Class 3A: Region 7 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

Wrong in his last three years Counce was 27 and nine. 12 and 2 in 06 (his last year), 10 and 1 in 05 and 5 and 6 in o4. From 02 to 05 Counce won only one play-off game. 1 and 4.

Thats what I was thinking. Whats all the fuss about? Dyersburg has been very common in the playoffs, other than the one trip to the semi's. Some of the people on here make him sound like Don Shula or something.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong in his last three years Counce was 27 and nine. 12 and 2 in 06 (his last year), 10 and 1 in 05 and 5 and 6 in o4. From 02 to 05 Counce won only one play-off game. 1 and 4.

the class of 2009 has seen dyersburg go 32-5 since they were freshmen...... 10-2, 12-2, 10-1 in the last three years....

i am sorry that i failed to make that clear in my post....the record was only for the TEAM...was not trying to make a connection to any coach..... his name was only mentioned in response to the post about "pressure".......

dyersburg loves coach counce......but not because of wins or losses........ coach counce has ONLY won about 70% of his games while at dyersburg..............THIS IS NOT WHY WE LOVE HIS PROGRAM......... it is for what he does for his players.....parents and fans close to the program see what he teaches and instills in their kids..... so often, people lose focus of just how important sports is to our nation......good coaches, along with our sports programs, helps to build great leaders and successful members of our society.....

i am willing to bet that the people of crockett county feel exactly the same way about pa pratt...and there are a lot more "small" towns accross amercia that feel the same way as well.....

coach counce has had far more success in building men, than wins…

He has made TWO trips to the Semis....97 and 06....The 05 team IMO peaked TOO EARLY...They were undefeated during the regular season...then got beat on the last play of the game by a Memphis Sheffield team that quiet frankly they were probably looking past...

I often have the question asked to me?...WHY DO YOU DYERSBURG PEOPLE THINK COUNCE IS SO GREAT?...What has he done?...He has won NO STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS?...NO, he has won NO STATE TITLE....But what amazes me about the man is ....HE HAS NO TALENT...NONE....Oh, sure in the last couple of years he had Beasley and Boo Tettleton...who are playing at Missouri and Austin Peay respectively....An Beau L. and Trey Vernon who will be playing at smaller schools....But year in and year out when we take the field against Haywood, Ripley, Covington...THERE IS NO WAY WE SHOULD EVEN BE ON THE SAME FIELD WHEN IT COMES TO ATHLETES.....In 2006 Ripley had a FRONT FOUR THAT LOOKED LIKE THE TITANS....Haywood SAME THING....Our kids WHILE STRONG...IN Uniform look like Junior High teams compared to the teams we face...yet..in the fourth quarter...That Black and Gold is like the energizer bunny and those other teams are sucking wind...THAT IS WHAT IS REMARKABLE ABOUT JAMES COUNCE...Again, No slight on the kids...But he wins with NO TALENT..Not like you will see year in and year out at Haywood, Ripley, Bolivar, Fayette Ware, ...No way...If he had HALF THE ATHLETES they had...It would be scary..

And check the records...from 1975 until 1993...They made the playoffs TWICE. that's it......Errol Hook had Rod Harris and they made the playoffs...There MIGHT HAVE BEEN ONE OTHER WINNING SEASON... Maybe...or a .500...but from 1975-76 until Counce's third year here WE WERE A DOORMAT...We were the team you scheduled for homecoming... Saw him take that bunch to Melrose in 2004...and get beat 13-7 when they had 9 D-1 players...I don't think we even had a get go to UT- Martin...Amazing..

Yes, this is a rebuilding year for Coach Counce...That bunch that just graduated were UNDEFEATED as freshman..and lost 5 games in 3 years...And I have a sneaking hunch Coach Counce learned something in that loss to Lipscomb which didn't field a team loaded with D-1 talent either....They were STRONGER THAN DYERSBURG...I think this new conditioning program will surprise people....A New qb, a new o-liine ...it will take some time..but watch at the end of the year...There will be games that we win..that we have NO BUSINESS winning based on our athletes...The man just knows how to get the most out of the kids...

And like MG says...There are things that James Counce DOES OFF THE FIELD ...That you never hear of...Or at LEAST YOU WON"T HEAR IT FROM HIM....Lot's of kids who he has HELPED...Kids from SINGLE PARENT HOMES...who he has turned around ..kids who were facing a choice of being "locked up or covered up"...and Sports and Coach Counce TURNED these kids around....I know one lady who is a single parent who personally told me...."Coach Counce introduced himself...Said..."Are you ***** mother?"....If he gives you ANY TROUBLE you call me...I will HANDLE IT....The man keeps alot of kids out of trouble .....which I am sure there are other coaches that do the same thing....Like the Old Statler Brothers song says...."Life gets complicated when you get past 18"....He is a GOOD MAN to his players from what OTHERS TELL ME....The man "Walks softly and carries a big Stick"...

Crockett County had some TOUGH TIMES last years...Lot's of OFF THE FIELD distractions...The qb broke his neck in a wreck, Coach Brady suffers a stroke...yet they were coming on at the end of the year...That TB they had was just a junior....

Dyer County returns today after a 4 day stay at AUBURN where they are part of a 20 teams ( I think) that are running the spread...learning from Tony Franklin...DC should be OK..like I said before..THEY WON"T SNEAK UP ON ANYBODY..They will miss the senior leadership of BA Davis and a few of those kids...BA kept that bunch together though..IMO..He was their emotional leader...on and off the field....Jeff Miller steps into the lime light this year...Miller is Faster than Davis...and IS MEANER.....That is a scary thought...Remember he made Jackson Sun 2nd team LB last year....All the O-line returns....Peyton Lucas made Adam Clark..and now DC fans are awaiting the arrival of Freshman Dylan Dye who will push Lucas ....Their defense should be fine ...

Haywood like I said before is well...BROWNSVILLE....What can you say?..Big, fast and Strong...They have an assembly year over there every year...They just keep churning out the athletes..

Covington is like Haywood...Last year they were DOWN...but they had a young team...Look for them to rebound

Dyersburg...Counce alone is worth 2 tds...a young team..but I guarantee they will be like the Counce teams' in the past ....Well coached, Disciplined and fundamentally sound...and this team IMO will be MUCH STRONGER than the DHS teams in the past...This new training regime they brought back from MBA is something to see...Just by looking at the kids OUT OF THEIR PADS...You can tell they are BULKING UP....How that translates to the football field will be determined....I don't see any team being in better shape when the fourth quarter gets here...

The team to beat this season just like many past seasons are the Dyersburg Trojans. The trojans have been through a ew offense and counce hired a new conditioning coach which from what ive heard has transformed this team. Its a new season under the counce era and i cant wait to see how well caldwell has evolved into a player. I have a feeling that every team they play is going to have their hands full. After this season i believe the dc bandwagon will start to die off. this team was only successful because all they had was one decent player BA Davis. Miller have fun trying to escape the shadow of davis and lucas have fun eating dirt this season. maybe dye will wise up next year and transfer to dyersburg. believe me kid nobody is going to go to watch a program who will be back to barley winning games for a pretty good while. Dont let your talent go to watse.