Week 0's biggest matchups?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls VS Maryville week 0 could decide the Region Champ. IT would take 2 loses for the loser to win the region. That likely won't happen. These are the best 2 teams in the Region. Clinton and South Dolye will be much improved teams. The other team will resemble last year. Halls is banking on catching MAryville early before the O shows up. GQ and Saff are the best staff in the state. They will use a strong D and a solid running game to control the tempo and the score. With 1 goto reciever and others wanting to show what they can do, this game might not be as close as some feel it is going to be.

Halls VS Maryville week 0 could decide the Region Champ. IT would take 2 loses for the loser to win the region. That likely won't happen. These are the best 2 teams in the Region. Clinton and South Dolye will be much improved teams. The other team will resemble last year. Halls is banking on catching MAryville early before the O shows up. GQ and Saff are the best staff in the state. They will use a strong D and a solid running game to control the tempo and the score. With 1 goto reciever and others wanting to show what they can do, this game might not be as close as some feel it is going to be.

I'll try to give the projected (objective) view from Halls side.

I think this will be a low scoring affair. Last year was an incredible display of the offenses, but this year the defenses should hold their own. Halls showed incredible improvements defensively during the spring while a large portion of the offensive threats were playing baseball. Halls will be strong up front on the defensive side, with depth to play with as well. Look for a veteran linebacking corps to fly around the field, while the secondary could be the biggest surprise to opponents. On the offensive side Halls will be led by a veteran group of linemen. Caleb Leonard and Steven Hill lead this group in marching Halls down the field. TE Dorian Cottrell is a force to be reckoned with as well. In the backfield, look for Halls to use a stable of backs with plenty of talent and speed. Seniors Kevin Waggoner and Ryan Pixley figure to take a lot of the snaps, but look for Juniors Zack Gibson and Chad Blakely and Sophomore James O'laughlin to figure in the mix as well. On the outside look for junior Garrett Gresham to fill in the void left by Daniel Dayton. Gresham has the athleticism to pick right up where Dayton left off. Also look for the taller senior receivers, Holden Smith and Zach Zabowski, to really get into the mix too over time. And at QB Halls returns starter Tyler Turner who is a pass/run threat at the QB position.

I've probably forgotten some of the kids, but in general Halls figures to be a strong run defense team with an aggressive offensive line to attempt to control the clock. So way I see it, if Maryville is strong in run defense and running on offense...while Halls is the same, the kicking game could decide this game. That can be a toss-up at times in high school football. Thus, I figure this game to be low-scoring.

I think the Oakland Vs Riverdale is going to be huge!

Some may call me completely crazy, but I think this will be THE GAME to see week zero, too bad we are playing Shelbyville

I think this will be one of the better Battle of Boros in last few years from all the good things I am hearing from Oakland.. what do you think 2P?

Some may call me completely crazy, but I think this will be THE GAME to see week zero, too bad we are playing Shelbyville

I think this will be one of the better Battle of Boros in last few years from all the good things I am hearing from Oakland.. what do you think 2P?

Game 'could' decide who wins Region 4 this year. Should be WELL attended as WC and Lebanon are both not playing in week zero so they will both probably have a large presence to see what is coming their way later in the season. As Smyrna is playing at Siegel that night also I expect a bunch from Smyrna to be there also after halftime. That game 'should' be well in Smyrna's hands by then. Any way it goes ALL of Region 4 will be following it either live or on radio as I expect it to be WGNS game of the week and being broadcast.

Best part it is at Oakland this year so that means GREAT hot dogs! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

2p tell the boosters to expect a LARGE gate that night and put a couple 'dogs' on the fire for me!

Game 'could' decide who wins Region 4 this year. Should be WELL attended as WC and Lebanon are both not playing in week zero so they will both probably have a large presence to see what is coming their way later in the season. As Smyrna is playing at Siegel that night also I expect a bunch from Smyrna to be there also after halftime. That game 'should' be well in Smyrna's hands by then. Any way it goes ALL of Region 4 will be following it either live or on radio as I expect it to be WGNS game of the week and being broadcast.

Best part it is at Oakland this year so that means GREAT hot dogs! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

2p tell the boosters to expect a LARGE gate that night and put a couple 'dogs' on the fire for me!

Actually, Dad....................we do play week "0". The "Glade Kitties" have to travel to Franklin Co. and face the Rebels with their new coach. I see they have (7) college propects listed; this may be a tough hill to climb on the road. I had no idea that they had this many returnees. I guess we will see if we can meet the challenge.

Actually, Dad....................we do play week "0". The "Glade Kitties" have to travel to Franklin Co. and face the Rebels with their new coach. I see they have (7) college propects listed; this may be a tough hill to climb on the road. I had no idea that they had this many returnees. I guess we will see if we can meet the challenge.

Sorry, didn't see that game listed on the link CoachT put up as I only checked the Region 4 one.

Your game should be interesting as well as FC is running a totally new offense this year and not much time to firmly put it in place before Week 0. Also while some are over looking WC I am not because y'all are returning a few good players yourselves and have been steadily building your depth the last 4 years. That depth showed in the playoff game you beat R'dale in.

With so many new coaches this year it WILL be interesting in Region 4 this year! Main thing we ALL still have to beat ANY team we play from outside the Region to maintain the respect we have had to work hard to build over the years.

The only problem I have with the 'Kitties' is that incessant 'growl' when I am there. I hate to tell you this but to me it sounds WEAK. I know it is suppose to be a Wildcat, but y'all may want to record some much bigger cats sounds to play. To me it sounds like someone stepped on a HOUSE cats tail that has been neutered. JMO though.

Sorry, didn't see that game listed on the link CoachT put up as I only checked the Region 4 one.

Your game should be interesting as well as FC is running a totally new offense this year and not much time to firmly put it in place before Week 0. Also while some are over looking WC I am not because y'all are returning a few good players yourselves and have been steadily building your depth the last 4 years. That depth showed in the playoff game you beat R'dale in.

With so many new coaches this year it WILL be interesting in Region 4 this year! Main thing we ALL still have to beat ANY team we play from outside the Region to maintain the respect we have had to work hard to build over the years.

The only problem I have with the 'Kitties' is that incessant 'growl' when I am there. I hate to tell you this but to me it sounds WEAK. I know it is suppose to be a Wildcat, but y'all may want to record some much bigger cats sounds to play. To me it sounds like someone stepped on a HOUSE cats tail that has been neutered. JMO though.

What do you expect; they are "Kitties", and Kitties can only meow and purr. Hmm!...........Those "Kitties" sure played around in the Warrior sand box last year!!

ole

Two very good 4A / 5A matchups in Region I with be THS at D-B and Sullivan South at Science Hill.

The THS - D-B game will be the opener for the Indians' new turf and an opportunity for THS to even a score in a game many of their faithful thought they should have won last year. Also, it provides an opportunity for the Vikings to re-establish themselves as a football power in this corner of the state after their recent failures against Sullivan South. I predict a close Viking win.

Gilligan at Science Hill is not talking, just working - that spells trouble for the Rebels. There are many South fans who think the Rebels are loaded this year; I think the jury is still out. South will finish in the top three in RI 4A with it all coming down to the South - Betsy - THS round robin at the end of the season. If Gilligan does not make the playoffs this year, he may be gone. The Hill in an upset.