Murphy Fair 21st edition of TENNESSEE HS FOOTBALL

Sequatchie

For more info go to www.MurphyFair.com

Deadline Approaching For Murphy's Magazine

Attention high school football fans! If you see your favorite school listed below, chances are that school won't be featured between the covers of this year's 21st annual edition of TENNESSEE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.

Murphy Fair, publisher of the annual prep pigskin preview, has been working tirelessly the last several weeks to get this year's edition complete. He's less than two weeks away from taking the magazine to the printer for mass production.

But, as usual, there are still a number of coaches who have not submitted information on their teams, despite multiple mailings and telephone calls. Fair is making this final plea to fans. IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO HEAD COACHES, PLEASE REMIND THEM THAT THIS WEEK IS THE FINAL DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING INFORMATION.

Schools that have still not submitted their reports include:

Adamsville

Arlington

Austin East

B.T. Washington

Brainerd

Brentwood

Carver

Chester County

Claiborne

Clarksville NW

Coalfield

Cocke County

Columbia Acad.

Copper Basin

Craigmont

Cumberland Gap

Daniel Boone

David Brainerd

Dresden

Ezell Harding

Fayette Ware

Frayser

Gleason

Glencliff

Halls

Hamilton

Happy Valley

Hillcrest

Hillwood

Howard

Jackson C-M

Jackson County

Jellico

Liberty

Loretto

Loudon

Manassas

McGavock

Memphis Central

Memphis East

Memphis N'side

Mitchell

Munford

Nashville Christian

North Greene

Oakhaven

Obion County

Oliver Springs

Perry County

Raleigh Egypt

Red Boiling Springs

Ridgeway

Ripley

Scott

Sequoyah

Soddy-Daisy

South Greene

Stone Memorial

Sullivan Central

Sullivan East

Sullivan North

Sunbright

Tellico Plains

Treadwell

Trinity Christian

Unaka

Union County

Volunteer

Walker Valley

Waverly

Westwood

White Station

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a shame I just looked at last years magazine and there was 54 schools listed as not returning there surveys and out of the list above by my count 34 are the same schools.

I have never seen this survey that Murphy sends out to the coaches but I don't think any coach or assistant coach is that busy that they can't take five or ten minutes to complete a survey and give the school they work for and the kids they coach a little a bit of publicity and pride of being in this magazine that is now going on its 21st annual edition. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Schools recieve the press and that is it.

Actually some schools sell it for a fund raiser for the team. I 'think' they do make some funds for doing this.

I too really wish that ALL schools would return the survey as it is good for their fans as well as the fans across the state. This is a good tool for fans and it is not giving things away to opposing teams as they rely more on films.

Anyone who doesn't turn in the survey either does one of the following:

1.) Does NOT care at all about getting the players exposure

2.) Does NOT like Murphy Fair and will in no way, shape, or form support him or his cause

The survey takes all of 10 minutes to fill out. I have done so for Cheatham for the past four years now. Here is what's on one of Murphy's surveys:

1.) Head Coach, Assitant Coaches, Name of School, Mascot

2.) Impact Players (he usually gives enough room to list around 20)

3.) College Prospects

4.) Academic All-State Nominees

5.) Poll for Top 6 Teams in Your Class

6.) Region Predictions (Usually Around 7-8 Teams)

7.) Radio Play-By-Play

8.) Statistics Keeper

9.) P.A. Announcer

10.) Team Website (if your school even has one)

THAT IS IT FOLKS!!!!!

I would be absolutely embarrassed if I couldn't find the time to take 10 minutes and submit one of these things. It isn't like the survey asks what type of offense/defense teams are going to run or what is the run/pass ratio when a team does have the football. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! I have enjoyed what Murphy does for HS Athletics and I hope he continues to do this. I am sure that he will one day finally become fed up with things though if coaches continue to ignore him.

I have yet to see a survey this year from OTB or Varsity Sports Media or even the Tennessean. Murphy Fair has been the constant of football previews in this state over the last 20 years. DON'T TREAT HIM LIKE HE IS SOME SORT OF JOKE & TAKE HIS HARD WORK FOR GRANTED!!!!

Why is it that a majority of the schools in the Memphis area have not sent in info?

By my count, 35% of the Memphis area schools that play football didn't reply...that's a significant percentage, but hardly a majority. Looking forward to the 2008 edition.

Anyone who doesn't turn in the survey either does one of the following:

1.) Does NOT care at all about getting the players exposure

2.) Does NOT like Murphy Fair and will in no way, shape, or form support him or his cause

The survey takes all of 10 minutes to fill out. I have done so for Cheatham for the past four years now. Here is what's on one of Murphy's surveys:

1.) Head Coach, Assitant Coaches, Name of School, Mascot

2.) Impact Players (he usually gives enough room to list around 20)

3.) College Prospects

4.) Academic All-State Nominees

5.) Poll for Top 6 Teams in Your Class

6.) Region Predictions (Usually Around 7-8 Teams)

7.) Radio Play-By-Play

8.) Statistics Keeper

9.) P.A. Announcer

10.) Team Website (if your school even has one)

THAT IS IT FOLKS!!!!!

I would be absolutely embarrassed if I couldn't find the time to take 10 minutes and submit one of these things. It isn't like the survey asks what type of offense/defense teams are going to run or what is the run/pass ratio when a team does have the football. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! I have enjoyed what Murphy does for HS Athletics and I hope he continues to do this. I am sure that he will one day finally become fed up with things though if coaches continue to ignore him.

I have yet to see a survey this year from OTB or Varsity Sports Media or even the Tennessean. Murphy Fair has been the constant of football previews in this state over the last 20 years. DON'T TREAT HIM LIKE HE IS SOME SORT OF JOKE & TAKE HIS HARD WORK FOR GRANTED!!!!

I like Murphy as well as the next person but don't make him a victim. He has made a living off the kids and the coaches of this state for many years.