - since birth

Zach Duncan- since birth

Curt Boston - since birth

Tyler Skidmore - since birth

Chase Clem - since birth

Matt Hill - since birth

Taylor Treadway - since birth

Cody Wampler - since birth

Brandon Green - since birth

Now break it down, 100% of Rockwoods starters are rockwood kids, no transfers that came in from out of town! Thank you for adding credence to my "tirade". /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I dont have a Harriman source but I imagine they could supply similar results. Thats where the private school crowd misses the boat....they dont understand that having the ability to reach anywhere is such a HUGE advantage. But it is! Imagine how good Rockwood could be if they could go to Harriman and pull in some of their best players or vice versa. Public schools cant do that, privates can.

There are many talented teams in this tourney this year. i was looking at the win/loss rankings and all exept one team is in the top 7 in the state. But the two teams i see competing in the championship game is richland and summertown. Richland has everything to lose after this year losing 11 seniors. While Summertown is anly losing 4, their ace pitcher is a senior. I see Summertown winning the whole tourny in 4 games with explosive bats, timely hitting, and making the necessary plays defensivly and pitching to get the job done.

richland might be losing 11 seniors but they have enough on the bench that could probably make another run next year they got parsons,and malone coming back. coming up they got clay hughes who could probably be starting,and a host of other player's that were on the 13 and 15 year old state champion babe ruth teams. so they are going to be pretty solid the next few years.

Thank you for proving my point! You said "Well lets just say this yes kids can come from places all around the town of jackson." Have you ever been to Rockwood? Harriman? Coalfield? According to the US Census Bureau Jackson has over 61,000 people living there! Rockwood has 5,774! You have 3 private schools and 4 public schools, Rockwod has ONE school period. Anybody with half a brain can see that if you have a talent pool of over 61.000 to draw from and your opponent has a pool of less than 6,000 then you have a MAJOR advantage!!! And the number of schools in the town doesnt diminish that fact, because private schools arent zoned! Any kid that wants to come there can and there is nothing to stop them....they have total choice. Rockwood is a public school and can only draw from those kids zoned for the Rockwood High School. The same is true for their next door neighbor Harriman. Harriman has 6744 according to the census bureau. So if you combined the two towns of Rockwood and Harriman, you would basically have 12,518 kids to choose from.....which is still over 48,000 less kids to choose from!!!! DO THE MATH. Privates have an advantage that Publics cant overcome very often. And if you want to compare kids......

Beau Mayton - since birth

Zach Breazeale - since birth

Colden Cooper - since birth

Bryant Allen - since birth

Shane Doughty - since birth

Zach Duncan- since birth

Curt Boston - since birth

Tyler Skidmore - since birth

Chase Clem - since birth

Matt Hill - since birth

Taylor Treadway - since birth

Cody Wampler - since birth

Brandon Green - since birth

Now break it down, 100% of Rockwoods starters are rockwood kids, no transfers that came in from out of town! Thank you for adding credence to my "tirade". /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I dont have a Harriman source but I imagine they could supply similar results. Thats where the private school crowd misses the boat....they dont understand that having the ability to reach anywhere is such a HUGE advantage. But it is! Imagine how good Rockwood could be if they could go to Harriman and pull in some of their best players or vice versa. Public schools cant do that, privates can.

I was just cruising coacht and caught this discussion. It must be great to live in a nice small community with good safe public schools, low crime rates, a feeling of closeness as a community? Unfortunately, in Jackson this is not the case. The public schools here are to say the least not up to par. So, we decide to send our kids to private schools where they have a chance at a decent education. Our main objective is not to develop power house sports programs, but fortunately that does occasionally happen - not b/c of recruiting kids from all over,big bucks, or any other advantage that public schools don't have. It happens b/c of hard work and dedication by a group of great kids and parents who are trying to achieve something similar to the environment people like you have been blessed with - and yours is free!! Amen. Good luck grizman and the Eagles from your friends at USJ

I was just cruising coacht and caught this discussion. It must be great to live in a nice small community with good safe public schools, low crime rates, a feeling of closeness as a community? Unfortunately, in Jackson this is not the case. The public schools here are to say the least not up to par. So, we decide to send our kids to private schools where they have a chance at a decent education. Our main objective is not to develop power house sports programs, but fortunately that does occasionally happen - not b/c of recruiting kids from all over,big bucks, or any other advantage that public schools don't have. It happens b/c of hard work and dedication by a group of great kids and parents who are trying to achieve something similar to the environment people like you have been blessed with - and yours is free!! Amen. Good luck grizman and the Eagles from your friends at USJ

That is exactly my point! Private schools can get kids that public schools cant get. You pay your way to a school where you can play! And as for bad schools, crime rates, etc.....at least you have a private school to go to. There are no private schools in roane county. Rockwood and Harriman are not havens of low crime rates! At one time, Roane County had one of the highest rates per capita of unsolved murders in the nation! They have their share of druggies, rednecks, racists, dropouts and deadbeats just as ALL public schools have. The difference between ppl like you and small town citizens is that they cant afford to send their kids off to private schools! They have to take their chances in the public systems!

