REALIGNMENT WATCH OUT !

Smith County is NOT open zoned. Have there been transfers? Yes. People move. Parents split up. You can not go from one school to the other to play a sport. If the bus that comes to your house goes to Gville, so do you. Same way with SCHS.

You and Antwan can clear that up. Sounds as if to me from he has said that you can choose which school to go to if you really want to.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Smith County is famous for all of its STUD athletes. They call it the next Blount County! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

You never know.

Some family might decide to move in, buy the Key Stop in Gordonsville, and start selling Sun Drop again. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I always stopped there going from West TN to UT to get a Sun Drop in college and then when I lived in Nashville to visit my now wife, then they suddenly stopped selling them. Still bitter.

You and Antwan can clear that up. Sounds as if to me from he has said that you can choose which school to go to if you really want to.

You can. There are bus routes for each. You can attend either school. If you live in one route...you can still go to the other if you provide your own transportation. There have been some from Pleasant Shade that have gone to Gordonsville. One of Gordonsville's best players ever lived in the middle of Carthage.

You never know.Some family might decide to move in, buy the Key Stop in Gordonsville, and start selling Sun Drop again. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I always stopped there going from West TN to UT to get a Sun Drop in college and then when I lived in Nashville to visit my now wife, then they suddenly stopped selling them. Still bitter.

I know. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You never know.Some family might decide to move in, buy the Key Stop in Gordonsville, and start selling Sun Drop again. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I always stopped there going from West TN to UT to get a Sun Drop in college and then when I lived in Nashville to visit my now wife, then they suddenly stopped selling them. Still bitter.

If that family did that...they would likely live over here. Same thing over there.

You never know.

Some family might decide to move in, buy the Key Stop in Gordonsville, and start selling Sun Drop again. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I always stopped there going from West TN to UT to get a Sun Drop in college and then when I lived in Nashville to visit my now wife, then they suddenly stopped selling them. Still bitter.

Don't blame ya. I've always been a Ski man myself. They are becoming scarce also.

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

I love the new plan. Cheatham Co. will be playing Waverly, Harpeth, Stewart Co., & Fairview as fellow 3A schools and will also have 4A schools Creek Wood & Montgomery Central on the schedule.

That surely beats having to get on I-65 South every week and fight the Nashville rush hour traffic on a weekly basis to go to places like Giles Co., Marshall Co., Page, & Spring Hill.

I love this because the travel cost for last year was out of this world. Road games from last year included Gordonsville, Marshall Co., & Giles Co. just to name a few. Let's not forget that the playoff game was out in Fayette Ware (close to Memphis). IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT THE SMALL COUNTY SCHOOLS LIKE THIS ONE GETS REWARDED!!!!

USJ in Jackson has not faired well since the Multiplier went in to effect. I think the football team has gone like 5-25 in a three year period.....Boy's basketball is 1-19 in district play over the past couple of years...........Oh yea, but then there is baseball (which I know will get brought up). This just adds to the dilema. They will always be able to compete in baseball, regardless of classification. How to wash all that out is just another problem. Is it the physical aspect of the difference between the three.....I could say that, yet I'm sure there would be nay-sayers as well.

I get carried away sometimes and probably run my mouth too much, exaggerating a little along the way. I don't think we will ever be able to compete in AA in the two sports where to me, size matters. Noticed I mentioned "compete". I have no false aspirations of winning all the time, just gets old being slaughtered by schools three times your size.

I sympathize with your argument on FB and BB, but don't you think your domination in practically every spring sport balances the grand scheme? Some of the public schools you play probably have an opinion or two on why they have little chance of winning against you in those sports.

Don't blame ya. I've always been a Ski man myself. They are becoming scarce also.

You ain't kiddin. My wife prefers Ski, and it's hard to find either.

Little gas station near my house sold Sun Drop for a while after we moved here, now they don't even carry it anymore.

Somehow we can figure out how to blame this on the T$$AA......... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

In Rutherford County kids must attend the school they are zoned for.

Now this is hilarious! Ralph King, Mr Football for Riverdale in 01, and BCB MVP lived smack dab in the middle of Oakland's zone and Gaston Miller, Mr Football and BCB MVP in 04 lived in Blackman's zone. I could name dozens of exceptions including some in Smyrna.

You ain't kiddin. My wife prefers Ski, and it's hard to find either.

Little gas station near my house sold Sun Drop for a while after we moved here, now they don't even carry it anymore.

Somehow we can figure out how to blame this on the T$$AA......... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We have plenty of Sundrop here in Chapel Hill. Haven't seen Ski in a while, though. Maybe we can work something out with shipping??????

Now this is hilarious! Ralph King, Mr Football for Riverdale in 01, and BCB MVP lived smack dab in the middle of Oakland's zone and Gaston Miller, Mr Football and BCB MVP in 04 lived in Blackman's zone. I could name dozens of exceptions including some in Smyrna.

2P you have been told many times before GASTON HAS NEVER LIVED IN BLACKMAN ZONE at no time did he ever live there he went to cason lane elementry then central and then RIVERDALE at no time was he EVER ZONE BLACKMAN...i do not know where ralph lived so i can not argue about him....it is funny though how you didnt talk about some oakland kids that were zoned to other schools but ended up at oakland but thats ok

It is my understanding the county lines are the bounderies, kids can attend any school in their county.

Not so, in Giles county we have 2 high schools Richland High school which is zones and Giles County High which is not. Any child in the county that wishes to attend Giles County can but to attend Richland you have to live in the are zoned for that school.