Murphy Fair 21st edition of TENNESSEE HS FOOTBALL

Sequatchie

Again...Where can I buy this "good" book in the Memphis area? Also, when will it be available? I'm interested in seeing it!

It has not been said yet what locations will have the book for sale according to Murphy's website that should happen in the next couple of weeks.

It does say on his site that printing will begin soon and that "Actual deliveries will take place the final two weeks of July."

Persons can also order an advance copy by sending a $15 check or money order to:

Murphy Fair Publications

121 April Lane

Readyville, TN 37149.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The book will hit the shelves around that final week of July (Sunday the 27th through Friday August 1st). You can pick up a copy at any local Borders store or if you are in the Nashville/Middle TN area you can get a copy at the Tennessee Sports Fan inside the mall at Opry Mills.

Also folks DO NOT BLAME MURPHY IF YOUR SURVEYS ARE WRONG!!!! The coaches are the ones who submit the surveys and if there are any errors it is because the person who filled out the survey made the error.

I never call Murphy Fair a "guru" like most do however I will say that hat he does for HSF in the state is very good. The "guru" slogan came from folks like Plaster, Daunic, McFarland, & Eakes at 104.5 "The Zone".

Nothing is keeping you or muffin from creating your own magazine covering high school football in Tennessee. I am sure it would be perfect. So instead of complaining about Murphy Fair, and the job that he does, why don't the two of you get off your tails and do it better.

Buy a plus membership,and then you can complain,and yes some of us are perfect /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Buy a plus membership,and then you can complain,and yes some of us are perfect /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't need to buy a plus membership to speak my mind, nor am I required to. You seem to be a chronic complainer. If you can do it better than Murphy Fair, be my guest.

I don't need to buy a plus membership to speak my mind, nor am I required to. You seem to be a chronic complainer. If you can do it better than Murphy Fair, be my guest.

No you are not required to buy a plus membership, but seeing that you are on CoachT spouting off and getting your post count up, wouldn't it be a good thing to support CoachT. He does a great service for the fans of Tennessee sports, and keeping the site up and running is not free. Support the cause.

No you are not required to buy a plus membership, but seeing that you are on CoachT spouting off and getting your post count up, wouldn't it be a good thing to support CoachT. He does a great service for the fans of Tennessee sports, and keeping the site up and running is not free. Support the cause.

I may become a plus member but it won't be because you say I am "spouting off"! I am simply coming to the defense of Murphy Fair, as he is attacked by others who are "spouting off"!

I may become a plus member but it won't be because you say I am "spouting off"! I am simply coming to the defense of Murphy Fair, as he is attacked by others who are "spouting off"!

Being from East Tennessee, I don't know that much about Murphy Fair, but it seems like every time his name is mentioned there is some kind of controversy.

Being from East Tennessee, I don't know that much about Murphy Fair, but it seems like every time his name is mentioned there is some kind of controversy.

I don't know about controversy, it's just that some want to sit back and be critical, when they haven't got a clue about what he does, or how he does it. My point is simple; if they don't like the way he does his job, then either go help him to do it better, or quit their jobs and create a competing high school football magazine. Chances are that those who are critical will keep their jobs, because it is almost a certainty that whatever they do, they make more than Murphy.

I don't know about controversy, it's just that some want to sit back and be critical, when they haven't got a clue about what he does, or how he does it. My point is simple; if they don't like the way he does his job, then either go help him to do it better, or quit their jobs and create a competing high school football magazine. Chances are that those who are critical will keep their jobs, because it is almost a certainty that whatever they do, they make more than Murphy.

ON THE BALL Magazine has been excellent, not only for football but other sports. I basically get the same information from either in Middle Tennessee but ON THE BALL does a better job in the West Tennessee edition than Murph. It appears ON THE BALL actually goes out and talks to a few of the Coaches instead of depending on mail in questionnaire. I'll read both and OK with both publications, the more the merrier doesn't hurt.

ON THE BALL Magazine has been excellent, not only for football but other sports. I basically get the same information from either in Middle Tennessee but ON THE BALL does a better job in the West Tennessee edition than Murph. It appears ON THE BALL actually goes out and talks to a few of the Coaches instead of depending on mail in questionnaire. I'll read both and OK with both publications, the more the merrier doesn't hurt.

I would agree that ON THE BALL is more informative in West Tennessee, than Murphy Fair's publication. I do think that it has to do with the fact that Murphy is trying to cover the entire state and must depend on coaches to provide the information. I enjoy reading both.