Alcoa 2008

patty504

The last series was played on an 80 yard field. Alcoa two offensive series and WB, two offensive series. All starting at their own 20 yard line. Alcoa scored both times. WB scored one time, and the next series Alcoa intercepted a pass close to the end zone.

Zach Witt #12 moved them across the field and threw a 20-30 yard pass for WB's first 80 yard drive. Burton #5 the QB on the second series threw a "give me" pass that was picked off. I really think Zach is the QB to beat at WB. Yea, #11 for WB is fast and can turn on a dime!

Hopefully the high cost of travel will bring back the inter county games between Alcoa, WB, & Heritage.

My bad. I owe Butter an apology. SORRY BUTTER !!! We left too early. I didn't see the last part on the full field. I guess it was possible for Sam to take on 80 yds. My 2 -1 score was based on the first match-up of Alcoa and WB's 1's. So it sounds like the final between the 1's was Alcoa 4 tds - WB 2??? Sounds like I should have stayed around. I really didn't like the 2 games going on at once on each side of the 50.

Butter, how did the jv/freshman match-up go between you'all and WB?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad. I owe Butter an apology. SORRY BUTTER !!! We left too early. I didn't see the last part on the full field. I guess it was possible for Sam to take on 80 yds. My 2 -1 score was based on the first match-up of Alcoa and WB's 1's. So it sounds like the final between the 1's was Alcoa 4 tds - WB 2??? Sounds like I should have stayed around. I really didn't like the 2 games going on at once on each side of the 50.

Butter, how did the jv/freshman match-up go between you'all and WB?

your fine GovMan, i understand /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ...im not really sure of the score of the jv/freshman scrimmage, but not many TDs were scored...i don't know if it was just good defense from both teams or what, but it was fun to watch what both teams are going to look like for the future /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

how did scrimmages go today? who were the freshmen standouts in the freshmen game?

it went very well for the tornadoes, considering that they couldn't use their true offense because, as it has been previously said, they are a play-action team...Chaz Vesser and Cody Lewis caught my eye in the freshman game...i really enjoyed it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

it went very well for the tornadoes, considering that they couldn't use their true offense because, as it has been previously said, they are a play-action team...Chaz Vesser and Cody Lewis caught my eye in the freshman game...i really enjoyed it

did chaz or cody make any good catches or run good routes

Aaaaahhhhhhhh...............freeacen, did someone kick your little bulldog's butt? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Since Milan can NEVER get to the BIG game, maybe Milan can schedule Alcoa in the regular season?! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Milan can NEVER get to the big game???? Milan has 4 gold balls..only team in HISTORY to win in AA..move up to AAA the next year and win back-to-back....and we beat Maryville...something Alcoa can't seem to accomplish...

Milan can NEVER get to the big game???? Milan has 4 gold balls..only team in HISTORY to win in AA..move up to AAA the next year and win back-to-back....and we beat Maryville...something Alcoa can't seem to accomplish...

Alcoa has 9 STATE TITLES and they've won the last 4 STATE TITLES in a row.

Milan is a great football program. Coach Morris is a great coach and his players always play har for he and his staff. At the same time though do you know how many state title games Milan has been to this decade???????? 0 is the answer. That's right I said ZERO!!!!

In 2000 Milan lost in the 2nd Round to Jackson South Side

In 2001 Milan lost badly in the 2nd Round to Westview

In 2002 Milan lost in the Quarterfinals to Mitchell

In 2003 Milan lost in the Semifinals to Huntingdon

In 2004 Milan lost again in the Semifinals to Huntingdon

In 2005 Milan lost in the 2nd Round and for a third straight postseason it was against Huntingdon

In 2006 Milan lost in the Semifinals to Goodpasture

In 2007 Milan lost in the Quarterfinals to Peabody

Do the math and you'll see that:

1.) Milan is 0-3 in the State Semifinals this decade

2.) Milan is 3-2 in the State Quarterfinals this decade

3.) Milan is 5-3 in the 2nd Round of the Playoffs this decade

The Bulldogs went back-to-back in 1998-1999 but seriously you really can't make a living off of that now. Milan has came up well short in their "big time" postseason wars this decade. That has been the case against Huntingdon. The Mustangs are 3-1 against Milan and 2 of those wins were when the State Championship Game was on the line. They lost in the Semifinals to Goodpasture a few years ago and I have no doubt that they would have seen a repeat of that last year as well. Look at how badly Goodpasture beat Peabody (who upset Milan in the Quarterfinals).

Outside of the 2003 State Semifinal matchup against David Lipscomb there's not really a postseason instance in which I can recall Alcoa laying an egg. When you look back also you see that they beat David Lipscomb in the re-match here in Nashville in 2004. Milan could just never seem to do that when they played the Huntingdon Mustangs those three consecutive postseasons.

Hey Alcoa fans. Is Toney going to be a junior or senior this upcoming season?????? I saw where on the "starters" topic Tom142 had him listed as a junior however the article in the paper today about "Chase James" had Mr. Toney listed as a senior.

I know that Tyson & Warren are both youngsters. That is very promising for years to come /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />