Red Banks Alan Walden commits to vols

trojanman6

Alan Walden comitted this weekend to UT. He just got back from the sunbelt where he threw a 3 hit shutout against team Miss.He also just completed the tryouts at the east coast showcase where he was 1 of the few chosen for the team.He was clocked between 86 and 92 at the sunbelt consitantly for the entire game and from 89 to 93 at the showcase.Great pickup for the vols and conrats to Mr. Walden keep on rollin and we will see your name on next years draft boards.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Walden comitted this weekend to UT. He just got back from the sunbelt where he threw a 3 hit shutout against team Miss.He also just completed the tryouts at the east coast showcase where he was 1 of the few chosen for the team.He was clocked between 86 and 92 at the sunbelt consitantly for the entire game and from 89 to 93 at the showcase.Great pickup for the vols and conrats to Mr. Walden keep on rollin and we will see your name on next years draft boards.

RHP or LHP?

Congrats Alan. We wish you the best of luck and we're praying for ya.

Do you mean 07 regular season for Ooltewah? Without a change of residence he shouldn't have been eligible. Really though Ooltewah shouldn't ever complain about players switching schools.

Yes, the 07 team. And yeah i know, i was the first baseman that had played for them for 3 years and got screwed because we got the "transfers." But i stuck it out even though i was sitting the bench. Alan was playing and still quit. He's a good kid for the most part but he really shouldnt have gotten to play this year. Any regular Joe player like me wouldnt have gotten to play so why should he?

I'm not sure, maybe he didn't start playing until one full year after his last game with Ooltewah, or they declared for hardship and it was granted. Did he change residence?

His last game at ooltewah was late in the season so i can't see him pitching 10 games without playing before halfway through the season. But i dont know if he moved. but even so he shouldnt have gotten to play. that TSSAA rules isnt it?

First of all his family did move into an apartment so he would be eligable at redbank and he did everything by the book. Why dont you get off of his back you have been bad mouthing him on more than this sight !!! How would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot ? Thats what i dont understand i have been around him all summer and he has never said one thing bad about Ooltewah!!! He is a great guy and from what i have heard from other people is ther was about 11 kids that left so get off of his back G.M. !!!!!!!!!!!

From the way I understand it's supposed to be more than just renting an apartment, it's utilities turned off at the previous residence and an actual "move." That being said, I can't see Red Bank not checking everything out to make sure it was all done properly, given that the move was to a district opponent and involved a high-profile talent.