Knoxville Catholic Football Web Site

Max3388

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The site has a great deal of information, as you have stated. There are a few things about the site I do not like, but they are all minor things dealing with aesthetics. I can list them, if you wish. It is certainly a very good start, and you should be commended on putting it together (I'm assuming that you created the site, which is a reasonable assumption since the site is brand new (domain was registered 05/29) and your profile is brand new, with both of your posts announcing the website).

The site has a great deal of information, as you have stated. There are a few things about the site I do not like, but they are all minor things dealing with aesthetics. I can list them, if you wish. It is certainly a very good start, and you should be commended on putting it together (I'm assuming that you created the site, which is a reasonable assumption since the site is brand new (domain was registered 05/29) and your profile is brand new, with both of your posts announcing the website).

Sounds great! list them.

Check out knoxcatholicfootball.com. A great web site for Knox Catholic Football, lots of information and links. Tell me what you guys think.

Very nice looking site. My comment: It looks more like an extension of the schools admissions office website than a football fan's site. Not meant as a negative. Just a different feel to it. Good luck with your site.

It is nice to see more football sites appearing. Good luck with the site.

One word of advice: nurture your relationships. You will find that a lot of people are willing to do reciprocal exchanges of links, information, etc. In fact, both the man behind this site and a poster on this thread have been very helpful to others in their web endeavors.

And when it comes to linking, if you want to "borrow" information (for example, helmets) from other sites, at least return the favor by providing a linking to that site!

You'll find that most of these suggestions stem from me being picky; perhaps unnecessarily so. The upside of this is that most of the suggestions will be easy to implement; a lot of these "problems" stem from typos.

Home page looks great. The quote from Simmons serves as an excellent introduction to the football program.

Facts page is excellent as well. Looks good and has a great summary of the program's recent success. I especially like the sidebar showing the region opposition. A few typos: "It's no secret that Region 2 -3A"; there should be no space between 2 and the dash. (I told you I would be picky) Some slightly bigger typos: "15 All-Sate Players over past 5 years" and "Three Mr. Football Finalist during past 5 years" (should be finalists) Additionally, beneath the bottom picture there is a period followed by a newline and then the caption.

08 spring page has nice quotes from the coaches. However, in my opinion, this page suffers from an overuse of images. Sometimes words are better than pictures and I believe this is such a case. Listing the programs who have expressed interest in the spring football schedule would be better, in my opinion, and I think the list would fit perfectly on the left side replacing the logos. I feel the same way about the center as well. I think that the images distract from the text, and that the OVC image and the one above it should be removed, while leaving the text in place. Just my thought Additionally, there is one typo on the page: "...spring football schedule for the purposes of evealuation."

08 summer and 08 camp pages are perfect

08 schedule: Is it really necessary to put "Broadcast on WNOX 99.3, "The Sports Animal." Home of Knox Catholic Football." after every game? Why not just put something like "All games are broadcast on WNOX 99.3, The Sports Animal." at the top of the page? The title of the page happens to include the entire text of the page. While I'm sure this was an accident, titles should be concise. 2008 Football Schedule would be sufficient. The table is messed up between weeks 5 and 6, and week 7 says "OPEN" 5 times. Finally, there are a couple of typos. The "Chattanooga" in "Chattanooga Baylor" is spelled with only one 't' on the page in both instances of the name, and Austin-East is misspelled once.

08 roster: Perfect

08 weight room: Perfect, except for the title. For some reason the title is "Knoxville Catholic Football" followed by a large number of spaces.

Alumni: Great page, with one small problem. You have, for instance, this: "Link to Conner's profile. http://unapproved website.Unapproved Website/viewprospect.a...ey=76358"; Why not just make "Link to Conner's profile" the hyperlink itself?

Recruiting 101: Perfect, and very informative.

All-sports complex: Perfect

News and links: Nice page. However, as in alumni, I'd recommend making the title of the news articles the links themselves, rather than placing the links below. For instance, Hood checks in as a 5.7, 3 Star. Number 28 Ranked OT in the Country.

Senior profiles: Looks good, although it's obviously under construction

08 opposition: Same as above. This is actually the page I'm looking forward to the most. I think it'll be quite interesting to read about the opposing teams.

Other thoughts: The menu (for lack of a better term) that links to the various pages looks a bit odd. I can't figure out why it looks wrong to me, but it just does. If you'll take a look at http://caksoccer.com/ for instance, their menu seems to blend into the site very well, while this one doesn't. Just my thoughts though.

Please take this as constructive criticism. Make no mistake, the site is very good and I do recognize that it is new and that you have worked hard on it. All of the things I listed above were minor, as far as I'm concerned, and some of them are certainly matters of opinion. Good luck with the site. I think the Catholic football team deserves a website that is as high quality as they are, and they are being provided what just that.

Now if we could just get the soccer team a site...

It is nice to see more football sites appearing. Good luck with the site.

One word of advice: nurture your relationships. You will find that a lot of people are willing to do reciprocal exchanges of links, information, etc. In fact, both the man behind this site and a poster on this thread have been very helpful to others in their web endeavors.

