Maryville vs. Alcoa

AHSBUTTER

John and Jimmy that is one of the most doltish things I have seen posted on this site, now yes I forsee both teams loosing to Maryville but can you seriously think that a team like Halls can provide a more competitive contest than Alcoa. I know you have severely biased view of football ability based entirely on your elitist view that a team with a more substantial number in front of the A of their classification is automatcaly superior to a team in classification denoted by a less significant number but their is no way any rational person could honestly believe that your inference, that Halls is better than Alcoa, is correct.

now for an early prediction

Alcoa 14

George Quarles 20

no one can beat George Quarles as much as it pains me to say it.

and Halls looses by at least twenty.

Can you read...apparently you're NOT the smartest person alive!

I said Halls would be lucky to not get beaten as badly as Alcoa will...which means Alcoa will keep it closer.

I was on Alcoa's side...Halls doesn't stand a chance.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love threads like these. Haha. Theres nothing better than shootin the breeze about rivals and big game matchups.

I will pick Alcoa by 3. I am just wanting to see what will happen to Maryville/Mairvul once they lose. To see if they have the mental strength to go 14-1 after losing the first game. To see if the other thread was right and Maplewood will take the 4A state trophy. Both have very strong programs. And i am guaranteeing this game to be a great one.

Good Luck to both teams.

-BarnBurner

BarnBuner09..We started 0-4 in 2000 and wint 11-0 tha rest of tha way..so's yes we got sum mentull strength..especially that dude on tha sidelines that looks like Joel O'Steen's twin bruthur wif shortur hare....

btgoG eye rilly injoy yore posts....keep 'em comin'...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

John and Jimmy that is one of the most doltish things I have seen posted on this site, now yes I forsee both teams loosing to Maryville but can you seriously think that a team like Halls can provide a more competitive contest than Alcoa. I know you have severely biased view of football ability based entirely on your elitist view that a team with a more substantial number in front of the A of their classification is automatcaly superior to a team in classification denoted by a less significant number but their is no way any rational person could honestly believe that your inference, that Halls is better than Alcoa, is correct.

now for an early prediction

Alcoa 14

George Quarles 20

no one can beat George Quarles as much as it pains me to say it.

and Halls looses by at least twenty.

now dont get me wrong here, but didnt alcoa lose to maryville last year by like 20? yet halls only lost by 8. now i know its hard to compare two teams that didnt play against each other especially with the difference in classes. but looking at the common opponent, i would say that halls was the better team against maryville and put up the better fight.

i look for both of these games to be close. maryville really set itself up for a tough two weeks, therefor, i see maryville coming into its game with alcoa 0-1.

now dont get me wrong here, but didnt alcoa lose to maryville last year by like 20? yet halls only lost by 8. now i know its hard to compare two teams that didnt play against each other especially with the difference in classes. but looking at the common opponent, i would say that halls was the better team against maryville and put up the better fight.

i look for both of these games to be close. maryville really set itself up for a tough two weeks, therefor, i see maryville coming into its game with alcoa 0-1.

you guys are making the same mistake that Alcoa made 3 yrs ago.

Didn't Halls lose to Redbank something around 42- 7 and didn't we beat Redbank 52-21. That shows you how much scores matter. As I played in both the Halls game and the Alcoa game last year, I would have to say Alcoa was a better team. We just didn't execute on defense like we normally do. And I can tell you Gaylor and co. reamed us for it the next Monday.

Folks, anybody that would pick Alcoa,Halls, or anybody else in ET for that matter over Maryville is not being very realistic.

At some point, the law of averages says that Maryville will eventually lose to some of these teams. But at this point in time, given Maryville's absolute domination of this area in recent years, it is sheer folly to pick against the Rebels.

Sometimes, playing in Week 0 can be disadvantage. I wonder if that might be the case this year for M'ville.

The Halls game will be hyped all summer long in Knoxville. Alcoa is a huge rival but is some complacency possible?

I think M'ville will beat Halls solidly but will lose their long unbeaten streak against Alcoa.

I will reserve my pick until after week 0. I pretty much know what we have coming back at QB, but does Murvil even know who is going to start at this point? I want to see what the Rebs have against Halls. (and no Halls fans, you will not beat them) I think the Dennis Farina v. Joel O'steen game will be the best since 2000. (06 was a sloppy game by both teams with Darth Rebel winning 17-14.