PRE SEASON 2A TOP 5

freeacen

Just for the record, Goodpasture did not win their region last year.

I, for one, agree that CAK was the second best team last year, if for no other reason than their scheme on both sides of the ball.

Goodpasture was WAAAAAY too predictable on offense and had no speed to slow down Alcoa on defense.

CAK could mix it up with the run and the pass (though Kolinsky will carry the ball a lot more this year) and had some athletes on the other side of the ball that would have made GP drive the length of the field and would have limited big plays.

Just my .02 worth.

Oh, and I already have reservations for Murfreesboro.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say that I think that the Milan 'Dawgs will be in the 'boro strong and proud. They'll outlast Goodpasture this year, I believe. I do see Milan keeping the Alcoa game within 3 TD's if you want to consider that close, lol... It'll be better than the beat down McKenzie received last year in 1A!

I'll say that I think that the Milan 'Dawgs will be in the 'boro strong and proud. They'll outlast Goodpasture this year, I believe. I do see Milan keeping the Alcoa game within 3 TD's if you want to consider that close, lol... It'll be better than the beat down McKenzie received last year in 1A!

Anything would be better than that game. SP could have scored 100 had they kept the starters in and kept the throttle wide open on offense. McKenzie was the worst Blue Cross Bowl team that I have seen at any level. They had a great season and beat who they had to beat in order to get to the Boro but they would have never beaten SP. The teams could have played 100 times and the outcome would never change.

Alcoa will kill Milan too...if they do indeed get there.

LIke everone else on this thred i will play the game, but the outcome is INEVITABLE.

1. ALCOA- this team is loaded from coaches to players plain and simple people.

2. GP, Milan- Its a toss up two really good teams.

3.GP,Milan

4.CPA

5.Martin- Westveiw, Camden

Reason for Choices:

Alcoa- I think its clear why.(Playing for 5th consecutive title this season.)

GP/Milan- GP has been dominated the past three (3) meetings between Alcoa, NO DISRESPECT MEANT only truth.

Milan- Came up short against GP last season, and was within one game of facing the Tornadoes.

CPA- A darn good team two years ago, and seems they are returning to that same level of play.

MW- This is a good team, and they have proven themselves for the past two seasons.

Camden- This school has finished 6th or betterfor the past 4 years losing in the play-offs to state-runner up GoodpastureState-Runner up Huntington, and once to CPA. This is a team who have been trying to cross the hump, and could do it this year.

Well Gee Golly...let's just cancel the 2008 AA playoffs and hand the Gold Ball to Alcoa

It is about time some else agrees with me I've been expressing that very same sentiment since I started posting on here, but why stop with the 2008 playoffs? Could we not go ahead and declare Alcoa state champs in AAA for at least the next three years under the new playoff format, then we could review their dominance and decide how long extend their reign once again. Now of course they would allow other teams to play them during the regular season so that colleges could scout their atheletes but keeping score would not be necessary against region opponents

Too many superior athletes for Milan.

Last time a Blount Co. team played Milan...Milan beat down a heavily favored Maryville team 28-6 in the state championship game AT Maryville....Thet weren't expecting Milan's speed. Go figure.............

Ok 30 years ago milan beat Maryville you informed us of that two posts ago but that has nothing to do with the fact that Milan can not play with Alcoa Today, Milan can not even play with the other team in 2A, Goodpasture. So now please tell us why Milan can beat Alcoa without mentioning a team that consists of players born prior to the Watergate Scandal.