coalfield head coach gone ?

baden550

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have heard a lot of "stuff" and it is hard to sort out truth from rumor. No one from Coalfield is stepping up to really confirm of deny the rumors. Everything from the resignation to the departure of certain key players. When C-town is quiet, it is not a good sign. There may be trouble in the camp. Anybody over there got any information????

Haven't you heard of the 5th amendment? Anything you say can be used against you.

Haven't you heard of the 5th amendment? Anything you say can be used against you.

Uh, that is Miranda. There is nothing to say. There has never been a violation or finding against Coalfield for any violations that have been reported. That speaks volumes. There are folks that would love to see it but the rules are followed. If not, then the success will eventually go away.

Uh, that is Miranda. There is nothing to say. There has never been a violation or finding against Coalfield for any violations that have been reported. That speaks volumes. There are folks that would love to see it but the rules are followed. If not, then the success will eventually go away.

You are correct. However the 5th Amendment also states, "nor shall a person be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself". Also, I never stated that Coalfield was guilty of any violation. If they are not, it is probably best that they are not saying anything.

I really don't understand what there is to say. There is an uncertainty in the status and Coach K deserves respect, best not to comment. Allegations up thread addressed "complaints" to the Association. There have been complaints in the past, there will be complaints in the future, that is the nature of having a successful program. There have never been findings and there is not any now from any recent complaints. The rules regarding transfers are more defined for publics than privates because the catchment area is easier to define. When a kid transfers to Coalfield for whatever reason and is a good ball player those that have a axe to grind start waiving flags and shooting at us. The rules are followed. When those rules are followed, there will not be a finding. Maybe instead of wasting time investigating programs that are following the rules, those crying might start looking for a way to 1) make the rules better and change them, or 2) get a program that people actually wish to play for so much that they move into the catchment area.

I really don't understand what there is to say. There is an uncertainty in the status and Coach K deserves respect, best not to comment. Allegations up thread addressed "complaints" to the Association. There have been complaints in the past, there will be complaints in the future, that is the nature of having a successful program. There have never been findings and there is not any now from any recent complaints. The rules regarding transfers are more defined for publics than privates because the catchment area is easier to define. When a kid transfers to Coalfield for whatever reason and is a good ball player those that have a axe to grind start waiving flags and shooting at us. The rules are followed. When those rules are followed, there will not be a finding. Maybe instead of wasting time investigating programs that are following the rules, those crying might start looking for a way to 1) make the rules better and change them, or 2) get a program that people actually wish to play for so much that they move into the catchment area.

Your point is well taken with the following exception. Not all the transfers are living in the "catchment" area that you are talking about. See the rule for change of residence.

Bona Fide Change of Residence ??“ A move from one community to another that justifies a change of schools. Where a family continues to maintain a previous residence for the residential purposes of that family or any of its members, the move is not one that justifies a change of schools for purposes of the TSSAA Bylaws.

Not all of the out of towners are living in C-town. We all know that and I guess as long as you keep saying it over and over you can continue to believe it. Now will Coalfield attract great players? Sure. But don't get on here and tell us everything is by the book. I have known too many examples over the years. Don't ask for them by name. You and I both know who they are. Just resign yourself to the fact that Coalfield has skirted the rules and happily gets away with it. Some people cheat on their taxes every year too. No big deal, but it happens.

Gezzzz people stop being jealous of the past few seasons (not counting last year) that Coalfield had in football. Bunch of cry babies if you ask me... This is about Coach K last time I checked, not how you guys think Coalfield has recruited. Not only would a kid want to play football for a former NFL/UT player, but a proven winner, and also college connections. Would MPG have went anywhere for football if he would have stayed at Oakdale?? Probably not just because of their record and not in the public eye. Him and his family done what was best for him. Anyways how about get back to the topic of the forum

Not all of the out of towners are living in C-town. We all know that and I guess as long as you keep saying it over and over you can continue to believe it.

Really? Strange statement. How do you know? You don't have any more proof than the Association.

Now will Coalfield attract great players? Sure. But don't get on here and tell us everything is by the book. I have known too many examples over the years. Don't ask for them by name. You and I both know who they are. Just resign yourself to the fact that Coalfield has skirted the rules and happily gets away with it. Some people cheat on their taxes every year too. No big deal, but it happens.

And again, your proof is where? The association has investigated and there was not anything found. If the rule was violated it is their duty to take action. Now you are saying Coalfield and the Association are in a conspiracy. Wow! Some how, based on how BWA and others have been treated on this issue I just don't see that happening. YMMV.

I'm with FB on this one.

Everyone knows that coalfield has bent and bent the rules. Has anything been done-NO. But everyone gets caught in the act sooner or later. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Everyone knows? GWBush knows? Glad he keeps up with Coalfield. You know with all the terrorists in the world to keep up with and all.

Why hasn't anything been done?

Really? Strange statement. How do you know? You don't have any more proof than the Association.

You would be surprised what I have and who I know and who I have spoken with. If we were playing cards, I would call your bluff. But this ain't Texas Hold em and the stakes are not to my liking.

i]And again, your proof is where? The association has investigated and there was not anything found. If the rule was violated it is their duty to take action. Now you are saying Coalfield and the Association are in a conspiracy. Wow! Some how, based on how BWA and others have been treated on this issue I just don't see that happening. YMMV.[/i]

You flatter yourself and your program way too much. No conspiracy, only that the TSSAA has way too much to deal with to hammer a single A school in East Tennessee. By operating in the margins of the rules, Coalfield has been able to stay on the edge of legal. BWA on the other hand openly defied TSSAA and got nailed. Now if you will remember, it took 10 years.

I'm with FB on this one.

You and FB keep drinking the Kool-aide and telling yourself that all is well. Click your heels together and keep saying, "there's no place like Coalfield"

"By operating in the margins of the rules, Coalfield has been able to stay on the edge of legal."

What is the "edge of legal"? That is like driving with out a license, either you have one or you don't. If you have one you are legal, if not you are illegal. Legal is legal. Put the tin foil hat back on you might get better reception.