Class 3A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

Believe it or not, I do like the team....but don't care for being around most of their fans. I'm a friend of Brandon's, and his sister Amber. I'm acquainted with their parents, too. But just because I'm his friend and know some of the coaches, it doesn't mean I'm blind to the fact that they won't be a match for the top 3 (and maybe top 4) teams in region 4-3A. That's not being critical or negative, it's just stating the truth. The same truth most Central fans don't want to face or accept. Region 3-3A is an average at best region for football. History has proven that over and over. When Central's walk backs up their fans' talk, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong and gladly indulge in crow. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

You keep talking about Central fans saying they are going to State. Are you sure you are not listening to basketball fans? I have never heard one fan talk about State. Maybe you are jealous of coach D. Did he beat you out of the QB position or something years ago? With friends like you I would hate to have enemies! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't have to worry about that, but you may have to worry about mass suicides for the Central fans when they're unrealistic dreams are burst yet again. Central "may" win one round in the playoffs this year, but after that it will be ugly for them.

Wrecking Crew seems like all or most of your posts have been about BIG BLUE. Its ok you can be a BIG BLUE fan. Its fun and exciting. Win or lose we love the BIG BLUE. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Charlie, the truth is he wasn't doing good even prior to that last ridiculous statement. That's my point about many of the Charger fans who live on the fringe of lunacy with their constant mistruths and statements that only have a tidbit of truth to them.

ridiculous statement? you are saying south pitt and redbank and coffee co are cupcakes? you talk about the truth all the time, but saying those teams who central will be playing this preseason are not quality opponents couldn't be further from the truth. just remember crew...just stay around on these boards this season...i want to hear what you have to say throughout the season about the chargers.......

we all will have to do the same if meigs makes the playoffs this year

Meigs will be OK as long as they stay healthy. Gary Shoot has stepped in at QB and is one the the best football players in the region. You also have Tommy Bunch, Cody Hurst, Matthew Wilcoxin and Dylan Neely providing senior leardership. We will be playing with a chip on our shoulder after being abandoned by our coach (martin), QB and others. Meigs is known for playing smash mouth football and you will REALLY see it this year! Practice has been going well with Coach Eller working hard to inspire the kids. I was at practice this week and was impressed with the level of excitement the players have shown (didn't see alot of this last year). The players will follow Shoot. The kid has outstanding leadership qualities and his teamates respect him because he is a team player.

I can't make any predictions this year but we should contend for a playoff spot if we stay healthy. Our region is weak, our(region 3-3A) playoff record speaks for itself. I wish all the teams good luck but I don't see anyone making past the second round. Remember that several of our schools are 2A teams that chose to play 3A and that hurts our region in the playoffs. Not sure about that decision.

Wrecking Crew seems like all or most of your posts have been about BIG BLUE. Its ok you can be a BIG BLUE fan. Its fun and exciting. Win or lose we love the BIG BLUE. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Not real sure about that statement " Win or Lose we love the BIG BLUE" I think everyone loved them last year when they were very good and winning, but I did not see the support when they were 2-9. Maybe love does not mean that people actually go to the games and watch(secret love).

Not real sure about that statement " Win or Lose we love the BIG BLUE" I think everyone loved them last year when they were very good and winning, but I did not see the support when they were 2-9. Maybe love does not mean that people actually go to the games and watch(secret love).

You're right, another ridiculous statement. Prior to last year you could have heard a pin drop at most Central home games. Before the team got competitive last season most opponents would have far more fans at Central's home field. Brandon has done a good job at turning the program around to be one of the favorites in a weak region.

In general Central is a basketball school with a lot of support. Their football program has the fairweather fans. Speaking of basketball, I think the Chargerettes will win the state this coming season.

You're right, another ridiculous statement. Prior to last year you could have heard a pin drop at most Central home games. Before the team got competitive last season most opponents would have far more fans at Central's home field. Brandon has done a good job at turning the program around to be one of the favorites in a weak region.

In general Central is a basketball school with a lot of support. Their football program has the fairweather fans. Speaking of basketball, I think the Chargerettes will win the state this coming season.

Another ridiculous statement. We out numbered Sequoyah at their home field 2 years ago when we were 3-7. You are correct that we follow the BIG BLUE more now but Central Fans will Travel anywhere for their Chargers. Lets see how many Tiger fans follow Meigs when they are losing.

We out numbered Sequoyah at their home field 2 years ago

That wasn't hard to do back then. If you had 50 people (or less) in the stands that year, you outnumbered Sequoyah. They have the most fair weather fans. When things are good, you can't find a seat. When there bad, its really bad.

Another ridiculous statement. We out numbered Sequoyah at their home field 2 years ago when we were 3-7. You are correct that we follow the BIG BLUE more now but Central Fans will Travel anywhere for their Chargers. Lets see how many Tiger fans follow Meigs when they are losing.

Excuse me, I'm still laughing hysterically at what you said. You're actually bragging that you outnumbered Sequoyah fans at their stadium two years ago???!!! Like that's something to be proud of???!!! I've seen more people at Little League games than I've seen at Sequoyah High football games! As I said, Central is the epitome of fairweather football fans.

I don't know what Meigs County has to do with this conversation, but I remember them having about 3 times as many fans as Central had 2 years ago in Etowah. Best I remember, Meigs has a very faithful following in every sport. Thats probably because their football tradition is more than a year old. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />