class 1 a

smsewell

I dont know why you think goodpasture will be in the mix in class A this year. The talent over there has dropped dramatically since Steve Reece left after the 2000 season. They play real hard they just have the athletes as they did in the past. They lost 20 games for the first time in school history last year. Once a storied program has gone down the drains.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by TnBball:

Goodpasture is no where near the caliber team now than they were when Steve Reece was there.Coach Reece had some good players no doubt but the program was respectable..Right now I dont even consider Goodpasture a real respectable basketball program.

I played for Coach Reece for 3 years. I went back a saw some games last year and i was embarrased at they way were playing. i really dont think it was the players fault, becasue last year there were 4 or 5 players who played under Reece in his last season. I just think the new system that has been out in over there is the problem. The new coach ( dont know his name) doesnt let the players get into a rythmn one mistake and they are pulled out. Every dead ball minimum of 3 subs. It is just such a disgrace and the girls program is just as bad. Heard the other day they had 5 girls quit including 4 starters from one year ago. Looks like the problems with both programs are internal.

DNP, your nuts. Do you know anything about the Forrest team to base those comments? Not only is Jamar by far the top player in the district, he's complimented by probably the best point gaurd in Hunter Shankle, 6-4 Patrick Schnapp, who was a monster this summer at the camps, and 3-year starter Zach Kennedy. Forrest didnt lose a single player off last year's team and you actually think Unionville has a chance? ha :rolleyes:

You brought up some good points, actually thats what I was hinting around as far as coaching at GoodPasture. The coaching is horrible there, GoodPasture does have a few good athletes of course they have the big 6'10 kid so theres no reason why they shouldnt be better. I saw them this summer and it seems that the same thing will happen that went on last year, another disappointing season..I lost alot of respect for the lil quick PG that starts for them, he is really disrespectful to coaches and players. Trash talked the whole game.

Its just sad to see a program with the tradition and pride that Goodpasture has go down because of a coaching change or change in philosphys..HAVE SOME PRIDE!! Goodpasture was at one time a midstate Power. Just Imagine, they once had Ron Mercer, Drew Maddux, and Sam Howard all on one team at the same time. scary huh?

Forrest High should be a very dominated force in the district..Jamar Jenkins is a tough match for most people in the state so theres definitely not going to be anyone who can even slow him down in the distrcit..The other players are very good in thier starting lineup, they had some very good role players and coaching seem to be good. So I expect Forrest to go far this year with Jenkins leading the way.

I was a part of those teams from 93/94-96/97 at Goodpasture. It all started with the attitude and Coach Reece always got respect and hard play from his players, no matter if they liked him or not. The 6'10 kid they have is a pretty good player if he can stay heathly ( back problems last season). His name is Ryan Daniel needs to add a few more pounds though. Also there shooting guard ( was a transfer last year dont know his name) is probably there best scorer, but he cant play on Friday Nites ( 7th day adventist) I think they will finish 5th or 6th this year in the district.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone is talking about how good Goodpasture used to be and how respected they were. When Reece was there they were respected because kids, were intimidated, by all the kids that were recruited and bought over there. Yes those guys were so fianacially influenced to go there. And as far as attitude goes theres are the worst. I couldnt tell you how many of there games I have watched, and they cant control their tempers. That goes for then and now. Now they are extremely cocky, but thats not the kids fought, they just follow their coach on that one.