BA's Loaded

moose

I saw the topic of Hillsborro being loaded and it made me wonder what team could be more stacked when I thought of BA. They have so many potential D1 players with Thad McHaney, Barry Dabney, Jeremy Martin, Alex bullard, Ryan Carrethers. Not to mention their running back who had a bang up year when Chris Jordan was injured. How will other teams in D2 stack up and how do other teams in the state compair talent wise?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my understanding that since they have such a strong team this year Maryville, Riverdale and others are calling the school every day wanting a game. The other coaches have now decided it wouldn't be a waste of their time to play BA and that BA finally may be able to give them a good game.

I didn't hear that one. I had heard talk of the creation of a Division 3 consisting of all the private schools on Granny White Pike that offer financial aid. While there are some obvious problems to be sorted out, you've automatically qualified for playoffs, and your travel costs in the postseason should be pretty minimal. And the state championship game on a Monday morning in Murfreesboro should bring in a very attractive gate as well.

I didn't hear that one. I had heard talk of the creation of a Division 3 consisting of all the private schools on Granny White Pike that offer financial aid. While there are some obvious problems to be sorted out, you've automatically qualified for playoffs, and your travel costs in the postseason should be pretty minimal. And the state championship game on a Monday morning in Murfreesboro should bring in a very attractive gate as well.

BINGO, Give that man a cigar!!!!!!!

It is my understanding that since they have such a strong team this year Maryville, Riverdale and others are calling the school every day wanting a game. The other coaches have now decided it wouldn't be a waste of their time to play BA and that BA finally may be able to give them a good game.

Riverdale is old news and doesn't scare anyone anymore. Maryville is the 12 time defending Blount County champion.

Big deal.

I saw the topic of Hillsborro being loaded and it made me wonder what team could be more stacked when I thought of BA. They have so many potential D1 players with Thad McHaney, Barry Dabney, Jeremy Martin, Alex bullard, Ryan Carrethers. Not to mention their running back who had a bang up year when Chris Jordan was injured. How will other teams in D2 stack up and how do other teams in the state compair talent wise?

I was amazed listening to the first MBA-BA game, and watching the State Championship, how many juniors and sophomores BA had. It was a very talented, young team, and I would expect them to be very powerful this year. I'm hoping all the expectations either go to their heads, or cause them to wilt under pressure, though I see almost no probability of either. My fervent hope is that MBA's talented but inexperienced starters will mature quickly. As I've said elsewhere, if BA isn't in the finals, there should be an investigation.

If Riverdale is a state title contender in 5A this year then Franklin HS better attempt to become the next expansion team in the NFL because they whipped Riverdale very badly.

The Warriors are done. Aydelott has completely killed the football program that Rankin had turned into one of the southeast's premiere powerhouses.

I don't care how loaded BA is every year, their 4-12 against their biggest rival in MBA and if they do beat the boys from West End, they lose in the game when it matters. At BA they talk the talk, but haven't walked the walked except once in the past 15 years.....and their suppose to be a powerhouse???? By the way does BA do any type of academic work during the day at school???

They weren't even the best team in Blount County last year... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />