Gas is a Real Pain

CoachT

Gas is a Real Pain

Reactions/suggestions?

One thought that comes to mind is to cut out the travel (or sport all together) for the sports that can't fund themselves. Many football teams make engough money at the gates to support themselves. The same can't be said for many other sports. I'd hate for it to come to that but you've gotta do what you gotta do. We've have to cut back in our house, sounds like the schools are going to have to do the same.

With current budgets, buses will be tight. I predict booster clubs and parents will pick up the tab for travel. Don't forget the band. What's a Friday night game without the band?????

The band, the team, the cheerleaders.... You cant have a game without them, but WHAT ABOUT THE STUDENTS THAT COME TO THE GAMES???? That's what makes high school football high school football, is the screaming teenagers acting like idiots up in the stands.

The game can be played without the cheerleaders and the band. The only requirements necesssary to play the games are the coaches and the players. Everyone else should get there on their own at no expense to the schools.

That will not work...liability issues would preclude individual travel for school group events.

Frankly, though...I would be concerned about some politician at the state board level trying to look good and banning extracurricular travel of ANY kind to be 'conservation-minded' and giving the finger to anybody who argues otherwise. Look at what Congress is doing...it could happen.