West TN basketball for 2008-09

coachgat

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolivar i think only lost 2 seniors from a substate team that lost to the eventual champ in AA

Middleton also only lost 2 or 3 seniors and brings back Crum and McKinnie who were instrumental in getting them to State in A

I also like BTW out of Memphis in the AA to make some noise. They return their three lady punch with Jessica Brown, Jaquita Burt and Daria Hester to lead the way. These three were all metro this past year and that’s not including Monique Ingram who is also a returning starter. BTW went 26-7 last year and won the AA Memphis City Championship. If they manage get some steady guard play and are able to drop the ball in to the block a little more with Hester and Brown - look for them to make some noise statewide this upcoming year!

I also like BTW out of Memphis in the AA to make some noise. They return their three lady punch with Jessica Brown, Jaquita Burt and Daria Hester to lead the way. These three were all metro this past year and that’s not including Monique Ingram who is also a returning starter. BTW went 26-7 last year and won the AA Memphis City Championship. If they manage get some steady guard play and are able to drop the ball in to the block a little more with Hester and Brown - look for them to make some noise statewide this upcoming year!

BTW had a good and athletic team. They just get play against better coached teams when they get to sub-state. If they win their Region they moreless get punished by either having to play an Obion Co., Gibson Co., Martin Westview, or a Milan team whom every year are talented from top to bottom. I remember last year in sub-state BTW was probably one of the most athletic teams we played. Put 1 of these coaches from 13AA with that BTW group and they would be VERY VERY VERY dangerous. They should have another successful year as they return the bulk of their talent and they could very well possibly pull an upset in sub-state. Good Luck to BTW this year!

BTW had a good and athletic team. They just get play against better coached teams when they get to sub-state. If they win their Region they moreless get punished by either having to play an Obion Co., Gibson Co., Martin Westview, or a Milan team whom every year are talented from top to bottom. I remember last year in sub-state BTW was probably one of the most athletic teams we played. Put 1 of these coaches from 13AA with that BTW group and they would be VERY VERY VERY dangerous. They should have another successful year as they return the bulk of their talent and they could very well possibly pull an upset in sub-state. Good Luck to BTW this year!

Last year BTW traveled to a tough Gibson County where they came off the bus very sluggish and ran into a team that shot the ball very well from the field. As for coaching, Derek Hunter has over 750 wins in his career. BTW has been in the substate the last three years making it past a strong Martin Westview two years ago, when people where saying BTW would get out coached. I appreciate the fact that you believe your coaches are the best in the world but the good home cooking teams get when a Memphis team comes to town also helps. The key for Memphis team to get to the state is to win their region. If they have to travel, other factors come into play and trust me coaching has little to do with it. Not taking anything away from Gibson County last year or Jackson Northside three years ago, they both implemented great game plans. Just no that BTW will be a contender and look to make a real challenge for the AA crown.

Last year BTW traveled to a tough Gibson County where they came off the bus very sluggish and ran into a team that shot the ball very well from the field. As for coaching, Derek Hunter has over 750 wins in his career. BTW has been in the substate the last three years making it past a strong Martin Westview two years ago, when people where saying BTW would get out coached. I appreciate the fact that you believe your coaches are the best in the world but the good home cooking teams get when a Memphis team comes to town also helps. The key for Memphis team to get to the state is to win their region. If they have to travel, other factors come into play and trust me coaching has little to do with it. Not taking anything away from Gibson County last year or Jackson Northside three years ago, they both implemented great game plans. Just no that BTW will be a contender and look to make a real challenge for the AA crown.

Coach Hunter is one of the best..........forgive GCPioneer, he gets sort of narrow-minded sometimes. Just remember, that "home cooking" occurs both ways big boy. I have seen that happen to the visiting Region 7 team for many years regardless of who it is. That is just part of it and why it is so important to win your region.