Class 3A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

Excuse me, I'm still laughing hysterically at what you said. You're actually bragging that you outnumbered Sequoyah fans at their stadium two years ago???!!! Like that's something to be proud of???!!! I've seen more people at Little League games than I've seen at Sequoyah High football games! As I said, Central is the epitome of fairweather football fans.

I don't know what Meigs County has to do with this conversation, but I remember them having about 3 times as many fans as Central had 2 years ago in Etowah. Best I remember, Meigs has a very faithful following in every sport. Thats probably because their football tradition is more than a year old. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was just pointing out that we outnumbered one of our opponents at their home field. Now that I pointed that out of course thats a ridiculous statement. By the way who are you a fan of? Let me guess no-one.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea it will be the end of the world in your book cause the chargers will be playing in a state championship.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH you cant be serious dude!! Come on!! Central in a state championship? The only time i remember them in a Championship of any kind is the two years ole coach morgan failed to win the gold ball.... He needs some coach lessons from ole ronnie davie down at polk /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH you cant be serious dude!! Come on!! Central in a state championship? The only time i remember them in a Championship of any kind is the two years ole coach morgan failed to win the gold ball.... He needs some coach lessons from ole ronnie davie down at polk /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

well that is the teams goal this year they have a great senior class with lots of leadership... it may be a crazy goal but if your gonna dream you gotta dream big ya no

wrecking crew you can't be a friend of Coach Derricks like you claim... if you are.. you're the worst friend i've ever seen... i'm not saying you have to get on here and cheer for the Chargers but if you were a friend as you claimed you wouldn't get on here and trash the school and program that he is working so hard for... he spends countless hours at the school working for the program while you sit on here and trash talk the fans and the school... yeah a lot of people didn't really care about the program before... they didn't have a lot of reason and the coaches didn't really push people to become interested in it... but Coach Derrick changed all that and even in his first season when we weren't region champs we still had a lot of fans because we had a coach that pushed people to back the team... and as for the crack on Coach Morgan... he's a great basketball coach who got beat in the state championship by a great Livingston Academy team... just because ya'lls coach got a gold ball doesn't make him a better coach... and i'm glad ya'll had some success in girls basketball at some point and you feel like you can rub that in our faces but if i recal correctly... Central's girls have walked all over polk county's girls lately... but this is football.. and i'll go ahead and go on record saying i think Central's football team is going to walk all over polk's this year... no overtime necessary...

Excuse me, I'm still laughing hysterically at what you said. You're actually bragging that you outnumbered Sequoyah fans at their stadium two years ago???!!!  Like that's something to be proud of???!!!  I've seen more people at Little League games than I've seen at Sequoyah High football games!  As I said, Central is the epitome of fairweather football fans.I don't know what Meigs County has to do with this conversation, but I remember them having about 3 times as many fans as Central had 2 years ago in Etowah.  Best I remember, Meigs has a very faithful following in every sport.  Thats probably because their football tradition is more than a year old.  /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Fair weather football fans? You seem to know allot about McMinn Central football, and how many are at the games, what the coaches are saying, are you sure you are not someone at the school that is jealous of Coach D? Is Coach D stealing some of your limelight?All I know is when I look into the stands on Fri Night I see our fans cheering.

there is no hope for this wrechingcrew guy. no matter how well central does it will never be good enough. he will find something to be negative about. as for the fairweather fan thing....that kinda thing goes on everywhere...but i can tell you that when i was at central during the rough years i still had a lot of people supporting the teams I was on....win or lose.

hey wrechingcrew...you never have let me know if you will stick around the boards throughout the year........ can't wait to hear your negative comments on all of central's victories....

yeah.. i hope he sticks around... and good point smokey... everywhere has fair weather fans.. but Wrecking Crew you acted like central's bleachers were empty... there have always been fans and students that supported the teams... maybe not in as large a quantity as they do now but still fans...

but this is football.. and i'll go ahead and go on record saying i think Central's football team is going to walk all over polk's this year... no overtime necessary...

Noted.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

your gonna hold that one against me if they don't are you? ha well... i hope you don't get too... i think behind the Howard/Central rematch.. the Central/Polk rematch will be the second best game of the year... because both teams seem to hate each other... it'll be a fun football season thats for sure

your gonna hold that one against me if they don't are you? ha well... i hope you don't get too... i think behind the Howard/Central rematch.. the Central/Polk rematch will be the second best game of the year... because both teams seem to hate each other... it'll be a fun football season thats for sure

Since this is a thread for the region, I thought I would post some thoughts on Sequoyah even though no one probably cares. LOL! Sequoyah will struggle this season for the most part with another new head coach. He's having trouble getting assistants. Has one new hire, a young coach, but seems to have a lot of potential. Working on some different schemes on both sides of the ball, but the players seem to be adapting very well, know more once they can put the pads on. Should get better as the season goes on. The Chiefs faithful are not looking past this year for success, but are looking for even brighter days in the future. Good luck to every team in the region this upcoming season. Hope you get treated well on your visits to Sequoyah except when you are on the field! LOL!

Since this is a thread for the region, I thought I would post some thoughts on Sequoyah even though no one probably cares. LOL! Sequoyah will struggle this season for the most part with another new head coach. He's having trouble getting assistants. Has one new hire, a young coach, but seems to have a lot of potential. Working on some different schemes on both sides of the ball, but the players seem to be adapting very well, know more once they can put the pads on. Should get better as the season goes on. The Chiefs faithful are not looking past this year for success, but are looking for even brighter days in the future. Good luck to every team in the region this upcoming season. Hope you get treated well on your visits to Sequoyah except when you are on the field! LOL!

It's hard to get treated bad when your kickin butt.... i wish people wouldnt even post on sequoyah...

now to central... boys i cant wait till the friday in October when them wildcats roll in to the chargers house.... Central has the ability to walk all over polk if they want to... now whether d. davis has them ready to go or not.... we will see.... question is... will #5 be in jail or on the field that night...lol

MOOKIE!!!!