Must See Teams and Players in Murfreesboro

Hillbilly87

Gibbs has one of the top pitchers in the state with Danielle Thomas. She had 0 runs scored against her in district play and less that 20 runs total for the season. She held Ooltewah to 2 runs in The Cho-Cho Classic. They have great catcher behind the plate with a great arm Suzanne Neubert and they have 4 freshman who can hold thier own. Emilee Solomon went 10-13 in the district tournament and has been on fire the last part of th season. I am putting my money on Gibbs just because Coach Mitchell has the experience and the girls have the drive and heart to win it. Coach Mitchell loaded thier schedule up with AAA and AAAA teams so they would be ready to play at the state.

Good Luck Lady Eagles!!!!!

Gibbs is a fun team to watch but not to play against.....glad they are not in our division.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibbs has one of the top pitchers in the state with Danielle Thomas. She had 0 runs scored against her in district play and less that 20 runs total for the season. She held Ooltewah to 2 runs in The Cho-Cho Classic. They have great catcher behind the plate with a great arm Suzanne Neubert and they have 4 freshman who can hold thier own. Emilee Solomon went 10-13 in the district tournament and has been on fire the last part of th season. I am putting my money on Gibbs just because Coach Mitchell has the experience and the girls have the drive and heart to win it. Coach Mitchell loaded thier schedule up with AAA and AAAA teams so they would be ready to play at the state.

Good Luck Lady Eagles!!!!!

AAA and AAAA teams!?!?! Wow. Where do you find AAAA teams at????

One other comment, if two teams play in a tournament and it's the regular line-ups against each other, that can determine the stronger team at least at the time the game was played. Most won't know about it unless they see the game in person and are familar with the teams involved and their players, you can't just look at the scoreboard from some tournament, see Beech 5, Riverdale 4 (just an example) and say Beech is better.

What does that mean? Is that a score?

Not making any predictions, but a team that's new to state is Single A North Greene. They only have 1 senior and pitcher Tosha Hall, third baseman Britney Mcghee, and left fielder Sam Weems all can play. I think this team only lost to Cherokee 6-0 and they are at state in the AAA bracket. Keep ab eye on these girls especially considering 8 of them will be back next year.

I think what Indian was trying to say is... Sometimes in tournaments teams will change up their lineups to see some differant things. Therefor looking at scores from tournaments can be somewhat misleading at times because the score might not tell the whole story of what happened in that perticuler game. I think that was what he/ she was trying to say... i could be wrong, stlbrd has shown me how much of an idiot i am alreday once on this thread, hope im not wrong again!

I think what Indian was trying to say is... Sometimes in tournaments teams will change up their lineups to see some differant things. Therefor looking at scores from tournaments can be somewhat misleading at times because the score might not tell the whole story of what happened in that perticuler game. I think that was what he/ she was trying to say... i could be wrong, stlbrd has shown me how much of an idiot i am alreday once on this thread, hope im not wrong again!

Whats with the thin skin rhs013????? I read this thing and it seemed to me stlbrd was just pointing out some other good players.

Good luck to all!!!!

Whats with the thin skin rhs013????? I read this thing and it seemed to me stlbrd was just pointing out some other good players.

Good luck to all!!!!

The first line of stlbrd's post was "Goodpasture definitly has more than two players." As if to point out my ignorance that it takes more than two players to put together a team as good as Goodpastures. I am just greatful to stlbrd for showing me the light.

Yes, that's what was meant, I may not have worded it the best. If someone is familiar with each team and sees both played their best at the usual positions they can probably tell which was stronger based on the outcome. Riverdale and Beech was an example, you could have used Cherokee, East Literature, whoever.

The first line of stlbrd's post was "Goodpasture definitly has more than two players." As if to point out my ignorance that it takes more than two players to put together a team as good as Goodpastures. I am just greatful to stlbrd for showing me the light.

I was actually agreeing with you AND adding that there are other players that deserved mention. Sorry if you took it wrong, that was not my intent.........

I was actually agreeing with you AND adding that there are other players that deserved mention. Sorry if you took it wrong, that was not my intent.........

Its all good. Your girls play to their ability and it should be another fun week in the 'boro! Best of Luck!

Gibbs is a fun team to watch but not to play against.....glad they are not in our division.

They are fun to watch, The more fun they look like they are having the better they seem to play (Bad luck for others), by looking at the Knoxville News Sentinal ( www.prepxtra.com ) Website here are their

Team Stats/Comparisons

Gibbs Opponents

Runs 176 28

Hits 249 92

Errors 20 48

RBI's 157 9

Doubles 43 7

Triples 11 0

HomeRuns 12 2

with these kind of stats against other teams and a pitcher with an ERA of .36 in 137 innings this could be a fun team to watch because it looks like every player on the Field Contributes to the game, not only that, after watching their substate game I think their players in the dugout are the loudest cheering section I have heard in High School...