Class 2A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

Short answer: NO

Long anser:

1. Tyner struggled some last year and as far as I know they dont have a that much better of a team back this year. Tyner is always good and they always have talent but I believe they went out in the first round last year and that would mean they lost to the 4th place form region 4...if that is the case, enough said!

2. I live in west Tennessee and I personally saw 3 teams last year that have returning talent that would cruise against any team in region 3.

3. As far as your comment about Boyd not being ranked...you jump to conclusions way to easy. I completely agree with the voters...Boyd shouldnt be ranked and they shouldnt have received any votes! They doesnt change my opinion that Tyner shouldnt be ranked 5th. I be there isnt another team in the state that didnt get out of the first round of last years playoff ranked in the top 5 in any classification but you are welcome to correct me if I am wrong.

I assume you think they should be? If so, why? I didnt know Bledsoe County fans loved Tyner so much

Bledsoe fans don't love Tyner but we do pull for our region foes that play private schools.... I would love for Tyner, Sequatchie, Marion and Bledsoe to all beat Boyd this year.... But we'll see when the season starts....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. "as far as you know"...you should have stopped right there with the key strokes because obviously you don't know what you are talking about...I'll be the first to admit that the "RAMS" did stuggle at times, however they did show an awful lot of potential and I can assure you if that final drive against South Pittsburg had ended in a TD instead of a fumble inside the 10 yard line, our season would not have ended in the 1st round. It just goes to show you what a "big" game against an eventual State Champion and the toll it took on the Ram players. Same thing happened against Knoxville Fulton. I'm not making any excuses but those two games were the turning point in our season in 2007.

2. I guess they have "fantasy high-school football" in West Tennessee if you can come to that conclusion!!!

3. There may not have been another team ranked in the top 10 that lost in the 2nd round but if you look at the entire season you can see why Murphy Fair made his prediction...and that is all that it is!!!>>> A PRE-SEASON GUESS!!!

I know that tough losses can change seasons so I'll give you that. Have you ever seen any of the 2A teams form west Tennessee? Milan, Westview, Peabody, and Huntigton could all beat Tyner...not saying that they always would but I would put my money on them...and its not "fantasy"

Bledsoe fans don't love Tyner but we do pull for our region foes that play private schools.... I would love for Tyner, Sequatchie, Marion and Bledsoe to all beat Boyd this year.... But we'll see when the season starts....

All I can do is laugh at this comment. This is not about Boyd being better than Tyner cause they are not I am just saying that Tyner isnt the best 2A tema in TN. All the other schools I mentioned in the previous post are public schools and I can assure you that not all the region 3 teams will beat Boyd and honestly I hope they put the worst whipping on the bledsoe boys.

All I can do is laugh at this comment. This is not about Boyd being better than Tyner cause they are not I am just saying that Tyner isnt the best 2A tema in TN. All the other schools I mentioned in the previous post are public schools and I can assure you that not all the region 3 teams will beat Boyd and honestly I hope they put the worst whipping on the bledsoe boys.

Who said Tyner was the best 2A team in the state? Nobody said that.......

I know that tough losses can change seasons so I'll give you that. Have you ever seen any of the 2A teams form west Tennessee? Milan, Westview, Peabody, and Huntigton could all beat Tyner...not saying that they always would but I would put my money on them...and its not "fantasy"

...No, I haven't seen any of the 2A teams recently in West Tennessee...the only time Tyner has played a team from that area of the state was in '96 and '97...we lost to Melrose and beat Union City in State Champioship games back then...on a given day any team is capable of beating another team but that still won't change Murphy Fair's poll...deal with it and we'll see how the season plays-out!!!

Short answer: NO

Long anser:

1. Tyner struggled some last year and as far as I know they dont have a that much better of a team back this year. Tyner is always good and they always have talent but I believe they went out in the first round last year and that would mean they lost to the 4th place form region 4...if that is the case, enough said!

2. I live in west Tennessee and I personally saw 3 teams last year that have returning talent that would cruise against any team in region 3.

3. As far as your comment about Boyd not being ranked...you jump to conclusions way to easy. I completely agree with the voters...Boyd shouldnt be ranked and they shouldnt have received any votes! They doesnt change my opinion that Tyner shouldnt be ranked 5th. I be there isnt another team in the state that didnt get out of the first round of last years playoff ranked in the top 5 in any classification but you are welcome to correct me if I am wrong.

I assume you think they should be? If so, why? I didnt know Bledsoe County fans loved Tyner so much

Well, I've got three points to make. One, yes we struggled some, but who wouldn't. We played 2 State Champion football teams, however, at some point in those two games, we were in position to win. We led Knox Fulton 21-6 at half, but let it slip through our hands. We lost to South Pittsburg due to a lost fumble within the ten yard line in the 4th Quarter. So, yes, we struggled against talented teams. But, at the same time, who wouldn't? I believe Murphy Fair sees that. Two, as far as the "Don't have much of a team returning" statement, we will disregard that. People say that about us every year. And contrary to that statement, we end up in the playoffs. Three, Tyner didn't lose in the first round, it was a second-round loss to DCA. Just wanted to clarify that. Milan didn't make it to the semifinals last year, they got put out in the second round and CPA got put out in the second round. So if you want to go by "playoff standings" We have a state team, state runner-up, and 3 Quarter-finalists. So it's not so surprising that there is a team that lost in the 2nd round in the Top 5, is there? Nah, didn't think so.

Also, I would just like to point out that I feel a little desperation on this comment. By the way, BBuc24, who ever said that Tyner was the best? I believe that Murphy Fair simply said that we were Fifth best.

By the way, BBuc24, who ever said that Tyner was the best? I believe that Murphy Fair simply said that we were Fifth best.

I just wanted to make sure you know Murphy Fair didn't say they were the 5th best team in the state. The poll is from his preseason magazine but the poll is from the all the coaches in the state that returned his surveys for the magazine.

This is whats listed above the polls on his website!

The preseason ranking by coaches is Tennessee’s only published ranking of high school teams before the start of the season. Teams are ranked by total number of Top-10 votes by coaches throughout the state. First-place votes are from coaches in poll classification.

Any high school football poll is of no real value...especially preseason polls. Everyone acts like they factor into what happens in the post-season like college polls. I think the only real value is the cash Murphy Fair gets for putting the stuff together.

preseason polls are somewhat just interesting reading, but this was a coaches poll and i feel that gives the poll a little bit of credability. the games are a little more than a month away. we shall see how the season progresses. i think tyner's speed is what makes them the region favorite and a solid top 10 2A team.

Glad to see the football talk has started back up!!!!

Ramfan -- if you know of any scrimmages coming up in the next few weeks please post them!!

August 1st- @ DeKalb County, 6p ET

August 8th- @ Tyner, 5:30p, Coffee County & McMinn County

August 15th- @ Kingston, 6:30p ET

August 16th - Jamboree vs. Baylor, 7:30p