Houston county

coachsp

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The job has been posted but no hire yet. It's tied to an elementary PE position in the county. School starts in HC on July 28, so the position should be filled pretty soon, I'd guess. The team lost one senior and returns several experienced upper and under classmen. From what I've heard, they're a good bunch of girls who will work hard and want to win. The shame of it all is that with the TSSAA calendar, they'll only have a short time to learn a new system before the season bgins. I know there are other schools in the same boat, and it's a shame for them as well. But that's another topic for another thread.......

The job has been posted but no hire yet. It's tied to an elementary PE position in the county. School starts in HC on July 28, so the position should be filled pretty soon, I'd guess. The team lost one senior and returns several experienced upper and under classmen. From what I've heard, they're a good bunch of girls who will work hard and want to win. The shame of it all is that with the TSSAA calendar, they'll only have a short time to learn a new system before the season bgins. I know there are other schools in the same boat, and it's a shame for them as well. But that's another topic for another thread.......

HC has some great coaches inside their own system. What about the assistant high school coach, she has been there for years. I heard coach Moore was wanting to get back into coaching, he does a great job. What about the middle school coach, she has had some great seasons. Keep us posted .

Current assistant coach is a special ed teacher... not sure if her teaching schedule would allow it. Heard the middle school's coach wasn't interested, but that's not confirmed. Not sure about Coach Moore... 3 of his children will be attending school in Montgomery Co. next year with two of them at Montgomery Central. His oldest son plays and started there last year, so not sure how that might conflict with him being a "dad" during basketball season. I'll keep things updated as I hear them!

Current assistant coach is a special ed teacher... not sure if her teaching schedule would allow it. Heard the middle school's coach wasn't interested, but that's not confirmed. Not sure about Coach Moore... 3 of his children will be attending school in Montgomery Co. next year with two of them at Montgomery Central. His oldest son plays and started there last year, so not sure how that might conflict with him being a "dad" during basketball season. I'll keep things updated as I hear them!

Hiring a coach at this late date creates a vicious circle if it isn't someone already in the system. It's hard enough to hire a coach in June, much less in July. Good school with great tradition.