Alcoa 2008

patty504

tadvols..............That Fulton/Alcoa rematch was a heck of a game! On of my all time favorites! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Wagner was amazing off the bench and Rogan put on a show in that contest. Fulton was a great team in 2006 as the state title shows but they would not have beaten Alcoa 8 out of 10 times had those two teams played. They did however beat the Tornadoes when it counted most.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wagner was amazing off the bench and Rogan put on a show in that contest. Fulton was a great team in 2006 as the state title shows but they would not have beaten Alcoa 8 out of 10 times had those two teams played. They did however beat the Tornadoes when it counted most.

I dont know about 8 out of 10 ... give Fulton more credit than that ... Alcoa never got their running game going with Shiverdecker ... it was the defense who scored and a couple long passes to Langster .. Falcon front seven were pretty good ..with Hamilton , Higgins and Co ... I saw Fulton's little 180 pound FB put some licks on the MLB Hicks from Alcoa that sprung Rogan in 4th Qtr ... remember the Green kid getting blindsided by Freeney from Fulton .. now there were two tough little guys from both teams .... GREAT GAME but 8 out of 10 nah .... Id say 50/50 ..... I dont know why Rankin quit playing .. it was a great game for both schools ... why would Rankin drop Fulton to pick up White House ??? Did he owe somebody a favor or what ??? It left Fulton scrambling to find another game ...

I dont know about 8 out of 10 ... give Fulton more credit than that ... Alcoa never got their running game going with Shiverdecker ... it was the defense who scored and a couple long passes to Langster .. Falcon front seven were pretty good ..with Hamilton , Higgins and Co ... I saw Fulton's little 180 pound FB put some licks on the MLB Hicks from Alcoa that sprung Rogan in 4th Qtr ... remember the Green kid getting blindsided by Freeney from Fulton .. now there were two tough little guys from both teams .... GREAT GAME but 8 out of 10 nah .... Id say 50/50 ..... I dont know why Rankin quit playing .. it was a great game for both schools ... why would Rankin drop Fulton to pick up White House ??? Did he owe somebody a favor or what ??? It left Fulton scrambling to find another game ...

I'd like to see that match continue myself................

I like the '05 game when Brandon and RaeRae was planting Dennis in the back field all night! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'd like to see that match continue myself................

I like the '05 game when Brandon and RaeRae was planting Dennis in the back field all night! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Alcoa's defense won that game for sure .... Wagner had gotten kicked off team before kickoff and 9th grader Stinson found out he was starting and was shell shocked ..can you imagine having those 2 guys coming off the edge on you ... anyway Alcoa returned I know of 3 INT's for TD's .. it was ugly ... the Alcoa offense didnt have to do alot .. Fulton defense played pretty well ... Lindsay nor Shiverdecker gained much ... Rogan had no help that night ....

[/quote

It actually wasnt rankins decison to stop playing fulton. he was in favor of the alcoa-fulton game. what happened was both alcoa and fulton had some back luck with region teams not wanting to switch their games around and accomodate these teams to they could play. both alcoa and fulton tried to get teams to switch a game and teams from region 2- 2a as well as fultons region wouldnt do that. with the new classifications, alcoa now has to find 5 non region games and i know for a fact they will be looking to try and schedule fulton and AE. they believe most people in from those schools as well as the communities for both would be in favor of seeing those games. i know i would love to see alcoa play both of those schools as well as maybe catholic

I am a Fulton fan and have heard these stories of how tough it is to play in MIddle Tn ... all i Heard from Smith Co 3 years ago was dont come to the "BLACK HOLE" ... well Fulton and Alcoa have both been to the black hole and won by big margins .. again ALCOA and FULTON players dont get intimidated anywhere they play ... not to say they cant be beat but they wont be scared !!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Hilarious

[i would love to see Alcoa tested by Maryville, Fulton, AE, Catholic, WB, and CAK each year. That would toughen them up come playoffs and they would really be ready for 2A. That would be a grueling season though, and run the risk of injuries. It would be a fans delight though.

c'mon man how much more ready can they get for 2a /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Matback.

I agree with your post 100%.

Right here is my opinion on Alcoa and their future. In the next 10 years Alcoa will pass every team in State Championships. Even Maryville. Maryville will still be great in 5A but will not win it almost every year like they do in 4A. As long as Maryville has that coaching staff they will be hard to beat. With Gary Rankin and that coaching staff Alcoa will be next to impossible for other 2A teams to beat. Rankin and his staff are very good coaches. But! What really makes Alcoa go is all those great athletes they have. Alcoa doesn't have to go through Lipscomb anymore which makes their path to Murfreesboro even easier. Alcoa has been one of the toughest teams Maryville has played the last 4 years. The only team that would clearly beaten Alcoa was those Melrose teams in 2004-2005. Melrose would be too physical for them. All those other teams from 2004-2007 that Maryville played like Central,Powell,Red Bank,Hillsboro,Maplewood and MOWest were really good teams that I think Alcoa could easily play with and probably beaten. Those teams were capable of beating Alcoa also.

Each of the last four Alcoa teams were IMO better football teams than last year's Maplewood team, all three of the Hillsboro teams that lost in the title game, and maybe even the Hillsboro team that won it all the year that Morristown West beat Maryville in the semis and giftwrapped a state title for Hillsboro.

Wagner was a good football player with some serious character issues Tadvols. You couldn't consistently count on him to play the way that he did that night against Alcoa. He'd eventually disappoint you for certain.

Alcoa was better than the 2006 Hillsboro team. There is no way they are better than the 2001 and 2002 Hillsboro teams. Most Maryville fans will tell you that the 2002 Hillsboro team was the best team Maryville has ever beaten. Hillsboro was awesome in 2002 and would have been way too physical for any of those Alcoa teams. I think Maplewood and Alcoa would have been a great game.

Alcoa was better than the 2006 Hillsboro team. There is no way they are better than the 2001 and 2002 Hillsboro teams. Most Maryville fans will tell you that the 2002 Hillsboro team was the best team Maryville has ever beaten. Hillsboro was awesome in 2002 and would have been way too physical for any of those Alcoa teams. I think Maplewood and Alcoa would have been a great game.

I know that they had Tim Gray, Calvin Bryant, Walter Fisher, etc. but they'd better have ran something besides the Wing-T if they were going to beat Alcoa.

They didn't even execute the Wing-T anywhere near as flawless as Goodpasture does. Martin is 10X as good a coach as is Aydelott. Goodpasture still can't score against Alcoa because the offense is predictable. In 2004 David Lipscomb, a Wing-T team, fell to Alcoa in the semifinals. They then beat Huntingdon in the Blue Cross Bowl. Huntingdon ran some Wing-T but they had a QB in Crocker who could throw it much better than the Hillsboro QB, Tim Gray, could. Having Chris Donald and Phillip "Boo" Weathers in the offensive backfield didn't hurt either. Once Alcoa figured them out in the second half (following the first TD pass to Weathers on third and long to start the second half) you didn't see Huntingdon do anything the rest of the night on offense.

Remember I said the last four Alcoa teams which consists of 2004, 2005, 2006, & 2007. The 2003 Alcoa team that got hammered by DL in the semifinals doesn't count in my argument.

Alcoa is going to score. Brandon Warren, Brian Sommer, Kyrus Lanxter, Logan Love, Dustin Lindsay, Chris Shiverdeker, Joei Fiegler, Randall Cobb, etc. The Wing-T wouldn't have been able to let the Burros stay caught up throughout the duration of the contest. They had a NON-EXISTANT PASSING GAME and it would have showed against a team with equal to better athletes.