class 1 a

smsewell

Goodpasture was cocky and arrogent because it rubbed off Coach Reece but they were still discipline and play hard. They may have been recruited but what Private school dont recruit and benefit from it? Thats just how it is in Private schools. Anyways, those were some good players and Coach Reece did wonders for the Goodpasture program. Maybe the staff there now should have been taking notes and recruiting if thats what it takes..well not even recruit just get some guys in there that like to play hard and work together..Reguardless of the players that Reece had, he still made them play hard and work together. This Goodpasture group is horrible!! The 6'10 player and some of the other forwards have nice futures and play hard but for the most part the team isnt no where near where it was.

People are talkin about Goodpasture because at one time this was a midstate powerhouse and they were beating AAA schools and winning state titles.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by TnBball:

Goodpasture was cocky and arrogent because it rubbed off Coach Reece but they were still discipline and play hard. They may have been recruited but what Private school dont recruit and benefit from it? Thats just how it is in Private schools. Anyways, those were some good players and Coach Reece did wonders for the Goodpasture program. Maybe the staff there now should have been taking notes and recruiting if thats what it takes..well not even recruit just get some guys in there that like to play hard and work together..Reguardless of the players that Reece had, he still made them play hard and work together. This Goodpasture group is horrible!! The 6'10 player and some of the other forwards have nice futures and play hard but for the most part the team isnt no where near where it was.

People are talkin about Goodpasture because at one time this was a midstate powerhouse and they were beating AAA schools and winning state titles.

Gooodpasture dropped off under Reece. You said it, they used to be a really good AA team. They went from playing AA and AAA to pretty much, a single A diet. Where they successful? Yes, but with the great teams they had (Mercer,Maddux,etc,) they still couldnt win it all in A ball. As for private school recruiting I cant speak for them all but I do know that alot of them do not. I coached at differnt ones and we had nothing to do with that in our programs. Reece was cocky but the coach there now, (Edwards) he made the word up. He is the most arrogent coach I've ever seen. I know there are some good ones out there but hes the one. I think his guys are the same way because of him. They do have some talent if they would just come together as a team.

[Edited by bigAsports on 8-27-02 2:09P]

I really dont know anything about this coach at Goodpasture now but his players sure are..Coach Reece was Cocky in his own way, I think sometimes when you've coached the caliber players that he has and had a lil success you forget about the bad times. So his EGO may have been his worse enemy, I respected him because his teams played really hard but they cheap shotted at times but nothing to really hurt players.

The Goodpasture team now isn't a team, I think its a me first type deal. I dont really know the 6'10 kid but he seems to have a better attitude than his other teammates.

Guest muddman

what do ya think collinwood basketball is gonna do this year? ya remember Jace bryant? well his brother is up here now and hes got some help down low with the strong Calton kid. And to mention they have a new coach. I see them in the top three in the district. and probably with some upsets to perry county and sante fe. ans what do ya think they gonna look the next year too since they just loosin one senior.

Posted by TnBball:

I really dont know anything about this coach at Goodpasture now but his players sure are..Coach Reece was Cocky in his own way, I think sometimes when you've coached the caliber players that he has and had a lil success you forget about the bad times. So his EGO may have been his worse enemy, I respected him because his teams played really hard but they cheap shotted at times but nothing to really hurt players.

The Goodpasture team now isn't a team, I think its a me first type deal. I dont really know the 6'10 kid but he seems to have a better attitude than his other teammates.

I agree with you. The comments made were not anything personal to Reece. The guys now are all about me first. I've also seen alot of cheap shots from them and many T's. No class!

Posted by muddman:

what do ya think collinwood basketball is gonna do this year? ya remember Jace bryant? well his brother is up here now and hes got some help down low with the strong Calton kid. And to mention they have a new coach. I see them in the top three in the district. and probably with some upsets to perry county and sante fe. ans what do ya think they gonna look the next year too since they just loosin one senior.

HEY, MUDDMAN,

THE MAJOR WITH COLLINWOOD BOYS BASKETBALL IS THEIR TOP THREE ATHLETES DO NOT EVEN PLAY. WARD AND VICTORY WOULD MAKE ANY TEAM BETTER, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE NOT PLAYED SINCE THEIR FRESHMAN YEAR. SO FOR COLLINWOOD TO UPSET THE LIKES OF PERRY CO. AND SANTA FE IS A LITTLE PROPOSTERIOUS AT THIS TIME, KHOWING WHAT THEY HAVE HAD THE LAST THREE YEARS COMING UP IN JUNIOR HIGH. YOU BETTER TALK TO YOUR BOYS WARD AND VICTORY AND RECRUIT HARD FOR THE BASKETBALL PROGRAM. WITHOUT THESE TWO IN UNIFORM, THE TROJANS WILL BE A 5-6TH PLACE FINISH IN A TOUGH DISTRICT THIS YEAR. :confused:

Guest lionbasketball

Look, who know about South Fulton! I hear they are quicker than ever, and have a 3 pt. range team. Adam Greer, Justin Hazlewood, Michael Tibbs,Clarence Cobb, and Michael Alford can all shoot the ball well. I think we underestimate South Fulton. What do you guys think?

TnBBall....I have read many of your post and respect your knowledge of Tennesse High School Basketball and their coaches. I have heard these same concerns about Goodpasture basketball. Although I have not seen them play personally, people close to me have. So I guess you could call it rumor. I know a sophomore who transferred from Greenbrier to Goodpasture this year. He will not be eligible to play varsity this year, but can play JV. He was not happy (neither was his father) as a six man on Greenbrier's freshman team last year which went 14-4. He is a Pretty good player, (shooter) but his attitude and his selfishness kept him from being the player he could be. It sounds like he will fit right in at Goodpature. I guess the reason I'm even posting this is to ask you if you are familiar with this player and if so, where is he on their depth chart?

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work.

Guest West73

I have heard that Temple Have enough guns to get back to the state this year. The big question can they repeat. I know they have Skogen and Wadley back. They also have Skogen and Wadley in the 10th grade. What's the thoughts on this?

People need to realize that last year Goodpasture lost an outstanding player in Ryan Duncan who was injured during the football season. Also lost Josh Craighead who was a senior he had problems with coaches. These 2 would have made a huge diffence in the boys program. The gym was only half full for either boys or girls last year. Very few students supported either team. Football dominates at Goodpasture.

Not real sure about the kid that you're talkin about from Greenbriar...I'm glad you respect my post and things like that, I strive not to post garbage but facts and opinions only.

Goodpasture has always had a variety of good things going for its athletics..At one time they were dominated in Baseball, Basketball, and Football..They've been steady in Golf as well so to say its a football school isnt right.