Sequoyah

dumdum

Hey Folks first I would like to appolagize to anyone who I have offended in the last couple of days. PJ I would like to say I'm sorry, and will do so in person when we run into each other. Also to CoachT for all the headache. To be honest when I'm in a bad mood, someone should really take my laptop from me. I was asked today to be careful in what I say because of the position I hold, but I am still a parent of two high school kids and there is still a rage inside of me, the rage is all directed to Mike Lowry and Dean Williams (thats all I need to say about them). I am a big supporter of Sequoyah High School athletics and I will continue to support the Cheifs! I also would like to wish David Gregory and his family the best of Luck! I would like to also comment on what the board passed last night about the Volunteer Coaches. Do they realize that minor sports like girls softball, boys and girls soccer, volleyball etc... at all Monroe County High Schools use volunteer coaches who have kids on the team? Do they realize, finding coaches is hard to do, or are they going to pay people to do this? Yeah it was easy to make this ruling but they did it with no plan.

Jeff Bell

I accept your apology. Now what we need to do is concentrate on getting the kids back on the field at Sequoyah where they belong. By the way did Coach Satterfield call u tonight.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I accept your apology. Now what we need to do is concentrate on getting the kids back on the field at Sequoyah where they belong. By the way did Coach Satterfield call u tonight.

No, tell him to call if he would like, I would talk to him and try to smooth things out the best I can.

Please no bashing or short jabs to anyone. lets keep this one open

The players,coaches, some not all parents took a stand against Oakgrove Rd. for someone they trusted.

And that would be Coach G. as a Coach and A.D.

We stood our ground for what we thought was right and now its time to stand down.

The new Head Coach and A.D. is Coach Satterfield.

Do not forget our fight was not with him, we must now work to put this back together again.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody needs to step up and put this group back together. A good place to start might be a special screening for all football team members prior to the walk out of the movie " Hoosiers ". Lots of lessons for this group in that old basketball flick. Those who remember the movie may recall how bitter the town was when a " new " coach was brought in. They should look at the results once the coach was given a chance and pieces were allowed to fall into place. All you concerned parents should watch the movie as well. Afterward over pizza and whatever, go ahead and vent. Let it all out, scream , cuss, cry ... whatever you need to get this behind you. Once done, agree to never bring the matter of how the coaching changes were made up again, who should have or could have done what... doesn't matter anymore. You are where you are. Take the high ground if you are of the opinion the situation stinks and you are mad, keep it to yourself. Make the chicken salad out of chicken sh.t If this team can come together and have some success either because of the new coach or in spite of him you all will have a season like no other. You parents and kids can take the challenge and pull this program out of the ashes. Maybe they'll make a movie out of your team too. Good luck

Great posts guys! Dumdum, torseq, and anyone that shares their feelings but has not posted I want to say there is great respect for you. I know that is not what you are after, but it comes with it. Please keep encouraging the kids to perservere. Sequoyah has always had the talent to have a good team year in and year out, but something off the field always arises to handicap them. Coach Satterfield has said he is willing to put at least 9 years into the program if allowed to. I feel this is what the program needs in every sport. There has been so much change from year and year and turmoil that the athletes need to and deserve to have people that are there long enough that they can someday once again trust and respect. Coach said he wants to try to personally contact all the kids that have left the program in the last year, during coach Summey and after, and talk with each one of them. He will need help in doing this. If you know a kid that hasn't been contacted, please get word to coach so he can get in touch with them. Not trying to stir anything up or start anything with this, but just wanted to let everyone know that coach's time at Vonore wasn't a bed of roses either. When he left for Greenback there was a lot of things happened and some hard feelings were made that will never be mended. But the point is, with everything we must find a way to work through it and be an example to our younger kids. I know I am not one to be giving advice, that's why I am posting this as an opinion. There will probably always be hard feelings out there over what has happened that will never be mended, but we must go on. Let's continue to show respect for one another and at least appear to get along in front of the athletes in all sports. I am reminded of many posts with and from chindit. He was passionate about soccer and his respect for other sports convinced me to have that same respect for soccer. No matter how anyone feels about any of the former coaches, they were out there and that tells me they did have a concern for the kids. It cannot be denied the major progress that coach Gregory made with the athletic department and I personally thank him for that. I believe we have good coaches in every sport and he made most of that possible. I truly believe that our basketball and baseball programs are on the verge of breaking out with talented young athletes. Coach Baird and coach Kefauver have made major improvements in these programs and coach Gregory was instrumental in their being here. On another note, I was told last week I believe, that Sequoyah's academic test scores were higher than they ever have been. I think everyone needs to thank the administration, faculty, and the hard work of the students for accomplishing this.

Just a message for the Seniors, we told you a couple of years ago to believe in the system and it would pan out and things would be ok, right now I know you dont feel like the system did the right thing and I want to appolagize for that, but you guys cannot let your senior year go by and not play, you will regret it for the rest of your lives, this was going to be and still can be, one of the best teams ever! I know you guys are a tight bunch, we seen that last night, so please just think about it, there are alot of youngsters looking up at you guys. GO CHIEFS!!!

I hope most of the kids come back and I think they will, maybe even some new ones. This is a great opportunity for them to play for a really good coach. He knows how to win and hopefully he can show these kids how to win.

I know that I don't have a dog in the race, but I would like to give a little advice to the players that quit. (Although I hope that you guys don't read message boards.) I also had three coaches in 4 years and I know how hard it is to go thru coaching changes. I also went through summer workouts with only five or six players participating (including one 8th grader). It does make for a rough season forecast, but I couldn't imagine not wearing the blue and white. If you don't play because you feel that you or your former coach got shafted then you will regret it. If you don't play you WILL regret it 15 years (or sooner) down the road. I know that too, because those players told me afterwards. Look, life and football are not easy, not everything will go your way. Coach Satterfield will put together a great staff, and don't kid yourself, he has put a lot of players in college and I'm sure still has several connections. So, if you are good enough, you will have a shot at the next level. Even if you play and go 1-9, (which I don't think will happen) you will be glad that you played.

A little update: Coach has added coach Berrong to his staff and had discussions with another one yesterday. Do not know a name or how it went. Also, his son Marcus is a college assistant and is contacting some people on the college level and trying to help assemble the staff. Just an idea, but I think the coaches or just the commissioners of both leagues should meet with coach just as they did with coach Summey. Maybe set up a time at Bert's or somewhere and get to know him and also let him know what the youth leagues expect of him. I know when he was at Greenback he was seen at almost every game on Saturday's. It will be harder to do with two programs instead of one, but I honestly think he will show great support for both programs.

Does anyone have any idea what is planned as far as "conditioning" next week? Are the boys (presuming some of them will be back out there) supposed to show up for weightlifting in AM on M,W,F and drills at 6:00 T,T? Or are they taking the week off until the dust settles and there are some actual coaches to supervise?

Does anyone have any idea what is planned as far as "conditioning" next week? Are the boys (presuming some of them will be back out there) supposed to show up for weightlifting in AM on M,W,F and drills at 6:00 T,T? Or are they taking the week off until the dust settles and there are some actual coaches to supervise?

I just talked to Coach Satterfield and he told me that the weight room will be opened at 6:30am om M-W-F. He will let the players know about T-Th next week.