Must See Teams and Players in Murfreesboro

Hillbilly87

The teams and brackets are almost all set. 32 teams from across the state make their way to Murfreesboro for the State Tournament.

This is a great time to see teams and players that you do not regularly get to see. I would like to catch some of the outstanding teams and players from outside of my area while there.

From your team or area, who should we all make sure to try and watch during the week? Who are the key players? the speedsters? the homers waiting to happen? the pitchers & catchers? the outstanding defenders?

I'm not asking for predictions or scouting reports, just some good ol' fashion bragging about your girls. Talk your teams up, come on let's hear it!!!

GO BRUISERS

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The teams and brackets are almost all set. 32 teams from across the state make their way to Murfreesboro for the State Tournament.

This is a great time to see teams and players that you do not regularly get to see. I would like to catch some of the outstanding teams and players from outside of my area while there.

From your team or area, who should we all make sure to try and watch during the week? Who are the key players? the speedsters? the homers waiting to happen? the pitchers & catchers? the outstanding defenders?

I'm not asking for predictions or scouting reports, just some good ol' fashion bragging about your girls. Talk your teams up, come on let's hear it!!!

GO BRUISERS

Ivy and Ellen Renfroe from Trinity Christian Academy are 2 of the premier pitchers in high school softball. Ivy is a junior and Ellen is just a sophomore but both have already signed with the Lady Vols. Brooke Thomas from Huntingdon is a super athlete also.

GO BRUISERS

Brooke Thomas from Huntingdon. She can sling it and hit it!!

Goodpasture pitcher Devon Schmitd and shortstop Kelsey Cartwright. Love watching these girls play!!!!

Goodpasture definitely has more than just two players. Catcher Tiffany Hibbs (Jr.) is perhaps the best defensive catcher in the state, quick as a cat. OF Megan Bryant (Jr.) is KILLING the ball as is 3B Mackenzie Leding (Fr). While Schmidt and Cartwright are awesome players, this team has several................

GO BRUISERs

Devon Schmidt has quietly pitched Goodpasture to 3 state tournaments now, with 2 championships and probably 1 more on the way. Why she doesn't get more respect is beyond me! No, I'm not family or a friend, just a softball fan! Get out and watch this great pitcher next week!

Devon Schmidt has quietly pitched Goodpasture to 3 state tournaments now, with 2 championships and probably 1 more on the way. Why she doesn't get more respect is beyond me! No, I'm not family or a friend, just a softball fan! Get out and watch this great pitcher next week!

She gets a great amount of respect by all of the teams around Nashville (A, AA and AAA). Her bar is set a little higher than most younger pitchers. While 13-15 strike outs is a great feat for most pitchers........it's pretty normal for her. An off game for her is 8-10 strikeouts which does not happen very often.

I hope my post was not taken out of context.....I have ALWAYS thought Devon and Kelsey were great players and everyone SHOULD get out and watch them............... I will!

She has more TRY and want to win in her then any girl I have been around, I have been a fan since she was playing for the crusaders and beat us in the championship game . ( We had her on our team the next year) Go DEVON, Looking forward to seeing y'all Tuesday.

Goodpasture definitely has more than just two players. Catcher Tiffany Hibbs (Jr.) is perhaps the best defensive catcher in the state, quick as a cat. OF Megan Bryant (Jr.) is KILLING the ball as is 3B Mackenzie Leding (Fr). While Schmidt and Cartwright are awesome players, this team has several................

Sorry that you took my post the way that you did. I was not implying that these two fine young ladies carry this team. Goodpasture is loaded w/ talent at every position! I do not know all of the names on the teams roster, so i guess next time i wont single anyone out... better yet, ill just keep my ignorant mouth shut and wont complament anyone. Thank you very much for showing me the error of my ways.

Gibbs has one of the top pitchers in the state with Danielle Thomas. She had 0 runs scored against her in district play and less that 20 runs total for the season. She held Ooltewah to 2 runs in The Cho-Cho Classic. They have great catcher behind the plate with a great arm Suzanne Neubert and they have 4 freshman who can hold thier own. Emilee Solomon went 10-13 in the district tournament and has been on fire the last part of th season. I am putting my money on Gibbs just because Coach Mitchell has the experience and the girls have the drive and heart to win it. Coach Mitchell loaded thier schedule up with AAA and AAAA teams so they would be ready to play at the state.

Good Luck Lady Eagles!!!!!

Gibbs has one of the top pitchers in the state with Danielle Thomas. She had 0 runs scored against her in district play and less that 20 runs total for the season. She held Ooltewah to 2 runs in The Cho-Cho Classic. They have great catcher behind the plate with a great arm Suzanne Neubert and they have 4 freshman who can hold thier own. Emilee Solomon went 10-13 in the district tournament and has been on fire the last part of th season. I am putting my money on Gibbs just because Coach Mitchell has the experience and the girls have the drive and heart to win it. Coach Mitchell loaded thier schedule up with AAA and AAAA teams so they would be ready to play at the state.

Good Luck Lady Eagles!!!!!

Tennessee does have some great players. I am most impressed with those players and teams winning and putting up numbers on the AAA level. Could the schools at the AA level win it all at the AAA level? How about the A level, could these teams clean up consistantly at AAA? Could they even make it to state? I know the better teams play and may win a game here and there against a AAA team but across the board and in post season play it isnt the same. Mt Juliet didnt even make state in AAA, niether did Ravenwood or other really good AAA teams. I think I should say kuddos to those teams, players and pitchers who even make AAA state because that is a TOUGH road!!!!!!!!!!!