Class 3A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

You nailed it my friend! Central lost to a very average team last year when they lost to Greenbrier. The Chargers can offer all the excuses they want, but Greenbrier physically whipped them. One of Greenbrier's assistant coaches is a friend of mine and he said their players were shocked at halftime talking about how Central wasn't that good of a team. They were surprised Central had won their region and about how they showed no heart or fight playing in the playoffs in their own stadium. I was at the game and would have to agree.....Central couldn't create any offense against a team which had given up a lot of points during the season, ans which game up something like 39 points the next week in their loss to White House, I believe.

I live near Etowah and all I hear about from many fans is how they think they're going to play for the state championship this year because of all the returning players and players transferring in. I can understand the enthusiasm, but these people are on the borderline of being lunatic! Winning the region championship is fine to brag about, but winning it in a weak region doesn't make you world-beaters. Ask Notre-Dame, Meigs, and Polk. Central had their chance to scrimmage Alcoa, but quickly and quietly declined. If they want to find out their mettle, their going to have to play someone good. Waiting until you reach the playoffs is too late to find out what you need to work on strengthening.

Ho Hum, more facts from the clueless, Centrals scrimmage schedule is as follows: Spring: ALCOA, results Central 1's = 2 TD's Alcoa 1's =1 TD, McMinn 2 - zip Central. Fall schedule: Coffee Co a 4A school, South Pittsburg 2 time defending Class A Champions, and Red Bank a 4A Region Champ that gave Maryville all they wanted last year. Yea Mr. "I got the Facts", Central is really dodging good competition!!! Keep coming back Wrecking Crew, this is fun!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"and Red Bank a 4A Region Champ that gave Maryville all they wanted last year". You were doing good until the last part of that statement. Maryville 52 - Red Bank 20. You may want to check your facts before you question others.

Charlie, the truth is he wasn't doing good even prior to that last ridiculous statement. That's my point about many of the Charger fans who live on the fringe of lunacy with their constant mistruths and statements that only have a tidbit of truth to them.

Charlie, the truth is he wasn't doing good even prior to that last ridiculous statement. That's my point about many of the Charger fans who live on the fringe of lunacy with their constant mistruths and statements that only have a tidbit of truth to them.

The more I think about it, You must be a closet Charger fan. It's ok. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I may have stretched the "Maryville statement" a little, but not the rest. Crew, I owe you an apology, I guess when I was a kid and was telling the "Little Moron" jokes, you must have really been offended, and for that I truly apologize!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I may have stretched the "Maryville statement" a little, but not the rest. Crew, I owe you an apology, I guess when I was a kid and was telling the "Little Moron" jokes, you must have really been offended, and for that I truly apologize!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

No, not offended at all by blind sheep who drink the blue Kool-Aid. I feel sorry for people who make statements as you did and actually believe what you said. Those who's expectations are so unrealisitic, only to see their dreams shatered so early in the playoffs can be very detrimental to their psyche', so I'll be gentle with you. Have a great day! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The more I think about it, You must be a closet Charger fan. It's ok. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Believe it or not, I do like the team....but don't care for being around most of their fans. I'm a friend of Brandon's, and his sister Amber. I'm acquainted with their parents, too. But just because I'm his friend and know some of the coaches, it doesn't mean I'm blind to the fact that they won't be a match for the top 3 (and maybe top 4) teams in region 4-3A. That's not being critical or negative, it's just stating the truth. The same truth most Central fans don't want to face or accept. Region 3-3A is an average at best region for football. History has proven that over and over. When Central's walk backs up their fans' talk, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong and gladly indulge in crow. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

if central goes to the state championship game i will probably get ready for the end of the world to come...

You won't have to worry about that, but you may have to worry about mass suicides for the Central fans when they're unrealistic dreams are burst yet again. Central "may" win one round in the playoffs this year, but after that it will be ugly for them.

Has anyone from region3-3A made it to or past the third round since Sequoyah did it in 1999? Not looking for an argument, just seeking information. Sequoyah went to the third round in 1999 after beating Greenbrier (14-7) and White House (28-21). Played Portland in the third round and lost 46-28. Traded scores with Portland until late in the third quarter. I know that was some time ago, but just wondering what the region has done since then?

Has anyone from region3-3A made it to or past the third round since Sequoyah did it in 1999? Not looking for an argument, just seeking information. Sequoyah went to the third round in 1999 after beating Greenbrier (14-7) and White House (28-21). Played Portland in the third round and lost 46-28. Traded scores with Portland until late in the third quarter. I know that was some time ago, but just wondering what the region has done since then?

I dont think they have and you are right. That was the year that Howard was ranked in the state in the preseason and didnt win a single game. The wouldve went deep but they lost their bigtime players in Cal, McCauley, Talley, and Macon. Not to mention Jemario Thurman transferred to Brainerd. But Sequoyah had Nathan Brackett who was a solid player but these guys from Howard put up big numbers their junior year and all were out their senior year after the second game due to injury. But our region has struggled in the playoffs