Tennessean all-mid state team

bobcat93

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i noticed the all mid-state team that the tennessean had and only players from the nashville area were on it.how ironic is that?

It is the Nashville Newspaper.... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Murfreesboro's Daily News Journal had a different all-area team /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

What do you want? I noticed that the kids were from everywhere.

Adam Atkins: Goodpasture/University of Tennessee Davidson County

Jacob Stallings: Brentwood Academy/University of North Carolina Williamson County

Corban Joseph: Franklin/University of Kentucky (5th RD Draft) Williamson County

T.J. Hoelzer: David Lipscomb Davidson County

Tennyson Dodd: Oakland/Lipscomb Rutherford County

Bo Reeder: Cookeville/East Tennessee State Putnam County

Tyler Carr: Mt. Juliet Wilson County

Kes Carter: Ravenwood/Western Kentucky Williamson County

Johnny Mishu: Montgomery Bell Academy Davidson County

Navery Moore: Battle Ground Academy/Vanderbilt Williamson County

Williamson County: 4

Davidson County: 3

Rutherford County: 1

Putnam County: 1

Wilson County: 1

Private Schools: 5

Public Schools: 5

You could not select a team that was more diversified.

The major question is how could Seth Lentz be drafted so high and not be the MVP or at the very least first team?

I agree that Seth should have been first team and/or MVP but the Tennessean sportswriters picked the team and they don't really cover high school baseball until the State tournament rolls around. Most if not all of the first team players got to the state level. Many excellent players did not make it to the state tournament.

Jacob Stallings: Brentwood Academy/University of North Carolina Williamson County

Navery Moore: Battle Ground Academy Williamson County

The major question is how could Seth Lentz be drafted so high and not be the MVP or at the very least first team?

Navery Moore: Battle Ground Academy/Vanderbilt Williamson County

notice all those schools in and around the nashville area it the all-mid state team why don't they call the all nashville area team. thats my point no seth lentz,what about the stewart kid from cascade,or justin mcneese from richland both of them signed to play college ball and had successful years.

the tennessean writers don't really cover sports at all...they basically go by word of mouth. You really don't think they went through all the stats of the high school kids around and picked the best ones do you? If that was the case then some of the best players with a mediocre year would not have been chosen. For instance, Jacob Stallings (don't get me wrong he is phenomenal player) would never have been chosen batting only .333 with only 31 RBIs this season. Surely there are more catchers with better stats... Also, in my opinion, more than one pitcher should have been chosen for each team. Any thoughts?

the tennessean writers don't really cover sports at all...they basically go by word of mouth. You really don't think they went through all the stats of the high school kids around and picked the best ones do you? If that was the case then some of the best players with a mediocre year would not have been chosen. For instance, Jacob Stallings (don't get me wrong he is phenomenal player) would never have been chosen batting only .333 with only 31 RBIs this season. Surely there are more catchers with better stats... Also, in my opinion, more than one pitcher should have been chosen for each team. Any thoughts?

thats what i thought,thanks for clearing that up.i just think it stinks that alot of the schools in the bottom portion of the mid-state does not get the attention that the nashville area schools get and they still call it all MID-STATE.

thats what i thought,thanks for clearing that up.i just think it stinks that alot of the schools in the bottom portion of the mid-state does not get the attention that the nashville area schools get and they still call it all MID-STATE.

I agree more than one pitcher per team should have been selected. Anyone one of those three pitchers could/should have been on the first team. I also agree on the catcher selection comment.

notice all those schools in and around the nashville area it the all-mid state team why don't they call the all nashville area team. thats my point no seth lentz,what about the stewart kid from cascade,or justin mcneese from richland both of them signed to play college ball and had successful years.

did I miss something when did MoMo sign

I agree that Seth should have been first team and/or MVP but the Tennessean sportswriters picked the team and they don't really cover high school baseball until the State tournament rolls around. Most if not all of the first team players got to the state level. Many excellent players did not make it to the state tournament.

Last I checked, Cookeville was two-and-done in district tournament and advanced to region, and lost, because they won regular season. I don't believe Franklin or MBA advanced to the state tournament.

I don't think I would consider Cookeville as Nashville area. The school is on the edge of The Tennessean's coverage area, and their coach probably didn't make it a habit of calling in their games to The Tennessean when they have The Herald-Citizen that's probably out there covering almost every game.

How many pitchers throw for one team at a time? It takes guts to pick a 10-person team in a sport that plays 9 at a time.