Murphy Fair 21st edition of TENNESSEE HS FOOTBALL

Sequatchie

I have purchased the book each season since 1993. I definitely appreciate the work that Murphy puts into producing the book each year. Does he have a staff that helps him compile all of the information/surveys? If not then maybe that would be a good idea. He could hire 3-4 people per region of the state that could be responsible for getting in touch and establishing relationships with coaches in those regions. Like someone said earlier, get out and visit the schools & coaches as OTB does. Then maybe he would have more success at getting some of the schools/coaches that don't normally reply to participate. This may not be economically feasible for him and I certainly understand that, but it may be productive in producing a more complete preview each year.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ON THE BALL Magazine has been excellent, not only for football but other sports. I basically get the same information from either in Middle Tennessee but ON THE BALL does a better job in the West Tennessee edition than Murph. It appears ON THE BALL actually goes out and talks to a few of the Coaches instead of depending on mail in questionnaire. I'll read both and OK with both publications, the more the merrier doesn't hurt.

ON THE BALLfrom what I can tell is not a statewide magazine anyway I had never heard of it until a couple of months ago. There was another magazine that came out last year called Tennessee Football Magazine that was supposed to be a state wide magazine but I never saw it in any of the stores and to order it by mail you had to send payment to St. Petersburg, FL.

The fact remains Murphy has been doing his magazine Tennessee High School Foootball the name speaks for itself for going on 21 years before all those other magazines found out you could make money on HS Football in Tennessee long before the internet and this website. As I have said it may not be the best magazine but its not for from it for its purpose.

ON THE BALLfrom what I can tell is not a statewide magazine anyway I had never heard of it until a couple of months ago. There was another magazine that came out last year called Tennessee Football Magazine that was supposed to be a state wide magazine but I never saw it in any of the stores and to order it by mail you had to send payment to St. Petersburg, FL.

The fact remains Murphy has been doing his magazine Tennessee High School Foootball the name speaks for itself for going on 21 years before all those other magazines found out you could make money on HS Football in Tennessee long before the internet and this website. As I have said it may not be the best magazine but its not for from it for its purpose.

I was not sure about East Tennessee until I looked on OTB website. They have different publications for West and Middle Tennessee. OTB is all high school sports publication that cover the different sports, not only football. They produce serveral issues per year, not just once a year. It is a free publication. Too bad East Tennessee doesn't have a publication for High School sports but Murph will do fine for football.

JCTWP,

I have found the best way is to go to Murphy's website and get the address and mail a check or money order and they will ship you one. It always arrives about the time they come out in stores (last week in July). That way you don't risk driving around and some stores either not having it or being sold out.

I was not sure about East Tennessee until I looked on OTB website. They have different publications for West and Middle Tennessee. OTB is all high school sports publication that cover the different sports, not only football. They produce serveral issues per year, not just once a year. It is a free publication. Too bad East Tennessee doesn't have a publication for High School sports but Murph will do fine for football.

on the ball is really good during football season but it starts to get worse about halfway through basketball season

JCTWP,

I have found the best way is to go to Murphy's website and get the address and mail a check or money order and they will ship you one. It always arrives about the time they come out in stores (last week in July). That way you don't risk driving around and some stores either not having it or being sold out.

Alright. Thanks.