Oak Ridge vs Hendersonville

soccerplayer123

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge won on a beautiful free kick from distance. Hendersonville did not look prepared in the box as the kick appeared to be from behind the mid line. Two Oak Ridge players had a play on the ball. That being said this is one H'ville let get away as they had at least a half dozen shots within inches and one questionable goal taken back. Additionally the Oak Ridge goalie made a fingertip deflection on a ball to send it wide that was going in.

Congratulations Oak Ridge. I'm sure Hendersonville will look to see you this time next year.

the hendersonville goal that was called back in the 1st half was a legit goal

the ball was not over the line it was only half over but the ref muffed the call

that makes no sense. It can not be a legit goal if it only goes half way over the line. it has to go all the way over my friend. sounds like he made a good call.

that makes no sense. It can not be a legit goal if it only goes half way over the line. it has to go all the way over my friend. sounds like he made a good call.

Liverpool you are misunderstanding what happened. the ball went to the goal line between where the 6 and the 18 intersect the goal line. The HHS player lofted the ball over the ORHS GK who was near post and then HHS shot the ball completely into the goal.

Arsenal I see you are from Tullahoma. Where were you in relation to the goal line? Which side of the field were you on? I was on the opposite sideline past the half way line. From my totally poor position I had no view of the ball, but I did notice that AR1 was not on the goal line when the HHS player struck the ball, arriving at the goal line only after the goal had been scored.

Liverpool you are misunderstanding what happened. the ball went to the goal line between where the 6 and the 18 intersect the goal line. The HHS player lofted the ball over the ORHS GK who was near post and then HHS shot the ball completely into the goal.

Arsenal I see you are from Tullahoma. Where were you in relation to the goal line? Which side of the field were you on? I was on the opposite sideline past the half way line. From my totally poor position I had no view of the ball, but I did notice that AR1 was not on the goal line when the HHS player struck the ball, arriving at the goal line only after the goal had been scored.

I was actually at the corner, near the restroom pavilion and had the best look at the ball. The ball clearly did not cross the end line. The Hville player got a foot on it prior to it fully crossing. This was a legit goal that was unfortunately taken away. The ref on that side made a few questionable calls with regard to balls crossing. OR was taking the ball up and the ball, once again, did not cross the sideline in this case - only half of the ball was out and he called it out right in front of the OR bench. They challenged it through complaining but to no success obviously. Hville had several opportunities to put this game out of reach but could not do it. OR was on their heels over a majority of the game. Either way, OR got a good goal and that's all that matters in this game.

Congrats to both teams.

Wow congrads OR i can truly say earlier in the season i did not see this one coming. This team is truly impressing me more and more. did they play as a team? i bet they did. they are coming together at the right time.... be aware. Hville might have dominated but a team that gets dominated and finds a way to win can leave a bitter taste in any opponients mouth.

I do have to say that this truly makes me sick that a ref makes a miscall on what sounds to be a very nice legit goal.... REFS you have to reward the effort. hville unfortunitly there has to be a winner and it sounds like a ref influnced that decition in just a slit way and it ended your season. i understand about getting the shorter end of the stick (trust me my season was ended earlier then it should have last season due to alot of contreversy involving our conference rival and DIRTY work by a ref in TWO different games).

I wish OR luck and hope they continue to turn heads and find ways to win

I was actually at the corner, near the restroom pavilion and had the best look at the ball. The ball clearly did not cross the end line. The Hville player got a foot on it prior to it fully crossing. This was a legit goal that was unfortunately taken away. The ref on that side made a few questionable calls with regard to balls crossing. OR was taking the ball up and the ball, once again, did not cross the sideline in this case - only half of the ball was out and he called it out right in front of the OR bench. They challenged it through complaining but to no success obviously. Hville had several opportunities to put this game out of reach but could not do it. OR was on their heels over a majority of the game. Either way, OR got a good goal and that's all that matters in this game.

Congrats to both teams.

Trying to picture this goal/no goal. Broomer, you say the ball did not cross the line, but then say it was a legit goal???? Yet it has to fully cross the line to be a goal.

Ok, so ball is lofted over the goalie and is then apparently on the line. then a hville player gets a foot on it - before it fully crosses the line?? Does he go ahead and put it into the back of the net, or did it stay at the line. Was play stopped by a whistle, or was the ball then cleared? Did goalie get it? Was it pulled back or kicked out by a defender None of the descriptions really describe what happened once the ball was on the line.

oknative, the "ball that did not cross the line" the line the are talking about is the endline before the player crossed it to a player who vollyed it into the net.... does that make it clear? the ball did not go out for a goal kick, but the ref called the goal ball back because he thought it went out before the player crossed it. clear?

Trying to picture this goal/no goal. Broomer, you say the ball did not cross the line, but then say it was a legit goal???? Yet it has to fully cross the line to be a goal.

Ok, so ball is lofted over the goalie and is then apparently on the line. then a hville player gets a foot on it - before it fully crosses the line?? Does he go ahead and put it into the back of the net, or did it stay at the line. Was play stopped by a whistle, or was the ball then cleared? Did goalie get it? Was it pulled back or kicked out by a defender None of the descriptions really describe what happened once the ball was on the line.

The ball was played long down the right side of the field about 12 yards to the right side of the goal. The Hville player caught up to it and just before it crossed the end line (which would've constituted an OR goal kick) the player kicked it toward the goal, went over the goalies head and another Hville player put it completed in the goal hitting back net. The call in question was whether or not the ball first crossed the end line before the Hville player crossed it. I am absoutely positive it did not cross it. The side ref was out of position as another poster stated. He was at least 10 yards behind the ball so when the player crossed it, there would be no way he could've even seen it because the player would've blocked his view. I had a clear look at it and not even half of the ball crossed the end line.