top players in 13aa

ucoc

I think cj & nick gilliam are the best two in the district. CJ's been on better teams is the only reason everyone thinks he the best in the district. Gilliam's been carrying Obion since his freshman year. When CJ had to carry Dyer county they won 3 games. He's a good player but I think Gilliam is as talented as anyone.

OC didn't win that many games when Gilliam was a freshman either, but Gilliam is a good player he gets hurt alot and that has kept him out of some people's minds. When OC came to DC their freshman year Gilliam had a huge game and we (the staff) wondered if Gilliam was better tham CJ. CJ has proven himself time and time again that he can play in tough situations and through injuries. I like them both. So I guess I am saying I agree. Lloyd is a player in the making he is a good athlete and is in good hands at Westview.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen CJ play with a nationally ranked AAU team agaisnt somve very very good cpmpetetion. And what I saw CJ do in the Fluton game was amazing. I also saw him play against Liberty, Bolivar, and Dburg, as well. That's what I base my opinion on. Has nothing to do with him being on a superior team. My guess is Dyer County not only had a superior team but also played a far superior schedule than Obion Central.

I think cj & nick gilliam are the best two in the district. CJ's been on better teams is the only reason everyone thinks he the best in the district. Gilliam's been carrying Obion since his freshman year. When CJ had to carry Dyer county they won 3 games. He's a good player but I think Gilliam is as talented as anyone.

Do you really believe the only reason people think CJ is better is because he plays for DC. I would be willing to bet some have seen both enough to make a honest fair judgement. Are your from UC or somewhere in Obion County?

CJ would be a top player REGARDLESS what team he was on. He is a PLAY MAKER......can make a play when there isn't one. That was proven in the Fulton game. He can read a court...something others can't. AAU broadens his scope......when you play with some of the best in entire state and other states and can hold your own....says something in my book. Be glad...VERY GLAD he doesn't still play football....bunch of teams would be eating dirt on a regular basis /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I thought I recognized you. Now we know the real reason why you said what you said. Turns out it has nothing to do with talent or who is really the better player....you people are so predictable. It appears you don't like Dyer County.

Ucoc: Ya'll talk about Justin Blake he couldn;t wear MJ's jock strap.

I thought I recognized you. Now we know the real reason why you said what you said. Turns out it has nothing to do with talent or who is really the better player....you people are so predictable. It appears you don't like Dyer County.

Ucoc: Ya'll talk about Justin Blake he couldn;t wear MJ's jock strap.

Be nice if ucoc would answer on the MJ thread....guess that is NOT gonna happen /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Seems like Blake will be suiting up this upcoming season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Be nice if ucoc would answer on the MJ thread....guess that is NOT gonna happen /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Seems like Blake will be suiting up this upcoming season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That is true /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> CJ is the best player in the district...hands down!!!!

I have nothing against DC I just thought MJ was a better player than Blake. MJ could do it all & Blake is a spot up shooter but both are good players in their own way. Same goes for CJ he penetrates & dishes. He is not a threat to beat you on the perimeter. If DC hasn't got someone to fill Blake shoes then I don't think he will be as effective. You talk about Gilliam being hurt he's been hurt once during the season & that was because Kail made them do 500 pushups after a game last year & he strained a shoulder tendon. He dislocated his ankle in May but I've heard he back playing & is completely healthy. Like I said both are good but Gilliam can take you off the dribble & shoot the 3 where in my opinion CJ will not hurt you if you go zone & make him shoot the ball.

I have nothing against DC I just thought MJ was a better player than Blake. MJ could do it all & Blake is a spot up shooter but both are good players in their own way. Same goes for CJ he penetrates & dishes. He is not a threat to beat you on the perimeter. If DC hasn't got someone to fill Blake shoes then I don't think he will be as effective. You talk about Gilliam being hurt he's been hurt once during the season & that was because Kail made them do 500 pushups after a game last year & he strained a shoulder tendon. He dislocated his ankle in May but I've heard he back playing & is completely healthy. Like I said both are good but Gilliam can take you off the dribble & shoot the 3 where in my opinion CJ will not hurt you if you go zone & make him shoot the ball.

Just because he does take alot of threes doesn't mean he can't hit' em. When DC was short handed Pierce and Blake were on the bench in the fulton game he hit a few. It's not his fault he isn't asked to do as much as Gilliam.

They do have someone to fill Blake's shoes and the kid is only a Freshman this year and goes by the name of John Hudson. John will be Justin Blake all over again, mark my words! If John stays injury free he'll be winding up at an Austin-Peay, Murray St., or maybe even bigger who knows. John is already 6'3-6'4 and can shoot the lights out.

As for Gilliam beating someone off the dribble, he may do it in our District against slower opponents but I bet you if he had CJ guarding him or Gallman from Knox Fulton guarding him he wouldn't beat either off the dribble. Gilliam is a good player in our District but not when he is compared to players statewide. CJ is compared to players statewide and better yet nationally due to his performances in AAU with Mid-State. I agree that CJ lacks on his perimeter shooting but his drive and dishes make up for that in the end. You say throw a 2-3 zone all them then all he has to do is attack the gaps and then that 2-3 zone is blown up. I've talked to a player from GC that guarded him (probably the best player in 2007) and he told me that CJ is ALOT faster while down on the court rather than seeing him from the stands. This came from a player that was pretty quick himself.

from somebody that has first hand knowledge the past few years of all things discussed in this thread....

Here's the rundown... Nick is a very smart, tough, do anything it takes to win young man who is obviously the biggest threat obion co. has. The fact is however that CJ is a better ALL AROUND player and athlete: better speed, quickness, leaping ability, balance, etc. CJ's shot has improved greatly over the past two years so dont sell him short on beating you with the 3 ball.

When it boils down to it CJ will most likely be big D2 or mid-major D1 while in my honest "semiprofessional" opinion Nick will be NAIA (lambuth, bethel, etc) at best. And as for replacing Blake, Pierce will do that just fine. GC, dont put too much stock in Hudson just yet as it will be tougher on him as a freshman playing in H.S. than it ever has for him. Give him a couple of years and he'll probably be the best player in the district, but as for now dont expect too much other than a good role player as a freshman.

As for MJ vs Blake... dont hold MJ's bad decision making as a sign of who the better player is. He has similar offers from mid-major schools and just got bad advice and now is paying the price. Blake "suiting up next year" and MJ not doesnt validate who is better.

from somebody that has first hand knowledge the past few years of all things discussed in this thread....

As for MJ vs Blake... dont hold MJ's bad decision making as a sign of who the better player is. He has similar offers from mid-major schools and just got bad advice and now is paying the price. Blake "suiting up next year" and MJ not doesnt validate who is better.

Never meant "suiting up" as validation of who is better. I ENJOYED watching BOTH of them play. Hate to see any kid paying a price for bad advice given. Maybe a lesson for all adults is to do what is best for the child....and not their own egos.