And when it comes to linking, if you want to "borrow" information (for example, helmets) from other sites, at least return the favor by providing a linking to that site!

Thanks for the information and we put up your link and logo on our site. Any new information is helpful. Thanks again.

You'll find that most of these suggestions stem from me being picky; perhaps unnecessarily so. The upside of this is that most of the suggestions will be easy to implement; a lot of these "problems" stem from typos.

Home page looks great. The quote from Simmons serves as an excellent introduction to the football program.

Facts page is excellent as well. Looks good and has a great summary of the program's recent success. I especially like the sidebar showing the region opposition. A few typos: "It's no secret that Region 2 -3A"; there should be no space between 2 and the dash. (I told you I would be picky) Some slightly bigger typos: "15 All-Sate Players over past 5 years" and "Three Mr. Football Finalist during past 5 years" (should be finalists) Additionally, beneath the bottom picture there is a period followed by a newline and then the caption.

08 spring page has nice quotes from the coaches. However, in my opinion, this page suffers from an overuse of images. Sometimes words are better than pictures and I believe this is such a case. Listing the programs who have expressed interest in the spring football schedule would be better, in my opinion, and I think the list would fit perfectly on the left side replacing the logos. I feel the same way about the center as well. I think that the images distract from the text, and that the OVC image and the one above it should be removed, while leaving the text in place. Just my thought Additionally, there is one typo on the page: "...spring football schedule for the purposes of evealuation."

08 summer and 08 camp pages are perfect

08 schedule: Is it really necessary to put "Broadcast on WNOX 99.3, "The Sports Animal." Home of Knox Catholic Football." after every game? Why not just put something like "All games are broadcast on WNOX 99.3, The Sports Animal." at the top of the page? The title of the page happens to include the entire text of the page. While I'm sure this was an accident, titles should be concise. 2008 Football Schedule would be sufficient. The table is messed up between weeks 5 and 6, and week 7 says "OPEN" 5 times. Finally, there are a couple of typos. The "Chattanooga" in "Chattanooga Baylor" is spelled with only one 't' on the page in both instances of the name, and Austin-East is misspelled once.

08 roster: Perfect

08 weight room: Perfect, except for the title. For some reason the title is "Knoxville Catholic Football" followed by a large number of spaces.

Alumni: Great page, with one small problem. You have, for instance, this: "Link to Conner's profile. http://unapproved website.Unapproved Website/viewprospect.a...ey=76358"; Why not just make "Link to Conner's profile" the hyperlink itself?

Recruiting 101: Perfect, and very informative.

All-sports complex: Perfect

News and links: Nice page. However, as in alumni, I'd recommend making the title of the news articles the links themselves, rather than placing the links below. For instance, Hood checks in as a 5.7, 3 Star. Number 28 Ranked OT in the Country.

Senior profiles: Looks good, although it's obviously under construction

08 opposition: Same as above. This is actually the page I'm looking forward to the most. I think it'll be quite interesting to read about the opposing teams.

Other thoughts: The menu (for lack of a better term) that links to the various pages looks a bit odd. I can't figure out why it looks wrong to me, but it just does. If you'll take a look at http://caksoccer.com/ for instance, their menu seems to blend into the site very well, while this one doesn't. Just my thoughts though.

Please take this as constructive criticism. Make no mistake, the site is very good and I do recognize that it is new and that you have worked hard on it. All of the things I listed above were minor, as far as I'm concerned, and some of them are certainly matters of opinion. Good luck with the site. I think the Catholic football team deserves a website that is as high quality as they are, and they are being provided what just that.

Now if we could just get the soccer team a site...

Thanks for all the great information and tips. We are trying to make it the best around. Any more suggestions as we move along would be good. Hope you enjoy the website as we continue to make improvements.

We welcome you to the big boys league. Bet you wont go anywhere near undefeated in 2009 and after.

They may not go undefeated, but they will be competitive, maybe even dominate the new 5A region. I like Catholic against anyone on that list. I'm sure they would just as soon play Powell, Halls, Campbell Co., Central, Karns and OR as play AE and Fulton. I have heard rumors that Coach P is considering going private. Any truth to that?

They may not go undefeated, but they will be competitive, maybe even dominate the new 5A region. I like Catholic against anyone on that list. I'm sure they would just as soon play Powell, Halls, Campbell Co., Central, Karns and OR as play AE and Fulton. I have heard rumors that Coach P is considering going private. Any truth to that?

I don't know that Coach P has that much pull. The cost of going the private route makes it tough for the non-revenue sports with the bulk of the games being in Chattanooga. It defeats the purpose of the realignment in order to cut down on travel costs. Football would basically have 5 travel games at the expense of sending basketball, softball, baseball, volleyball, soccer on the road during the school week returning home late at night not counting the transportation costs. Gates would diminished from the visiting team. It would do away with the great rivalries that are quickly becoming established with Fulton, AE and Anderson County.