Also, I never mentioned the word recruiting! Why is it whenever this debate starts that private school proponents started yelling we dont recruit? I NEVER MENTIONED THE R WORD! And I dont think you recruit. No one said you did. But I am also an old travel ball coach and I know for a fact that many players that I coached over the years went to private schools because of athletics! That is a fact. I know of numerous parents that came together in travel ball and because they had the financial resources sent their kids to the same private schools in order to have good teams. I know coaches that have been offered more money than teachers are paid just to go coach at private schools! A couple actually took the offers. I also know a VERY successful high school coach (with more than one state championship on his resume) that was offered a coaching job at a local private school and a doctor there was going to pay him the same amount that the school was going to pay...basically double salary. But he had the decency to turn it down. I am not saying you guys do things like that, but I know ones that have! In east tn some of the best athletic facilities are on the campus of private schools. Lots of players that have the funds go to those schools. Public schools dont have the funds to build them.

Also, why do so many private schools win so many state championships in different sports....especially at the smaller school levels???? Is it just a freak occurence of nature? HARDLY!!! Dont play the hard work card either! Public school kids work just as hard as the privates do. What an elitist statement to make. So kids and parents at private schools are just harder workers? That takes the cake! I believe that private school parents say stupid statements like that to try to make themselves feel better because they know what a big and unfair advantage they have over the small public schools! I have noticed that the public/private debate is hardly a factor when you are talking about the larger schools. The large schools have enough kids that they can overcome the stacked talent you find on privates. So they can compete with them. Its the small schools that have an unfair disadvantage.

One more thing, dont ever play the "I am paying for what you are getting free" card!!! That is the dumbest statement ever made on coacht!!! NO ONE IS MAKING YOU PAY!! That is purely voluntary on your part!! If some one forced you to send your kids to private school then I would have sympathy for you! I didnt have the funds to send my kids or grandkids to private school so dont go bellyaching over the fact that you have to pay....its TOTALLY your choice! I thank god you have the resources to do it. Most of us dont!

The bottom line is no matter how you want to frame it, private schools have an unfair advantage over public schools! Whether its facilities, academics, coaching, or anything else. Publics arent on equal footing!

A couple of observations about the Class A tournament:

The weather forecast looks promising - warm, sunny, with low chances of rain all week. I guess that favors everyone, including TSSAA.

Also, many of the names in the brackets look familiar. State tournament experience is huge, and it looks like several have been there recently.

Good luck to every team, every player, every coach, and every parent. It's going to be a fun week.

Finally, GO JCS EAGLES. Bring it home.

A couple of observations about the Class A tournament:

The weather forecast looks promising - warm, sunny, with low chances of rain all week. I guess that favors everyone, including TSSAA.

Also, many of the names in the brackets look familiar. State tournament experience is huge, and it looks like several have been there recently.

Good luck to every team, every player, every coach, and every parent. It's going to be a fun week.

Finally, GO JCS EAGLES. Bring it home.

Best Post in a long time. Lets get back to Baseball! GO JACKETS!!!!

You really know your stuff. I never meant that East TN was absolutely terrible, but I just think that West TN is more competitve. You missed two things. 1.) JCS put up 50something runs on two east TN teams last year at state. 2.) JCS and FCA have absolutely NO competitve advantage over public schools. JCS IS a small school. Do you know how many students there are in the high school???? about 400 maybe less. there are 60 in the senior class this year. So don't say that JCS has an advantage over the small schools. They are a small school. How many starters on the JCS baseball team are from outside of the city of Jackson or county of Madison? a big fat goose egg, zip, zero, nada East TN may be better than I give them credit, but don't even start on public vs. private.The Voice of the Eagles

You really know your stuff. I never meant that East TN was absolutely terrible, but I just think that West TN is more competitve. You missed two things. 1.) JCS put up 50something runs on two east TN teams last year at state. 2.) JCS and FCA have absolutely NO competitve advantage over public schools. JCS IS a small school. Do you know how many students there are in the high school???? about 400 maybe less. there are 60 in the senior class this year. So don't say that JCS has an advantage over the small schools. They are a small school. How many starters on the JCS baseball team are from outside of the city of Jackson or county of Madison? a big fat goose egg, zip, zero, nada East TN may be better than I give them credit, but don't even start on public vs. private.The Voice of the Eagles