Week 0's biggest matchups?

Game 'could' decide who wins Region 4 this year. Should be WELL attended as WC and Lebanon are both not playing in week zero so they will both probably have a large presence to see what is coming their way later in the season. As Smyrna is playing at Siegel that night also I expect a bunch from Smyrna to be there also after halftime. That game 'should' be well in Smyrna's hands by then. Any way it goes ALL of Region 4 will be following it either live or on radio as I expect it to be WGNS game of the week and being broadcast.

Best part it is at Oakland this year so that means GREAT hot dogs! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

2p tell the boosters to expect a LARGE gate that night and put a couple 'dogs' on the fire for me!

Ya I wish we were at Oakland again this year, those hotdogs are worth having to play away...lol

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

August 22nd, 2008

Halls Red Devils (2nd round playoff team last year)

vs

Maryville Rebels (defending state champs)

It was close (38-30) last year, at Maryville

Game is in Halls this year, and Halls returns a LOT

Both teams will have exceptional defenses

It will be a HUGE crowd and a great atmosphere

Halls was the last team to beat the Rebels before they went on their 60 game 4A win streak...

...and may be the last team to beat them before they go to 5A?

Best game in East Tennessee week 0

Maryville is going to 5A?

Two very good 4A / 5A matchups in Region I with be THS at D-B and Sullivan South at Science Hill.

The THS - D-B game will be the opener for the Indians' new turf and an opportunity for THS to even a score in a game many of their faithful thought they should have won last year. Also, it provides an opportunity for the Vikings to re-establish themselves as a football power in this corner of the state after their recent failures against Sullivan South. I predict a close Viking win.

Gilligan at Science Hill is not talking, just working - that spells trouble for the Rebels. There are many South fans who think the Rebels are loaded this year; I think the jury is still out. South will finish in the top three in RI 4A with it all coming down to the South - Betsy - THS round robin at the end of the season. If Gilligan does not make the playoffs this year, he may be gone. The Hill in an upset.

I could agree with you about "should have won" except that they also should have beaten Sullivan South and they should have beaten Volunteer in the playoffs too. The sports world is full of shoulda-woulda-couldas!

Two very good 4A / 5A matchups in Region I with be THS at D-B and Sullivan South at Science Hill.

The THS - D-B game will be the opener for the Indians' new turf and an opportunity for THS to even a score in a game many of their faithful thought they should have won last year. Also, it provides an opportunity for the Vikings to re-establish themselves as a football power in this corner of the state after their recent failures against Sullivan South. I predict a close Viking win.

Gilligan at Science Hill is not talking, just working - that spells trouble for the Rebels. There are many South fans who think the Rebels are loaded this year; I think the jury is still out. South will finish in the top three in RI 4A with it all coming down to the South - Betsy - THS round robin at the end of the season. If Gilligan does not make the playoffs this year, he may be gone. The Hill in an upset.

Can the Viking defense stand up to the Indian offense? The Vikes "should" be able to move the ball on offense, but I'm uncertain of how well the Viking defense will be able to perform. J Fred is a tough venue and it will be difficult to contain the Indians, especially if turnovers are present.

Smith could be out after only 2 years?

Smith could be out after only 2 years?

Holt was gone in 3. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> He was 19-14 at THS and never had a losing season. I'd say if Science Hill goes 5-5 or better they will be willing to keep him. It's uncertain if he'll stay though.

I'm really looking forward to the Pistol Creek Packrats and the Rocky Branch Braves battle. The winner gets moonshine rights at Nebo mountain for a year. Pistol Creek is loaded with Nuchols, Dockery's and Titlows this year.

MLREB

As they say on Rocky Branch "you ain't right in the head".... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How's that son of yours doing? How's your team looking? Are you keeping Joey straight? Things are fine down Mint Road but the baseball field has turned into a hay field. Big Daniel is still getting bigger. It's much cheaper to clothe him than feed him...... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

tpoole12

I'm really looking forward to the Pistol Creek Packrats and the Rocky Branch Braves battle. The winner gets moonshine rights at Nebo mountain for a year. Pistol Creek is loaded with Nuchols, Dockery's and Titlows this year.

MLREB rekkon Komkast er Chartur will tape delay that battul of Blunt Countee's best????....Do ewe thank Della Mae will watch tha Rebs er this eppick battul???.... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />